Iran moves the hour hand closer to midnight Page 22

• Page

of 22 First / Last

Next
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Nov 2013 18:46:00 24,558 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I see things have taken a turn for the even more brainless in here.
  • mal 9 Nov 2013 19:27:07 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    elmastero wrote:
    Alright.Enough of the faggot odyssey.

Edited by mal at 19:27:19 09-11-2013

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 19:47:59 3,503 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    moron wrote:

Personnaly I have nothing against gays until they run under my window half naked in leather trousers talking something about pride (whatever it means), but a lot of people think different
    fucking LOL - surely a ban is long overdue for this idiot?
    Yeah! Call in a ban for anyone mentioning the words gay or homosexual. Bit sensitive today girls, eh?

What is wrong with Iran having nuclear weapons anyway? Honestly, the world is soo hypocritical over this issue.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• mal 9 Nov 2013 19:52:00 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Um

MrTomFTW wrote:
    I think that's enough out of moron. He can go be a moron on another site.

• Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 19:57:26 3,503 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll reiterate, to get the thread back on track....

Moot_Point wrote:
    What is wrong with Iran having nuclear weapons anyway? Honestly, the world is soo hypocritical over this issue.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Bremenacht 9 Nov 2013 20:07:33 15,751 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    I'll reiterate, to get the thread back on track....

Moot_Point wrote:
    Any chance of banning this casual, chuckling xenophobe too?

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• mal 9 Nov 2013 20:08:22 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes, the nuclear non-proliferation treaty is pretty hypocritical, but we can't stuff the scientific discoveries back in the bag, so it's currently the best strategy we have in stopping the world going to hell in a handcart. Remember the cold war? That times 10 = very not cool.

Although Iran is a signatory to the treaty, it's been found that the stuff it's been doing with it's nuke research are contrary to that treaty.

But yeah, the main reason particularly Israel and the US is afraid of Iran getting nukes is they're afraid of getting hit. Note at the same time that Israel probably has nukes, and has never signed the treaty.

• Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 20:16:46 3,503 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So a country who wishes to show the world they are responsible enough to have nuclear weapons cannot do so because of the US and Israel? Wasn't the same said when India and Pakistan got them too?

• mal 9 Nov 2013 20:22:55 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    India and Pakistan never signed up to the treaty, so it was no great surprise that they were developing nukes. There was various posturing over the years as I recall, but everyone knew it was a fait accompli. Whereas Iran signed the treaty to promise they wouldn't try to get nukes. That's the only power the West has over Iran, as much as they would like to lay down the law.

• RedSparrows 9 Nov 2013 20:35:44 20,752 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, the world is immensely hypocritical about nuclear weaponry. Really hitting the issues here, moot.

No, I'd rather Iran didn't have them. I'd rather Israel didn't either, or indeed anyone at all. Israel is something of a special case, however, for good and ill.

Edited by RedSparrows at 20:35:56 09-11-2013
  • Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 21:33:53 3,503 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @RedSparrows I would love to live in the same idyllic world you propose that's WMD free, but the religious zealots around the world feel the world is a much better place with them. Much to our dismay.

• mal 9 Nov 2013 22:01:49 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's not really a religious issue. Why bring that into it? It's 100% politics.

• Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 22:05:00 3,503 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Christian, Catholic, Jewish and Muslim countries have them. No?

• mal 9 Nov 2013 22:11:17 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    And so do many secular states (France, Germany, South Africa at least). So religion is irrelevant.

• Khanivor 9 Nov 2013 22:19:45 39,869 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In the case of Iran and Israel politics and religion are highly intermixed. Israel's stance has often been driven by the views of the extremists who have been required to form governments and Iran's politicians are essentially decided upon by its clergy.

If it weren't for the religious angles and how they determine foreign policy then I don't think anyone could give a fuck whether or not Iran had some nukes.
  • mal 9 Nov 2013 22:28:31 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmm, IMO in the cases of Iran and Israel politics and religion are so intertwined that they're basically the same thing. Israel was formed because of religion, and the conflict between Israel and Iran was initially on a religious basis, but it's long since morphed into a political/diplomatic issue imo.

• Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 22:34:44 3,503 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well yes, most political systems have a religious undertone, thus my original point.

• mal 9 Nov 2013 22:39:43 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmm fair enough. Just strikes me that Iranian muslims support nuclear armament (if they do) because they're Iranian, not because they're muslim. And ditto jewish Israelis. And they may not be religious zealots, while they're almost certainly uber-nationalist.

• Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 22:42:57 3,503 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I see all organised religion as zealotry. lol However diluted in politics it seems. :]

• RedSparrows 9 Nov 2013 22:50:30 20,752 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ARGHHHH
  • bantamenace 9 Nov 2013 22:54:37 73 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh dear. You guys need to read. Then pause. Then think. Then pause again before posting. Have you read what you've said? Come on fellas
  • BillMurray 9 Nov 2013 23:00:18 7,235 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fucking hell, glad I came in this thread.
  • mal 9 Nov 2013 23:09:22 21,937 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think the forum's on the blob.

• Moot_Point 9 Nov 2013 23:19:07 3,503 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nah, someone has a bloody nose. /wipes

• Khanivor 9 Nov 2013 23:56:11 39,869 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /curtains
  • Dirtbox 10 Nov 2013 00:25:30 76,327 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Now can someone change the thread title to 'Iran moves the hour hand closer to tea time'?

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Page

of 22 First / Last

Next