Iran moves the hour hand closer to midnight Page 3

  • Page

    of 22 First / Last

  • phAge 9 Jul 2008 18:55:29 24,344 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, here's hoping that one of the mods will help you on your way shortly...
  • sanctusmortis 9 Jul 2008 18:57:17 9,628 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So you admit to having multiple accounts without necessity, or admit to them being GI'd?

    SOCK
  • UncleLou Moderator 9 Jul 2008 19:00:05 35,506 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    phAge, meet the Treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons.

    Treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons, this is phAge.

    Israel has never signed the treaty, though.
  • kalel 9 Jul 2008 19:44:45 86,914 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    phAge, meet the Treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons.

    Treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons, this is phAge.

    Israel has never signed the treaty, though.

    Well that's true, but as I understand it they're still falling foul of some sort of law by developing them. I don't know, I'm on shakey knowledge there so I won't push it.

    The point really is that it's hipocritical of America to ignore Israel developing nukes.
  • captaineurogamer 9 Jul 2008 19:49:05 4,322 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ace Grace wrote:
    captaineurogamer wrote:
    bauhaus wrote:
    I walk to work


    bring it on

    LOL

    I work from home!

    Its like top trumps.

    SAme here, I work from home. Its good innit.
  • MetalDog 9 Jul 2008 20:03:25 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think if you have to attack the poster instead of the poster's argument, you have proven yourself not up to the discussion.

    I like Khani - we disagree on EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE but we get along otherwise, I think.

    As for your point, Khani - ignoring the way Israel has treated its neighbours, up to and including attack them 'for their own safety' - nah. Israel has been acting like a big throbbing cock for some time - so has Iran - so has the the US - so has the UK, etc, etc. Nearly every country on the planet appears to be ruled by cock of one nature or another and they all cost their people in lives by being so.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • paul_haine 9 Jul 2008 20:15:32 4,205 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fruit_Salad wrote:
    I don't have a wife for sex.

    Someone with a wife could beat me at forum top trumps now.


    What if you were to have sex with their wife? Who wins then?
  • Razz 9 Jul 2008 20:18:26 61,042 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Satan

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Deleted user 9 July 2008 20:30:58
    MetalDog wrote:
    I think if you have to attack the poster instead of the poster's argument, you have proven yourself not up to the discussion.

    I like Khani - we disagree on EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE but we get along otherwise, I think.

    As for your point, Khani - ignoring the way Israel has treated its neighbours, up to and including attack them 'for their own safety' - nah. Israel has been acting like a big throbbing cock for some time - so has Iran - so has the the US - so has the UK, etc, etc. Nearly every country on the planet appears to be ruled by cock of one nature or another and they all cost their people in lives by being so.

    I think you'll find it's a bunch of cocks for each country taking part in a massive circle jerk over the general peace-loving populace.
  • NBZ 9 Jul 2008 20:32:37 2,371 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am pretty certain this exercise had nothing to do with the earlier Israeli exercise involving 100+ planes going a distance equal to or greater than from Israel to Iran (but as it was an exercise they went the other way).

    I still think 100+planes would cause the greater damage.

    As for international law - it is a fascade. The strong can ignore it when it suits them. The weak cannot unless they are either crazy or have strong allies.

    IMO the UN should be reduced to a glorified humanitarian organisation. remove the security council altogether.
  • dirigiblebill 9 Jul 2008 20:46:59 1,634 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    An affectation of moral superiority is irritating enough; multiply the irritation a hundred-fucking-fold when it's delivered from the mouth of a painfully oblivious hypocrite.

    Article noun preposition adjective noun verb adjective adjective verb article noun article [split compound: noun-gerund-suffix] adverb [contraction: pronoun verb] preposition preposition article adverb adjective noun.

    EDIT- Oops, missed some.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Jul 2008 20:49:45 39,435 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Seriously though Fuck the Middle East

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Deleted user 9 July 2008 20:50:42
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Seriously though Fuck the

    Well, quite.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Jul 2008 20:54:59 39,435 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Seriously though Fuck the

    Well, quite.

