Iran moves the hour hand closer to midnight

• Page

of 22 First / Last

Previous
  • Khanivor 9 Jul 2008 17:25:32 40,405 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is extremely worrying.

I don't think for a minute Iran is going to instantly lob a nuke at Tel Aviv as soon as they finish their weapons program. However, I think the testing and its timing is intended to provoke Israel into a pre-emptive strike. The world will pay a lot more attention to any such attack then they did to the one on Syria's nuclear weapon's facility, which barely got noticed. The price of oil will shoot through the roof and the global economy will stand on a terrifying precipice.

If for some reason Iran is allowed to develop nuclear weapons the world is also kinda fucked. For instance, Iran decides to tax any ship going through the straights of Hormuz at 1000%. Don't like it? Go on, have a go, if you think you are radioactive-proof enough.

Anyone who thinks they are developing them for purely defensive means to counter the aggressive USA is a retard, I'll say just in passing :)
  • Fozzie_bear 9 Jul 2008 17:28:18 15,489 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This is going to make filling my car up even more expensive isn't it? Might have to start forsaking my traditional mars bar and pack of aniseed imperials, ffs.

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Huntcjna 9 Jul 2008 17:28:36 13,871 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I blame religion.
  • megastar 9 Jul 2008 17:29:26 17,144 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    we should get out of iraq and move in on iran and take them out!!!

what???
  • MetalDog 9 Jul 2008 17:30:41 23,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Seems to me that just about everyone involved has been busy antagonising each other beyond any fucking common sense. Blaming it all on Iran is every stitch as retarded as blaming it all on the yanks, or on israel.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• bauhaus 9 Jul 2008 17:31:49 3,511 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I walk to work

bring it on
  • captaineurogamer 9 Jul 2008 17:32:08 4,322 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who else has WMD?
  • captaineurogamer 9 Jul 2008 17:32:21 4,322 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bauhaus wrote:
    I walk to work

bring it on

LOL
  • phAge 9 Jul 2008 17:32:28 24,337 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    If for some reason Iran is allowed to develop nuclear weapons the world is also kinda fucked. For instance, Iran decides to tax any ship going through the straights of Hormuz at 1000%. Don't like it? Go on, have a go, if you think you are radioactive-proof enough.

Anyone who thinks they are developing them for purely defensive means to counter the aggressive USA is a retard, I'll say just in passing :)
    The US and NATO *are* hard enough, though. I'm pretty certain that a dedicated attack on a 1991 Gulf War-scale could well destroy every single Iranian nuclear-capable missile before it got a chance to launch.

Then again, I odn't live within 2000 kms of Iran...
  • Fozzie_bear 9 Jul 2008 17:32:37 15,489 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Seems to me that just about everyone involved has been busy antagonising each other beyond any fucking common sense. Blaming it all on Iran is every stitch as retarded as blaming it all on the yanks, or on israel.

/puts down pitchfork

Ah! You're saying it's the fault of the French!

/picks up pitchfork again

/marches on local 'Le Petit Four'

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• captaineurogamer 9 Jul 2008 17:33:12 4,322 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    MetalDog wrote:

/puts down pitchfork

Ah! You're saying it's the fault of the French!

/picks up pitchfork again

/marches on local 'Le Petit Four'

Another LOL.

You all ze crazy.
  • PES_Fanboy 9 Jul 2008 17:36:08 13,769 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All this diplomacy around the Middle East is a huge waste of resources. Nuking Israel would be much cheaper.
  • Khanivor 9 Jul 2008 17:36:44 40,405 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:

Well Iran is the country who is defying the international community on this one. They are the instigators of the problem. If other countries reactions may be decked out in crazy bunting that doesn't detract from the fact that if Iran would just wise up and shut down their centrifuges there would be no problem.

So I'd say Iran - it's current and past leadership - bears the lion's share of the responsibility for this mess.
  • JediMasterMalik 9 Jul 2008 17:37:01 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    All this diplomacy around the Middle East is a huge waste of resources. Nuking Israel would be much cheaper.

oooh

Controvesial.

