Iran moves the hour hand closer to midnight Page 17

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• oceanmotion 11 Jan 2012 14:28:11 16,079 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think that's easier said than done. You either bend over and take it from the West or find something non nuclear. I don't think anyone makes it easy.
  • Bremenacht 11 Jan 2012 18:33:07 19,238 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    urban wrote:
    Interesting article on the cover war being held in Iran against the Nuclear scientists

Magnetic bombs n stuff!
    One theory not mentioned in that article is that Iran is bumping off people who either aren't fully signed up to Iran's nuclear ambitions, or who have shown some form of dissent. The method of getting rid of them creates a climate of mild fear and increases popular support of the government against the West.

A less likely possibility than the naughty Mossad chaps being behind it all, but it shouldn't be discounted.
  • Red-Moose 11 Jan 2012 18:37:40 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I agree. The odds of Mossad stealing some passports, infiltrating a country's security and executing people is pretty remote.
  • Khanivor 11 Jan 2012 18:44:14 41,065 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wonder if the rescuing of Iranian sailors by the US Navy has been reported in Iran. Some clever moves there; you rescue our sailors from pirates, we sentence one of your citizens to death, you rescue adrift sailors.
  • Bremenacht 11 Jan 2012 22:42:24 19,238 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Red-Moose wrote:
    I agree. The odds of Mossad stealing some passports, infiltrating a country's security and executing people is pretty remote.
    Agree with what? The voices again?
  • Psychotext 11 Jan 2012 23:21:51 54,765 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Israel really do have their own distinct way of dealing with things don't they.
  • Ryze 12 Jan 2012 04:42:05 3,146 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Red-Moose wrote:
    I love this one.

I've had a funny feeling that Obama seemed stressed or depressed recently, as well as around the time that Palestine were trying to gain more favour with the UN.

A few things I've read had mentioned it too... hmmmm...

/speculates

/ponders
  • Tonka 12 Jan 2012 08:00:54 21,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    NUKE EM BACK TO THE STONEHENGE!

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 12 January 2012 15:45:47
    Here's one possible scenario:

What War With Iran Might Look Like

Excerpt:

Shi'ites sympathetic to Iran sabotage Saudi Arabian eastern oil fields. Hundreds of alleged saboteurs are shot dead by Saudi security forces. An oil tanker out of Kuwait is hit by a Silkworm and runs aground to keep from sinking. Another hits a mine. Insurers at Lloyd's of London refuse to cover any tankers transiting the Persian Gulf, claiming that damage incurred during a state of war is not covered by the policies. Oil shipments from the region, one quarter of the world's supply, stop completely, and oil goes up to $300 a barrel. Wall Street suffers its biggest loss in 20 years, with the Dow Jones index plummeting more than 900 points.
  • figgis 12 Jan 2012 15:47:59 7,381 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Luckily spunky the wonder horse flies in to save the day!
  • Deckard1 12 Jan 2012 15:50:37 29,114 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can we please change the fucking title of this to something a little less melodramatic. Something like "ARRGHGHHGHG THE BIBLE WAS RIGHT, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!"

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• disusedgenius 12 Jan 2012 15:52:41 5,513 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's just a reference to that silly death-clock, no?
  • disusedgenius 12 Jan 2012 15:52:47 5,513 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • mal 12 Jan 2012 16:38:00 22,787 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And anyway, shouldn't it be the minute hand? I suppose the hour hand moves too when the minute hand moves on most clocks, but given the clock has never been earlier than 10 minutes to midnight, the hour hand really hasn't ever moved that much.

Edit: Anyway

Edited by mal at 16:38:17 12-01-2012

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• senso-ji 12 Jan 2012 16:54:20 5,999 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EndlessSolitude wrote:
    Here's one possible scenario:

What War With Iran Might Look Like
    That's just a copy and paste of the last Chapter of 'The Clash of Civilizations', except replace 'Iran' with 'China' and 'Pakistan' with 'Japan'.