    You missed the rest of my quote.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Deleted user 9 July 2008 21:40:04
    HybridR wrote:

    North Korea feels left out

    I'm so ronery
  • WrongShui 9 Jul 2008 21:42:20 6,609 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Khani is a complete wuss.

    It's the only explanation for the disappearance of our civ 4 game.
  • Mr_Brown 9 Jul 2008 22:25:51 979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wasn't it Israel a couple of months ago making headlines about testing its air forces and cruise missiles and was critisised for 'preparing for war' with Iran by securing their borders with other neighbours by diplomacy.

    It looks to me like a conflict between both Iran and Israel is inevitable and if Iran persist with this nuclear program, I can see the US steping in ether during this conflict or in its aftermath. Just hope this doesn't act has a catalist for conflict between Russia, China and other middle easten coutnries against the West. It would devastate the planet, if not end it for human kind...

    Vita: GameOverYeah

  • MetalDog 9 Jul 2008 22:37:50 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    InExtremis wrote:
    Dismount the fucking high horse already; you're the first to dispense with the insults whenever you've deemed the discourse to have dipped below your own impeccable standards.

    I now present MetalDog's entire forum history, in microcosm: Why can't human beings just be nicer to each other? YOU UTTER COCKS.

    An affectation of moral superiority is irritating enough; multiply the irritation a hundred-fucking-fold when it's delivered from the mouth of a painfully oblivious hypocrite.

    Ahh, the old 'high horse' argument.

    I don't consider myself morally superior at all - I'm guilty as sin of just about every mean stupidity most of the rest of humanity is prone to and have admitted as much on several occasions.

    I still think that when you spend an entire post attacking the poster and not even touching on their point, you've shown you're not up to the argument. Even when I do it, you yellow-bellied arsemouthed tick =)

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • Khanivor 10 Jul 2008 03:34:34 40,520 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    InExtremis wrote:
    Khanivor's arguments are no more repellant than those of any other neo-con; he wants his country to bomb other countries. Constantly. As in, he posts cunningly disguised slavering-wank topics pertaining to such scenarios on a weekly basis.

    My personal view is that Khanivor is impotent. He likes the thought of "cruise missiles penetrating air defences" n' such because he is incapable of achieving any sort of penetration himself. Supporting wars in which he will never fight just makes him feel like a man, I guess.

    ROFLCOPTORZ. Me, a neo-con, that's good un :D

    @kalel - there is indeed duplicity in the US and European nations ignoring Isreal's dodgy nukes but I don't think you can say Iran needs nukes to protect themselves from an Israeli attack. The only reason Israel would attack Iran is to stop them getting nukes, so by developing nukes Iran is courting the attack they are supposedly trying to discourage.

    AFAIK, Israel developed their nukes in secret and even stole technology from the US and other allies to aid their program. If the Israeli lobby wasn't so strong in the US I think more noise would have been made about it, but the simple fact is Israel is an ally who has been attacked twice by multiple nations. If this hadn't happened I doubt Israel would have gotten off with their program.

    And let's not forget that we aren't talking about the US and Israel vs. Iran. Iran is ignoring UNSC resolutions, meaning even China and Russia are against the idea. Pretty much everyone in the world is against Iran getting nukes. It's just some are more against it than others and more willing to take action if Iran refuses to wise up.

    A country that posses nuclear weapons basically becomes immune to a conventional forces attack. The problem with Iran is the distinct possibility they may use this rule to wage either direct or indirect war against other nations in the gulf, safe in the knowledge none of the nuclear powers would want to get involved for fear of escalating the conflict to a nuclear one. There has to be a reason why countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and even Yemen to an extent are so happy to have cordial military relations with the US.

