Police to drop Madeleine McCann investigation Page 17

  • Page

    of 19 First / Last

  • Ged42 3 Aug 2011 19:54:21 7,701 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apart from the one friend he has around the corner, my stepson hardly ever does.

    I keep saying why doesn't he invite some of the friends over or meet up somewhere and they don't want to. They'd rather stay home sending comedy youtube links to each other with the occasional rickrolling.
  • Ka-blamo 21 Apr 2012 22:37:04 7,291 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lookalike seen in Malaga
  • Deleted user 21 April 2012 22:38:39
    Blonde white girl seen.

    IT'S HER.
  • Deleted user 21 April 2012 22:40:11
    Surely the only way they would have really seen her is if someone had been out digging.
  • Psychotext 21 Apr 2012 22:54:26 53,839 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh, they're still using that photoshop with the fucked up eye / magnifying glass.
  • urban 6 Jul 2012 13:08:37 10,923 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    god damn it thread! work!

    I was going to post something about the new grave theory but the forking server isn't playing nice.

    Edited by urban at 13:09:35 06-07-2012
  • nickthegun 6 Jul 2012 13:14:03 58,787 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Urban is an arguido.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • urban 6 Jul 2012 13:20:04 10,923 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    British detectives are examining an extraordinary claim that Madeleine McCann's body is buried near the holiday apartment from where she vanished.

    A self-styled investigator has sent police ground radar scans he claims show a burial site.

    Stephen Birch says he took the scans last week in Praia da Luz, the Portuguese holiday resort where Madeleine disappeared five years ago.

    He passed them to Scotland Yard detectives who are carrying out an investigative review of the case.

    They have asked him for more information to help them interpret the scan results and the "raw data" the machine collected.

    He has also sent the material to Portuguese police who abandoned their search for Madeleine 15 months after she disappeared.

    Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann believe she is still alive
    Mr Birch, a commercial property developer in South Africa, admits he is "obsessed" with the Madeleine mystery.

    He claims to have spent 40,000 on buying the ground-penetrating scanner and being trained in its use.

    He said: "All I want to do is solve the mystery and bring closure to Madeleine's family. I am convinced she lies where I have scanned.

    "I've had the scans analysed and they show digging, a void and what could be human bones."

    Scotland Yard said it would always consider any new potential evidence and pass it on to the Portuguese authorities.

    Earlier this year the detective in charge of the review said he believed there was a chance Madeleine was still alive.

    She was nearly four when she disappeared without trace from the apartment in May 2007.

    Despite dozens of potential sightings around the world no credible evidence has emerged to indicate whether she is alive or dead.

    Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann believe she is still alive and would not comment on Mr Birch's claims.
    Source: Sky news

    Are they scared?

    Seems I'm unable to post any hyper links in this thread?

    Edited by urban at 13:20:57 06-07-2012

    Edited by urban at 13:21:30 06-07-2012
  • urban 14 Oct 2013 08:49:19 10,923 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I guess I'm the only one that gets annoyed every time they hit the news stands?
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Oct 2013 09:01:39 14,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    urban wrote:
    I guess I'm the only one that gets annoyed every time they hit the news stands?
    I get upset/angry. I still think she died in some accident in the room. I have 2 children I would NEVER leave them, so I can't stand it when people say they have done it or that it is no big deal. The most precious things in your life, what if they fall ? or need you or there is a fire...

    "Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 14 Oct 2013 09:04:20 37,357 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I see Maddie's face everyday - not because I have her locked in a cupboard somewhere. Around here there's posters of her everywhere "Don't forget Maddie" "The search must go on" and the like.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Deckard1 14 Oct 2013 09:08:01 27,182 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The whole thing is weird. Kids go missing all the time, I don't know why we have to keep hearing about this particular case years later.
  • Zizoo 14 Oct 2013 09:09:14 8,113 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    The whole thing is weird. Kids go missing all the time, I don't know why we have to keep hearing about this particular case years later.
    White & Blond
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Oct 2013 09:10:40 14,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Zizoo wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    The whole thing is weird. Kids go missing all the time, I don't know why we have to keep hearing about this particular case years later.
    White & Blond
    and parents "respectable*" and middle class

    *cunts in any other language.

    "Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Dougs 14 Oct 2013 09:13:02 66,687 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't know what happened, it's a hell of a lie to keep up if they did have something to do with it. But like Duffman I can't get past the fact that they left them alone. With no listening service or monitors etc. They're the ones who live with that every day though.
  • nickthegun 14 Oct 2013 09:14:23 58,787 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its newsworthy because, basically, everyone suspects the parents.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Chopsen 14 Oct 2013 09:19:44 15,723 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Occam's razor and all that, but the likeliest explanation *has* to be that she died somewhere in or around her room due to accident. If she had wondered off and died, someone would have found her or her body would have eventually turned up. So it MUST be something that happened in her room.

