**Offical** Burger appreciation thread Page 17

• Page

of 39 First / Last

• wobbly_Bob 4 Jul 2013 19:45:57 1,627 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I blagged a shake shack burger! Was making my way home through Covent Garden, after dinner at Byron Burger, and heard music. It turned out that Shake Shack was throwing a free concert! Spent a very enjoyable time for over an hour listening to the band ( the crookes ) who were fucking rocking. Inside a fenced off area people were enjoying burgers and fries and so on. One guy handed my gf a burger lol so we got to try it early!

The shake shack burger was amazing. 5 guys was very nice but nothing special but the shake shack burger was awesome and I would definitely put it up there with other premium offerings like Byron, Patty & the Bun, and so on.

The bun was a super soft and rich brioche, nestling inside was a very tasty beef patty, special sauce, cheese, tomato and lettuce. The special sauce and cheese mingled perfectly complimenting the beef flavours of the patty. The whole thing was awesome!... I'm chuffed I got an early preview but still probably going back tomorrow to try the rest of the offerings! :D

The Byron monthly special was the Big B: two 30oz beef patties in a soft potato roll with two slices of red lester cheese, lettuce, pickles, onion and burger sauce. The burger tasted extra rich with all that cheese and with the double patty was a nice meaty wallop! I felt it could have had more lettuce to counter the richness but other tan that it was damp tasty!

Photos to come later when I'm home!
  • monkehhh 4 Jul 2013 20:25:04 3,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob 60oz of beef!? :)
  • thelzdking 4 Jul 2013 20:30:24 4,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You are a burger VIP.
  • wobbly_Bob 4 Jul 2013 22:44:29 1,627 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have loads of pics but having technical difficulties, bloody technology! So just uploading three for now :-)

Early sneaky blagged pre-opening shack burger :-D God it was fucking good.

The band we saw that the Shack had playing. Now this is how you launch a burger joint! These guys f-ing rocked. I'll try and upload a vid if I can sort out my technical difficulties.

5 guys burger - all the way :-D

The Byron Big B burger. Oh yes.

monkehhh wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob 60oz of beef!? :)
    @Monkehhh - Hell Yeah :-D

Tomorrow the full shack experience!
  • wobbly_Bob 5 Jul 2013 11:32:05 1,627 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well after having been a bit disappointed with yesterday's five guys... On to shake shack.

Fucking amazing. Really. If you like burgers, then go!

Ordered a double smoke stack: 2 beef patties, crispy bacon, cheese, peppers, and sauce. The beef patties were juices and flavorful! The bacon crispy and full of salty porky goodness. The cheese and sauce mingling to make an amazing burger - all in a soft rich brioche bun. Definitely one of my fave burger experiences.

Cheese fries: the fries come crinkle cut and we'll salted and have a wonderful crisp crunch to them. The cheese sauce is a lovely cheese goo.

I had a peanut shake. Oh my Fucking god. The best milkshake I have ever had. Ever.

Just about to go get a concrete!

All in all shake shack is amazing and I recommend you go! Like the terminator I will certainly be back.
  • one-eye 5 Jul 2013 21:27:38 1,220 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers for that wobbly_Bob ! I've been scouring the net for thoughts, but yours are the first I've come across :)

Shake Shack tomorrow it is then !!
  • Razz 5 Jul 2013 22:27:09 60,771 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A new challenger appears! Boom Burger: http://www.boomburger.co.uk/

One of the best burgers I've had in London, seriously, this place has shot up to my number 1 spot.

This is the Boom Burger:

Very tasty, amazing steak meat covered in bacon jam and a bit of cheese. Very juicy burger indeed and bursting with flavor.

This is the Boom Jerk Chicken Burger:

This missus had it, she wouldn't let me taste it! Said it was the best chicken burger she'd ever had. It's got fried plantain and mango and paw paw sauce.

And the Boom Wings:

Very crunchy, juicy how wings with a wicked home made spicy mayonnaise.

Definitely going back!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• monkehhh 5 Jul 2013 22:37:51 3,269 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:bacon jam
    SOLD!
  • wobbly_Bob 5 Jul 2013 23:01:33 1,627 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    one-eye wrote:
    Cheers for that wobbly_Bob ! I've been scouring the net for thoughts, but yours are the first I've come across :)

Shake Shack tomorrow it is then !!
    No problem! Enjoy :) just on my way home from second shake shack meal today :D
  • wobbly_Bob 5 Jul 2013 23:02:27 1,627 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Razz - you had me at bacon jam!
  • ecureuil 5 Jul 2013 23:07:13 76,525 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Five Guys is open in London now. I've had it in the States and it's bloody fantastic. Basically like Subway but for burgers, and miles better.
  • Syrette 5 Jul 2013 23:08:57 43,105 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bacon jam?

