Iran moves the hour hand closer to midnight Page 19

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Deleted user 23 February 2012 09:34:51
    RedSparrows wrote:
    A friend posted on Facebook a video about how the US and Israel are conspiring. Apparently Israel will sink the USS Enterprise in the Persian Gulf, and blame Iran.

They put 'probably true' on it.

/woe
    Is your friend niteninja?
  • RedSparrows 23 Feb 2012 15:21:55 23,876 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, she's a lady who puts more stock in questions that 'go against the status quo' by asking for blood from stones than anything remotely sensible.
  • Dangerous_Dan 29 Feb 2012 13:08:28 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah well, the world was a better place when only the US and the CCCP had nuclear weapons. Since both of them are reasonable folks who do not wage preemptive wars all was good.

Now that those evil imperialistic Iranian muslims who do all these preemptive war stuff and have built over 50 military bases to encircle the free world may gonna develop an atomic bomb I feel really unsafe.

Glad I'm losing not perspective over all this and do not worry about things like why the financial banking sector gets bigger and bigger (you know the guys who do not actually do productive work but whose duty should be to run the monetary system as efficiently as possible without wasting productive capacities of a country) while the majority of western countries have to import the products from asia piling on the debts which won't be paid back without devaluing the western currencies which will lead to a stagflation....

But who cares, living on debts never paying them back is awesome - look at all those suckers who work hard for their money, saving it and losing purchasing power because of my unsustainable debt piling. That's how you make incentives to work hard and create wealth right?...

ah, politics... so easy to drift away. ;)

*mind the sarcastic parts of the rant*

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 13:22:00 29-02-2012
  • Bremenacht 30 Mar 2012 13:17:32 19,371 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Israel 'does Azerbaijan airbase deal' in plan to attack Iran

The suggestion is that the US seems quite intent on gently disrupting any Israeli plans for attacking Iran.
  • Bremenacht 30 Mar 2012 13:21:26 19,371 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reminds me of this gif

..showing the big man (the US) placating an angry goose (Israel) which is in a high state of tension due to the threat posed my an unseen nest of Islamic weasels (Iran), who seek to destroy the goose's nest of eggs.
  • Tonka 30 Mar 2012 13:28:12 21,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I always pictured Israel as a swan rather than a goose.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Bremenacht 25 Apr 2012 20:13:11 19,371 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17837768

More mixed messages.
  • Bremenacht 29 Apr 2012 00:04:06 19,371 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17879744

And more.
  • fletch7100 29 Apr 2012 01:01:08 7,440 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just be nOrmal service. False flag attack blamed on Iran to set things off

Still love the fact that Israel won't confirm or deny they have nuclear weapons, won't allow inspectors into their country, won't sign to The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. Even after they got caught many years ago trying to sell nuclear weapon to white apartheid government of South Africa

Check out the terrorist group MEK,Iranian based terrorist group, who surprise surprise America has taken them off their terrorist list and help set them up in a vacant us army base in northern Iraq

USS liberty story is one to check out. 1967 Israel attacked American spy/surveillance ship in international waters, killed 34, wounded 167 and the resulting cover up

Or lavon affair, 1954 Jewish Egyptian spies were to destroy Egyptian, American, British owned buildings, consulates in Egypt then blame it on Muslims, commies, anyone really to make US and Britain take tougher stance in Egypt. Plan failed due to bomb exploding early and the spy cell caught whilst trying to escape.isarel defence Minster Pinhas Lavon resigned over this

Edited by fletch7100 at 17:24:23 25-07-2012
  • jellyhead 25 Jul 2012 17:44:45 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    NOW it gets dangerous! The RIAA won't rest until they get their royalties :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• chopsen 25 Jul 2012 18:34:44 16,209 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, that is *exactly* what I though when I heard about this yesterday. Those guys are ruthless! In fact I bet you the RIAA created the virus in the first place as a form of entrapment for future legal action.
  • LeoliansBro 30 Jul 2012 12:53:35 44,737 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'Jerusalem, capital city of Israel' is a hopelessly tin-eared start. Plus, if you want a list of 'destabilising countries', let's start with the one with the largest global reach, a recent history of interference and more nuclear warheads than the rest of the world combined.

