What's Bungie doing next? Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Psychotext 4 Jul 2008 10:04:04 55,053 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I'd agree the reviews were overly positive, but I think that about most game reviews these days, GTA 4, bioshock, some of my favourite games, but the uniformity of opinion given the difference of opinion amongst regular gamers was...unusual at best.
    Halo 3 and Bioshock didn't really get anywhere near the backlash that GTA IV did.

Worth noting as well that a lot of the Halo 3 hate came from people that owned neither the game or the console. Not that I'm saying it's flawless, because it clearly wasn't. It's just games like that tend to be targets for system wars.
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 10:04:25 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah Halo 3 is one of my favourite games of all time. I've put more hours into that than any game in the last 5 years or so.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2008 10:04:49
    I'd like to see bungie bring a leftfield idea, similar to what Rockstar did with tabletennis, and execute it really well.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2008 10:07:20
    Psychotext wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I'd agree the reviews were overly positive, but I think that about most game reviews these days, GTA 4, bioshock, some of my favourite games, but the uniformity of opinion given the difference of opinion amongst regular gamers was...unusual at best.
    Halo 3 and Bioshock didn't really get anywhere near the backlash that GTA IV did.
    I'd disagree with that - it all seems pretty even amongst the three.
  • seasidebaz 4 Jul 2008 10:11:24 6,181 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Having played all 3, I can say that they were all overhyped and a bit average....
  • HardToast 4 Jul 2008 10:12:27 383 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    HardToast wrote:
    Why does everyone seem so defensive about Bungie only working on the 360?

I mean, they have said that at the moment they are concentrating on the 360 but never ruled out any other formats and why should they?

The more consoles their games go on the better surely?

Why are you so keen to see Bungie go multiplatform? What's wrong with the 360?

Nothings wrong with the 360 but surely with us all being lovers of gamers, we all want as many people as poss. to enjoy the great games?

And saying that, multi format is the way to go?
  • Psychotext 4 Jul 2008 10:14:17 55,053 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    There was barely any backlash for Bioshock, some more for Halo 3 and a shitload for GTA IV (still going on now).
  • HardToast 4 Jul 2008 10:15:03 383 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FluffyTucker wrote:
    Mutli format sucks donkey arse, rather they put more effort into making one version better

Like GTA4?

/confused
  • Arcadiian 4 Jul 2008 10:16:10 830 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Doubt halo 4 will be called halo 4 either, probably 'Master Chief episode 1' or something :p

Wasn't Halo a trilogy? It would make no sense to call it Halo anymore. As you say it'll probably just be "Master Chief" or something. That could work. A bit like "Rocky Balboa".

The story arc in 1, 2 and 3 was a trilogy, not the whole Halo concept. I don't think the next game would be 'Halo 4', but it'll probably be called Halo something. It's too big of a brand to not call it that.
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 10:18:17 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arcadiian wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Doubt halo 4 will be called halo 4 either, probably 'Master Chief episode 1' or something :p

Wasn't Halo a trilogy? It would make no sense to call it Halo anymore. As you say it'll probably just be "Master Chief" or something. That could work. A bit like "Rocky Balboa".

The story arc in 1, 2 and 3 was a trilogy, not the whole Halo concept. I don't think the next game would be 'Halo 4', but it'll probably be called Halo something. It's too big of a brand to not call it that.

But it makes no sense plot-wise, does it? The Halo rings wouldn't be involved.

I'm sure people would get the gist with 'Master Chief' as the name and the right picture on the box.
  • Psychotext 4 Jul 2008 10:20:12 55,053 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

I'm sure people would get the gist with 'Master Chief' as the name and the right picture on the box.
    Forerunners...
  • Deleted user 4 July 2008 10:20:48
    Psychotext wrote:
    disussedgenius wrote:
    There was barely any backlash for Bioshock, some more for Halo 3 and a shitload for GTA IV (still going on now).
    There's tonnes of backlash for Bioshock every time it gets brought up. True you could maybe say that it's more criticism than a backlash, but it's still there - so much so that KG even had to write an entire essay on the bloody subject!

