Is London becoming the most dangerous city in the world?

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous
  • bobmar360 11 Jul 2008 21:49:17 912 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    London - one of the big business capitals of the world, people used to runaway to London, how long will it be before they are running away from the place, in the last 24 hours 4 people have been stabbed to death!! and 1 is in hospital (critical).

It's important to note that a lot of the stabbing are gang related but not all of them.

This is an awful shame and very frightening.

Then you have the ever present danger of a terrorist attack (they aren't gonna blow up some little village,are they?)

• GuiltySpark 11 Jul 2008 22:01:07 6,387 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, don't be stupid.

Get bent.

• famous_roy 11 Jul 2008 22:06:23 4,102 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're being a bit misled by media spin there buddy. There are no more stabbings then there were 5 years ago, probably less, its just that stab stories sell papers at the moment.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Carlo 11 Jul 2008 22:09:19 18,061 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bobmar reads too much newspaper

PSN ID: Djini

• Deleted user 11 July 2008 22:51:33
    yes, and i fully expect to be knifed, bottled, stabbed and blown up the moment i get off the train from gatwick next time i visit my sister.
  • heyyo 11 Jul 2008 22:54:47 14,373 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bobmar360 wrote:
    London - one of the big business capitals of the world, people used to runaway to London, how long will it be before they are running away from the place, in the last 24 hours 4 people have been stabbed to death!! and 1 is in hospital (critical).

It's important to note that a lot of the stabbing are gang related but not all of them.

Then you have the ever present danger of a terrorist attack (they aren't gonna blow up some little village,are they?)

It's the summer hols bless, bored youths stab each other to death out of boredom. It'll be ok in September.
  • Venkman90 11 Jul 2008 23:08:34 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh and have you never heard of:

Bogota
    Washington DC
    Los Angles
    New York
    Buenos Aires
    St Petersberg
    Moscow

and a mile long list of places all around the world they would kill you for crossing the street
  • Carlo 11 Jul 2008 23:09:45 18,061 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not New York these days... Very safe now.

PSN ID: Djini

• megastar 11 Jul 2008 23:11:15 17,186 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I reckon Iraq is a bit more dangerous TBH

/knows iraq is a country
  • President_Weasel 11 Jul 2008 23:26:12 9,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bobmar360 wrote:

No.

You idiot.

let's look at crime rates for US cities shall we?

But if you really want a dangerous city you should try Johannesburg, or maybe Bogota in Colombia.

London's not even close.

here are some properly dangerous countries for you

You'll note that Scotland is considerably above England and Wales in murders per 100,000 people, which suggests London might not even be the most dangerous city in the UK.

Of course, if you are looking at total number of murders per city, London will have a higher figure than any other city in the UK and most of them in Europe, but that's because greater London is fucking ENORMOUS. There's 10 million people in greater London, more than in many countries.
    Try to keep that in mind will you.
  • President_Weasel 11 Jul 2008 23:45:07 9,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Met Police website shows 160 murders for the whole of London in the 12 months to March 08.

Now look at San Salvador. If Carlsberg made terrifyingly dangerous murdertowns

With 1.6 million people San Salvador had 450-odd murders in 2006. London, with vastly more people, has far less.
  • magicpanda 11 Jul 2008 23:46:15 13,366 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If it bleeds it leads.
  • President_Weasel 11 Jul 2008 23:48:57 9,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seriously, the sheer credulous idiocy of the title of this thread makes me angry.
  • WrongShui 11 Jul 2008 23:50:42 6,619 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know Mr President, I know.

It's ok, here, have a hug.
  • President_Weasel 11 Jul 2008 23:58:08 9,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks, I'll just take a deep breath and stop posting wikipedia links now.

It's just, sometimes I just despair, you know?
  • Deleted user 12 July 2008 01:30:29
    Glasgow is by far the worst in UK.
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 12 Jul 2008 04:54:35 8,934 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    bobmar360 wrote:

Seriously are you fucking retarded? Does all the media have to do is throw a little sensationalized reporting out on a hook and you'll bite it?

Listen, the best way to determine if the city is the most dangerous in the world is to compare it's YEARLY statistics on a broad measure of crimes with other cities. Don't look at your news stations paniced cries of anarchy and react as you have: as a fucking fucktard that can't fucking think for himself but can only be told what to fucking think, you stupid fuck.
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 12 Jul 2008 05:01:30 8,934 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Also, you are hereby banned from Eurogamer. You are no longer allowed to post or even lurk on the forums, in fact you are no longer allowed to even think of Eurogamer in any manner and my decision is final.
  • Madder-Max 12 Jul 2008 10:02:53 11,656 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is what annoys me about Londoners.... mostly sheeple. Anyway. I think places like Basra are a bit more dangerous you twat.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• spazmo 12 Jul 2008 10:56:28 2,778 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bill Gates is Evil wrote:
    Seriously are you fucking retarded? as a fucking fucktard that can't fucking think for himself but can only be told what to fucking think, you stupid fuck.

MICROSOFT BUYS LINUX!!!!
  • captaineurogamer 12 Jul 2008 11:16:26 4,322 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bill Gates is Evil wrote:
    bobmar360 wrote:

Are you a londoner?

Seriously are you fucking retarded? Does all the media have to do is throw a little sensationalized reporting out on a hook and you'll bite it?

Listen, the best way to determine if the city is the most dangerous in the world is to compare it's YEARLY statistics on a broad measure of crimes with other cities. Don't look at your news stations paniced cries of anarchy and react as you have: as a fucking fucktard that can't fucking think for himself but can only be told what to fucking think, you stupid fuck.
  • President_Weasel 12 Jul 2008 12:09:04 9,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    KILLA wrote:

No it isn't.
    What happened, you saw an episode of Taggart?

according to these guys Glasgow is one of the 50 safest cities in the world.

/despairs
  • Deleted user 12 July 2008 12:44:31
    Yes, If you are an eel with a jelly allergy.
  • Machiavel 12 Jul 2008 12:52:32 5,964 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You naysayers make me sick. You think you can prove anything with facts!

/buries head in Daily Mail and re-enters horror fantasy.
  • PazJohnMitch 12 Jul 2008 12:52:57 8,066 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Historically the most dangerous place on earth is Israel. Currently Zimbabwe and Iraq are probably worse but there will never be peace in Israel as to many different factions believe it should belong to them.
  • Dynamize 12 Jul 2008 12:55:18 1,672 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But if you look at the British Crime Survey, and ignore the crimes that have stayed static or fallen, then crime is clearly rising and we're all going to die.
  • bobmar360 12 Jul 2008 14:27:50 912 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was a question not an answer you thick fucking pricks!!
  • President_Weasel 12 Jul 2008 14:45:06 9,336 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bobmar360 wrote:
    It was a question not an answer you thick fucking pricks!!

It was a fucking stupid question and it made you look like an idiot.
  • Bill-Gates-is-Evil 12 Jul 2008 23:28:37 8,934 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It was a very stupid fucking question, and just by asking it you show that you don't know the answer which not only makes you look like an idiot, but be an idiot in fact.
  • Deleted user 13 July 2008 00:35:37
    President Weasel wrote:
    KILLA wrote:
    No it isn't.
    What happened, you saw an episode of Taggart?

according to these guys Glasgow is one of the 50 safest cities in the world.

/despairs
    Highest percentage of murders per person in Western Europe according to Channel 4.
    I can't provide links 'cos I'm on the PS3, but I typed Glasgow murder rate into Google, and theres loads of examples.
    It has 3 times the murder rate of London.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Previous