    @ Wrong - sent my turn to Caspar, but if we do manage to get the game back on track I promise not to nuke you. Well, till I develop nukes ;P
  • Khanivor 10 Jul 2008 03:44:49 40,520 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    As for your point, Khani - ignoring the way Israel has treated its neighbours, up to and including attack them 'for their own safety' - nah. Israel has been acting like a big throbbing cock for some time - so has Iran - so has the the US - so has the UK, etc, etc. Nearly every country on the planet appears to be ruled by cock of one nature or another and they all cost their people in lives by being so.

    I agree, (have you seen the chain email about how women of different ages are like certain countries...?) but all the cocktarding of other nations doesn't negate the serious threat posed by a nuclear armed Iran. The simple fact is we don't want more countries with nukes, regardless of the nature of their regime. However, an odious regime such as Iran's makes preventing their spread an even more pressing matter.

    And yes, I do think we get along pretty damn well for people who ave a tendency to disagree on many subjects. I wouldn't say everything though as I think our core beliefs about human nature run in parallel :)
  • Deleted user 10 July 2008 08:05:29
    I dont see the problem here. The US is the only country to have used them, why should they and its allies have the monopoly on who get into the nuclear club?

    This for me is nothing more than stupid sensationalism, to get the public rilled up and demonize Iran for wanting to protect itself from the real aggressor, the US/West. If there was ever a sanctioned strike on Iran, then I do hope they launch their weapons, they have every right to defend themselves against odious regimes such as the Bush administration to quote Khanivor.

    This stinks of oil again. Now that Iran is selling its oil exclusively in Euros, designed to fuck up the US economy.

  • Chopsen 10 Jul 2008 08:22:20 15,851 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe if Israel and Iran are all armed to the teeth with nukes they'll go through that cold war/MAD phase the rest of us went through last century, realise they all will die horribly if they try anything stupid and take a gradual climb down.


  • souljah 10 Jul 2008 08:47:56 4,701 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There is no threat from a nuclear armed Iran. None.
    For all their half-cocked talk, the top leadership are ultimatly rational people. They know that had they possession of a few nuclear weapons

    A): They certainly could not use them in a conventional manner (ie ballistic missile) as there would be little doubt as to where they came from, and within 15-20 minutes, Israeli missiles and US ICBMs would be fighting in the sky on who is going to destroy a city first.

    B): They also couldnt smuggle it into Tel Aviv or into the US. Again, were it discovered before detonation, or it did indeed detonate, it would not take too much work to discover the source of the weapons-grade material and mushrooms are sprouting in Iran in short time.

    An Iranian nuke could not be an offensive weapon as it would be a totally unbalanced equation - assured destruction of Iran with minimal to medium damage to the target country.

    Now as a weapon of last resort against an attacking nuclear power who is gaining an upper hand, that seems more likely.
  • shamblemonkee 10 Jul 2008 09:13:26 14,319 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Or simply as a deterrant.
  • souljah 10 Jul 2008 09:30:52 4,701 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    Or simply as a deterrant.

    Oh definitely.

    Whn you consider that the US have invaded two of Iran's immediate neighbours in the past 6 years and are setting up permanent military bases there, already have several air bases located in former Soviet countries near its border, a constant carrier force near its waters and a nuclear-armed Israel with future submarine launch capabilities - I know I'd want a nuke or two as deterrant.
  • shamblemonkee 10 Jul 2008 09:40:34 14,319 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quite, whilst I think that nuclear proliferation is generally a bad thing, I also see the logic in Iran wanting nuclear weapons capability so badly. Iran with nukes is scary to me not soley because they are a 'rogue' state and maybe we should be concerned with what bravery this new ability will give them, but because it also increases the stakes of standoff and maybe likelihood of more US approved pre-emptive strikes?

    *breathe, long sentence, sorry*
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Jul 2008 09:43:52 39,435 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nuke the region, once we have that bacteria that shits petrol working well enough. We dont need them. Problem solved.

    Come and get it cumslingers!

  • Chopsen 10 Jul 2008 09:46:36 15,851 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    and maybe likelihood of more US approved pre-emptive strikes?

    If they had nukes, surely this would be LESS likely?
  • Page

    of 22 First / Last

Log in or register to reply