Romney's done more in the last few days to make me favour Obama's reelection than the entire democratic electoral machine.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• LeoliansBro 30 Jul 2012 16:06:25 44,737 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trump et al were pretty much shut up with their 'Why won't Obama release his long form birth certificate???' idiotic campaign when Obama ... did release his long form birth certificate.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Mola_Ram 30 Jul 2012 16:07:09 7,994 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Obama produced his long-form birth certificate to try and put the issue to rest. That satisfied most people, but there are still a few who say it's a forgery etc.

These days, I reckon most of the people who say that he wasn't born in America are just trying to express a general dislike of the man, rather than any actual belief that he's from Kenya or whatever.
  • Tom_Servo 27 Sep 2012 20:59:03 18,083 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Netanyahu in UN speech about Iran

This is pretty much happening now, isn't it? I keep reading things that make me raise eyebrows about the whole situation, like Netanyahu saying Iran would imminently have a nuclear bomb since 1992. I really don't know what's going on here. Anyone who isn't niteninja willing to give a bit of analysis?

I'm about to read this article, which could help make things a bit clearer.
  • oceanmotion 27 Sep 2012 22:16:03 16,088 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I guess the only worrying thing is Iran using it's possible Nuclear capability to do really bad things without fear of retaliation but like the rest that have them, they just won't go to any extremes, actually might make them more open to the world. They can't all be mental. Iran is one of the more modern middle east places at least.

I just can't imagine the US bombing them and certainly not the butthurt Israel without their big mate US. I say let Israel do what they want without any assistance before or after. Time to let them sink or swim.

Edited by oceanmotion at 22:17:45 27-09-2012
  • Bremenacht 27 Sep 2012 22:29:46 19,371 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Netanyahu in UN speech about Iran

This is pretty much happening now, isn't it? I keep reading things that make me raise eyebrows about the whole situation, like Netanyahu saying Iran would imminently have a nuclear bomb since 1992. I really don't know what's going on here. Anyone who isn't niteninja willing to give a bit of analysis?

I'm about to read this article, which could help make things a bit clearer.
    I'd say option 8, or support the Syrian opposition to victory and hope it re-ignites an Iranian revolution. Option 8 probably won't happen because the Israelis will go for shit or bust before option 8 becomes reality.

I'm quite certain the US won't get dragged into it until a bomb goes off, or unless the Iranians trigger hostilities themselves, probably in the Straits of Hormuz if anywhere.
  • DaM 28 Jan 2013 13:08:47 13,443 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Two interesting stories today.

Iran denies blast at nuclear site. A few days before the Israeli general elections.... Wouldn't be the first time they've taken out somewhere and not told anyone about it. There was a plant in Syria IIRC.

Iran launches monkey into space. So basically they just about have an ICBM system - it doesn't have to be that accurate to hit Israel or anywhere else.
  • Khanivor 29 Jan 2013 03:57:34 41,106 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aye, it does make their protestations of innocence in wanting a nuke when they go and make ICBMs at the same time.

That poor monkey does not look chuffed.
  • Bremenacht 19 Aug 2013 22:42:33 19,371 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago

but my heart's a hostaaaaaaaaaage

.. in IraAAAaaaan.
    /♫
  • Tom_Servo 27 Sep 2013 20:49:30 18,083 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Move the clock back, Obama just confirmed that he spoke with Rouhani on the phone and that he believes they can do a deal on Iran's nuclear program. That's the first time the Iranian and American presidents have spoken since 1979!
  • DaM 27 Sep 2013 22:20:03 13,443 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He's practically Glaswegian, bound to be friendly.

I think Obama must have a foreign policy fairy godmother. From almost war a few weeks ago, Iran and Syria have completely changed direction.

Edited by DaM at 22:22:02 27-09-2013
  • Mola_Ram 28 Oct 2013 05:01:58 7,994 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's a few days old, but in case people haven't seen it... major GOP donor wants to nuke Iran.

But not actually nuke it. Just, you know, a warning nuclear bomb, dropped on some desert somewhere. Obviously nobody would be hurt. It's not like radiation can drift to other places or anything.

Also, I don't know about Iranian scientists, but having the awesome power of a weapon demonstrated to me would probably make me want it more, not less.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 05:21:36 28-10-2013
  • Page

of 22 First / Last