    It is one hell of a lie to maintain, but then the stakes are really high. They would get absolutely destroyed by the press and there'd be so much public anger they'd be at risk of being lynched.
  • Deckard1 14 Oct 2013 09:23:52 27,182 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've always thought they did it to be honest. Either that or a paedo threw her in the sea. The whole "we think she may still be alive" is just weird.
  • sport 14 Oct 2013 09:25:27 12,551 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After seeing the right pic in the e-fit:



    I think I've found the suspect:

  • Megapocalypse 14 Oct 2013 09:35:56 5,318 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    urban wrote:
    I guess I'm the only one that gets annoyed every time they hit the news stands?
    I imagine FluffyTucker does too. Just when he thinks the heat has died down and he's safe...
  • M83J01P97 14 Oct 2013 09:44:44 6,548 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I see the money from last years book has allowed them to pull a few strings and get the case back in the limelight again...

    What makes me so annoyed about this case if their privileged life and connections has allowed them to keep bleating on about this and making us all ( only The Sun/Mirror readers actually) feel sympathy for them when they were at least partially responsible for their child's disappearance. Yet over the years there have been countless missing child cases, both at home and abroad which don't get more than a brief mention in the news and then get forgotten about, and in some of those cases the poor parents are completely blameless.
  • King_Edward 14 Oct 2013 09:49:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I see Maddie's face everyday - not because I have her locked in a cupboard somewhere. Around here there's posters of her everywhere "Don't forget Maddie" "The search must go on" and the like.
    Plus all 4 year kids all kinda look the same.
  • Youthist 14 Oct 2013 09:49:26 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Occam's razor and all that, but the likeliest explanation *has* to be that she died somewhere in or around her room due to accident. If she had wondered off and died, someone would have found her or her body would have eventually turned up. So it MUST be something that happened in her room.

    It is one hell of a lie to maintain, but then the stakes are really high. They would get absolutely destroyed by the press and there'd be so much public anger they'd be at risk of being lynched.
    It is simply inconceivable that "they did it". For one there is zero evidence of this - not a single piece of evidence. Portugese police enjoyed spreading that rumour around as they had nothing, botched the case, it was going nowhere, and they needed something to deflect attention away.

    She got snatched by a paedo - that is the "MUST" here if we are going with probabilities. Probably been killed within a day or two and buried in Portugal, but probably nowhere near the site of the kidnapping, else would have been found by now.

    I am not sure about this "there are kids going missing ALL THE TIME how come I never hear about them rah rah white middle class" etc.

    When 4 year old kids go missing, it is basically everywhere in the media and a massive amount of publicity ensues - both during the search, and subsequent trials when child-snatchers are caught and brought to justice. To suggest they do not get huge attention is wrong.

    Edited by Youthist at 09:52:20 14-10-2013

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • Chopsen 14 Oct 2013 09:52:47 15,723 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There isn't a single piece of evidence that she was snatched by a paedo either, if you're going by that logic.

    Oh, and if you want to use probabilities, a child is *far* more likely to be harmed/killed/abused by someone they know (in fact, someone in their family) than by some stranger.


    On the other point, there was actually another child then went missing the same week as MM, but hardly got a footnote on the news. She was black, iirc.

    Edited by Chopsen at 09:56:23 14-10-2013
  • nickthegun 14 Oct 2013 09:55:09 58,787 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The 'snatched by a pedo' thing assumes that out of all the rooms in the hotel, theirs was chosen by a sex ring after the sex cases stalked it long enough to realise that everyone was out and the kids were in there, sleeping alone.

    Its an absolutely incredible set of circumstances and probabilities compared to 'the parents did it'.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • kalel 14 Oct 2013 09:55:36 86,369 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    140,000 children go missing in the UK every year.

    Admittedly it's hard to find the stat about how many of those remain missing, but I think it's reasonable to assume that even if it's just 1%, the McCann case is still pretty exceptional.

    That said, I have no issue with this being as big a deal as it is. If there's the slightest chance she might still be found (stranger things have happened and we know from other cases that children get locked in basements for years and years) then there's value in the media staying focused on it.

    The disgrace is that other cases don't get the attention, not that this one does.

    Edited by kalel at 09:56:09 14-10-2013
  • Youthist 14 Oct 2013 09:57:48 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Black you say?

    RACIST BRITAIN

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • tincanrocket 14 Oct 2013 09:57:59 2,905 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Youthist Is that you, Gerry?

    Have these two ever actually been prosecuted for leaving their children alone whilst they went boozing? The fact that they seem to have made themselves quite a lot of money over the years from this, and that they both look shifty as hell. Well.... it makes you think something's not kosher

    Edited by tincanrocket at 09:59:15 14-10-2013
  • Deckard1 14 Oct 2013 09:58:20 27,182 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its been a long time, but hopefully the photofits can maybe move it forward a bit. Somebody must know who this guy is

  • Youthist 14 Oct 2013 09:58:59 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well how many of the 140,000 are 4 years old or younger? ie clearly not a runaway. Child Abduction by a disturbed lunatic?

    A tiny amount.

    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

  • Page

    of 19 First / Last

Log in or register to reply