Though, to be fair, the lack of a backlash about Halo 3 is more to do with the fact that everyone of true intelligence already knows that Halo is shit.
  • Arcadiian 4 Jul 2008 10:22:02 830 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Arcadiian wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Well, maybe. But it'd still be the Halo universe, wouldn't it? I'm not sure not having an actual Halo ring involved would matter that much.

Personally though, what I'd like to see from the next game is something completely different. Now that Master Chief and Cortana are off floating through space, I think it'd be great to have them land on a new world. Having to make use of new weapons and to fight brand new enemies that have nothing to do with the original games. They could be released as episodes on Xbox Live or something, it'd be great.
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 10:22:48 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:

Forerunners...

What about the Forerunners?

Are you suggesting the Halo rings will be involved? God I hope not. As much as I love the plot, I'd like something new, not just new characters.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2008 10:23:02
    Once a brand is established it can go wherever it likes and keep the name. When was the last time you saw a carphone in Carphone Warehouse?

I'm certain any future Halo related titles will have Halo in the title.
  • Psychotext 4 Jul 2008 10:23:12 55,053 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    There's tonnes of backlash for Bioshock every time it gets brought up. True you could maybe say that it's more criticism than a backlash, but it's still there - so much so that KG even had to write an entire essay on the bloody subject!
    Where's the essay?
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 10:23:48 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arcadiian wrote:
    , what I'd like to see from the next game is something completely different. Now that Master Chief and Cortana are off floating through space, I think it'd be great to have them land on a new world. Having to make use of new weapons and to fight brand new enemies that have nothing to do with the original games. They could be released as episodes on Xbox Live or something, it'd be great.

My thoughts exactly.
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 10:26:26 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Once a brand is established it can go wherever it likes and keep the name. When was the last time you saw a carphone in Carphone Warehouse?

I'm certain any future Halo related titles will have Halo in the title.

I see your point, but I just think it'd be like making a Ghostbusters film with no ghosts, or something like that.
  • Deleted user 4 July 2008 10:29:40
    Psychotext wrote:
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Where's the essay?
    Here.
  • NOSAVIOUR 4 Jul 2008 10:56:40 2,810 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    According to cvg..

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=192240
  • Psychotext 4 Jul 2008 10:56:52 55,053 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Here.
    Ta
  • Xerx3s 4 Jul 2008 11:57:21 23,944 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    HardToast wrote:
    Why does everyone seem so defensive about Bungie only working on the 360?
    Not defensive about it... it's just we saw those stupid comments when they split with MS. It's no more likely now than it was then.

Is there anyone out there that actually thinks that ms wouldn't put some kind of construct in place that ensures that doesn't run off to the competition without ms's consent before they sold off the shares?

Yes, ms was born yesterday....
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 12:02:00 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    According to cvg..

No Chief? What the hell!?!?
  • Thunderhead 4 Jul 2008 12:02:32 558 posts
    Registered 7 years ago
    Too many chiefs spoil the broth.
  • NOSAVIOUR 4 Jul 2008 12:05:13 2,810 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Frank O'Connor has close ties with people at Future so im guessing he is their contact. Halo with out Master Chief is like tuna with no sweetcorn.

?continues to eat his tuna and sweetcorn baguette
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 12:05:43 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thunderhead wrote:
    Too many chiefs spoil the broth.

:D
  • Onny 4 Jul 2008 12:07:46 5,697 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    According to cvg..

No Chief? What the hell!?!?
    What a load of bollocks. So CVG read a rumour from an unknown source on "sarcastic gamer" about the next halo game and decide to make up a news story about it.
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 12:10:52 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What would be the point in Halo with no Master Chief anyway? Who would you be, some stupid grunt?
  • LetsGo 4 Jul 2008 12:14:26 5,453 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Itís obviously going to be an off-shoot of the 'Halo universe'. Itís called milking a successful franchise and everyone does it!
  • MrSensible 4 Jul 2008 12:15:01 25,390 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Super Master Chief Kart will blow us all away.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last