Poor effort; I imagine the authour was smug with himself after he finished writing that.

Edited by senso-ji at 16:54:36 12-01-2012
  • Khanivor 12 Jan 2012 17:00:39 41,065 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists moves the hand closer to midnight.
  • Red-Moose 12 Jan 2012 21:38:11 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Red-Moose wrote:
    Agree with what? The voices again?
    Well Mossad forged a bunch of Irish passports (among others) and executed Mahmoud al-Mabhouh while he was in Dubai, having entered Dubai using a variety of western passports. Happened in February 2010.

So obviously, the liklihood of similar events such as using US passports to enter Iran and execute key people in it's nuclear is entirely unlikely. It's literally totally different :)
  • jonsaan 12 Jan 2012 21:42:20 25,428 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iranoooo.

FCUTA!

• Bremenacht 12 Jan 2012 23:18:45 19,238 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes yes call Iranoooman

Call him quickly please, I'm suffering some pain.
  • Genji 13 Jan 2012 04:24:14 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Assuming it was Mossad (I do), then one has to wonder just wtf they are thinking. Killing a few scientists is not going to stop Iran from getting the bomb. Once the knowledge is there, you can't take it away. They might be trying to discourage other scientists from working on the program, but I'm sure the Iranian government has ways to force them to.

If anything, attacks like this will make Iran desire the bomb more, to be used as a deterrent against attacks on their soil.

I read another theory that Israel is doing this to provoke military conflict with Iran, and hopefully draw America into the fighting. To me, that answer makes the most sense, but it's a very dangerous game they're playing.
  • whatfruit 13 Jan 2012 10:37:13 1,637 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think that America will be gearing up to go to war with Iran this year. They just have to bring the american people up to speed with the idea. When is the U.S presidential election?

bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

• Deleted user 13 January 2012 10:50:25
    Bloody hope not.
  • Bremenacht 13 Jan 2012 11:57:04 19,238 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Genji wrote:
    I read another theory that Israel is doing this to provoke military conflict with Iran, and hopefully draw America into the fighting. To me, that answer makes the most sense, but it's a very dangerous game they're playing.
    Israel would have too much to lose, and couldn't rely on Syria and Egypt to keep out of it. They couldn't totally rely on the Americans to join in either. They must know this.

Mossad sabotage is the most likely/obvious cause, but as you say, it seems a bit mis-directed or random. The country that seem to want war the most is Iran, and they are building up sufficient cause for a 'retaliatory' by way of this apparent bombing campaign by the Israelis. Who'd ever believe the Israelis if they were to say 'it wasn't us?' or suggested that Iranoooman was behind the attacks?
  • whatfruit 13 Jan 2012 12:48:32 1,637 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well Syria and Eygpyt have their own problems right now with populist uprisings against their respective regimes and will be putting their own houses in order.They will not have the political clout or unity to oppose any ground action against Iran.

The "liberation" of Libiya has secured oil resources which is out of the hornets nest area of the middle east so its the perfect time to do it.

Edited by whatfruit at 12:52:22 13-01-2012

bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

• MetalDog 13 Jan 2012 12:52:00 23,857 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Maybe we should change the thread title to Israel moves the hour hand closer to midnight.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• senso-ji 13 Jan 2012 13:08:24 5,999 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Maybe we should change the thread title to Which Middle Eastern country moves the hour hand closer to midnight first?
  • TechnoHippy 13 Jan 2012 13:13:49 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Israel would have too much to lose, and couldn't rely on Syria and Egypt to keep out of it. They couldn't totally rely on the Americans to join in either. They must know this.
    The last time Syria and Egypt took on Israel didn't end so well for them.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Fab4 13 Jan 2012 13:22:23 6,143 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Genji wrote:

That's probably one of the few things in the region that you could take to the bank. There is no ways on god's (small g) green Earth that the US would sit back and let Israel be attacked.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last