:eek:

• Razz 6 Jul 2013 00:03:23 60,771 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ZizouFC

The South Africa chain Steers are opening up a London Branch in Clapham Junction on Sunday, here's the Menu. http://www.steers.uk.com/pdf/take_away_menu.pdf

1000 free burgers at launch:
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesouthafrican.com%2Fnews%2Fofficial-opening-of-steers-on-saturday-1000-free-burgers-up-for-grabs.htm&h=7AQG1XZW9

Edited by Razz at 00:04:05 06-07-2013

• Vortex808 6 Jul 2013 09:29:33 6,971 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Razz wrote:bacon jam
    SOLD!
    WTF is bacon jam, and more importantly, where can I get some?
  • Jono62 6 Jul 2013 09:42:39 13,961 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.bacon-jam.co.uk/

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2009/10/08/bacon-jam-your-wildest-dreams-come-true/

Edited by Jono62 at 09:43:37 06-07-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Jul 2013 09:58:27 10,292 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    A new challenger appears! Boom Burger: http://www.boomburger.co.uk/

One of the best burgers I've had in London, seriously, this place has shot up to my number 1 spot.

This is the Boom Burger:

Very tasty, amazing steak meat covered in bacon jam and a bit of cheese. Very juicy burger indeed and bursting with flavor.

This is the Boom Jerk Chicken Burger:

This missus had it, she wouldn't let me taste it! Said it was the best chicken burger she'd ever had. It's got fried plantain and mango and paw paw sauce.

And the Boom Wings:

Very crunchy, juicy how wings with a wicked home made spicy mayonnaise.

Definitely going back!!
    That Chicken burger looks immense!

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• BillMurray 6 Jul 2013 10:20:16 7,622 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't handle this thread when I'm hungover. Its too much.
  • Razz 10 Jul 2013 10:56:00 60,771 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

• smoothpete 10 Jul 2013 11:09:55 31,347 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Oh fuck, is that two cheese toasties with a burger in the middle? Oh my life I am going to try that.
  • Petulant_Radish 10 Jul 2013 11:28:35 597 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My friend made one of those, he said it was immense. You'll probably die if you eat more than one, but at least you'll die fat and happy. Tried going to Five Guys and Shake Shack a couple of times now, but can't be bothered with the lunch queues so will attend at an off peak time. Going Patty & Bun for lunch today though.

@Razz that looks pretty decent, one for the list!
  • Razz 10 Jul 2013 12:03:11 60,771 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @smoothpete Use a brioche loaf though, your typical supermarket white bread is a little too doughy for this beast. Potato bread also works.

Edited by Razz at 12:03:36 10-07-2013

• smoothpete 10 Jul 2013 12:04:05 31,347 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah was already tending towards brioche. Ham in the sarnies too.
  • nickthegun 10 Jul 2013 12:09:29 58,851 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Every time I go in this thread it makes me cook a burger. The only downside is its impossible to get brioche as anything other than those crappy little breakfast buns 'round our way.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Blakester 10 Jul 2013 13:26:04 3,578 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Burger shoot-out in the Guardian today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jul/09/perfect-burger-review-nationwide

The new boys from the US don't do so well, destroyed by the might of Patty & Bun.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• wobbly_Bob 10 Jul 2013 13:38:11 1,627 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Blakester - the I really disagreed with do much in that article. It's utter nonsense. Shake shake is all kinds of awesome. And why review Byron veg burger when it's clearly not what they are about? It contends making your own is difficult and the results are not great - thats nonsense. Also says people are all starry eyed coz shack and 5 guys are American, yet shake shack and 5 guys have mental queues and and crazy passionate fans there so it's a stupid argument.
  • ronuds 10 Jul 2013 13:41:01 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Five Guys is spreading like wildfire. I like 'em, but there are definitely better burgers out there.

The best you'll find won't come from a fast-food place.
  • Blakester 10 Jul 2013 14:18:11 3,578 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    @Blakester - the I really disagreed with do much in that article. It's utter nonsense. Shake shake is all kinds of awesome. And why review Byron veg burger when it's clearly not what they are about? It contends making your own is difficult and the results are not great - thats nonsense. Also says people are all starry eyed coz shack and 5 guys are American, yet shake shack and 5 guys have mental queues and and crazy passionate fans there so it's a stupid argument.
    Don't shoot the messenger Bob :)

I've yet to try Shake Shack or 5 Guys, so not really in the best position to comment. The description of P&B was spot-on though!

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• IMO 10 Jul 2013 15:01:45 5,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never really cared about not living in London til I discovered this thread. I hate you all.
  • Razz 10 Jul 2013 15:11:08 60,771 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really have to go back to patty and bun and give them a second chance. I hated the burgers, they were thoroughly disgusting.

• Page

of 39 First / Last