MetalDog +1
  • captaineurogamer 9 Jul 2008 17:37:25 4,322 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:

Nuking

In many online video games (especially MMORPGs), the term nuke is generally used to describe a spell or skill which is capable of dealing a great amount of damage to its target. More specifically, the term is applied to a player character's most damaging spell or spell-like ability.

Related to the above meaning, "nuking" is the act of using a nuke on a given target.

Between communities, the term may have slightly different meanings. For example, within some communities, to "nuke" is to deal the most possible damage to the most possible enemies (almost exclusively by means of an area of effect skill), whereas some communities use the term to refer to dealing the highest possible damage to a single target in the shortest amount of time (eg. "Nuke the healer first and ignore all the rest until he's dead!"), also known as a spike.). Alternately, some communities require that the player or players doing the "nuking" must do so by means of ranged combat (that is, out of melee range), whereas some communities make no such specification.

In a real-time or turn-based strategy game, the term "nuke" literally refers to annihilating a large portion of an opponent's forces with a superweapon or equivalent, typically a nuclear missile, as seen in StarCraft and Command & Conquer. Alternatively, in Warcraft III the tactic of attacking one of the enemy's Heroes with your own Heroes' heavy damage spells, in order to kill it or cause it to run away is called nuking. The spells themselves are referred to as nukes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuke_%28gaming%29
  • kalel 9 Jul 2008 17:38:31 86,448 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You have a beautiful mind.
  • Khanivor 9 Jul 2008 17:38:41 40,405 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    WTF?
  • PES_Fanboy 9 Jul 2008 17:38:48 13,769 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually, I've changed my mind. Nuke wherever BengaliBengali is from.
  • Khanivor 9 Jul 2008 17:39:32 40,405 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Or whoever introduced him to Wikipedia a few days ago.
  • Physically_Insane 9 Jul 2008 17:40:38 8,667 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's got to be a sock. Nobody is that weird.
  • Spanky 9 Jul 2008 17:40:54 14,458 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is their no way of discreetly deploying chemical or bio weapons in tehran?

Nuking them will cause too much damage to the surrounding areas?

/evil

Plubs

• Dirtbox 9 Jul 2008 17:42:06 77,481 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How bengali can continue to suprise me is quite astonishing.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Razer 9 Jul 2008 17:47:41 1,029 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HybridR wrote:
    The faster a decent alternative energy source is developed, the better. Then oil won't be so important, and the entire troublesome region can be nuked from orbit \o/

How about bacteria that shits petrol ?

http://www.nextnature.net/?p=2495

• Official-Capcom-Guy 9 Jul 2008 17:49:02 425 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bah, must stop posting unofficial opinions under the OCG moniker
  • MetalDog 9 Jul 2008 17:51:19 23,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Well Iran is the country who is defying the international community on this one. They are the instigators of the problem. If other countries reactions may be decked out in crazy bunting that doesn't detract from the fact that if Iran would just wise up and shut down their centrifuges there would be no problem.

So I'd say Iran - it's current and past leadership - bears the lion's share of the responsibility for this mess.

I'm sorry - so Israel and the USA have never defied the international community in their dealings with the middle east? No threats to invade or bomb or anything like that That's me set straight. Poor innocent lambs, bearing no responsibility for this sword of Damocles at all.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Razer 9 Jul 2008 17:51:26 1,029 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HybridR wrote:
    Razer wrote:
    HybridR wrote:
    The faster a decent alternative energy source is developed, the better. Then oil won't be so important, and the entire troublesome region can be nuked from orbit \o/

If they don't call that OILIX, I'll be indignant with rage.

Lol, Shame the guy's name isn't Dr Marv ;)
  • Knighty 9 Jul 2008 17:52:34 978 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razer wrote:
    HybridR wrote:
    Razer wrote:
    HybridR wrote:

If they don't call that OILIX, I'll be indignant with rage.

Lol, Shame the guy's name isn't Dr Marv ;)

Kojima is quite the visionary isn't he.
  • captaineurogamer 9 Jul 2008 17:52:40 4,322 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    Actually, I've changed my mind. Nuke wherever BengaliBengali is from.

Bangladesh. Dont worry we are to peaceful for that.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last

Previous