**Offical** Burger appreciation thread Page 15

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• Salaman 21 May 2013 16:30:39 19,238 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Can some fat mod add that missing "i" in the thread title.

Ta.
    I never even noticed that.
  • wobbly_Bob 21 May 2013 16:35:03 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob yeah, burger, fries and white russian shake. Tasty :)
    They do you white Russian shakes!???! "cries a bit* good excuse to head back there. I might try the cheese steak next time.
  • wobbly_Bob 21 May 2013 16:37:44 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Petulant_Radish wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob @monkehhh the Black Palace is awesome but retains so much heat from the onions it cooks the meat more toward medium by the time you've unwrapped it, still very tasty mind. The poppaz in there are freaking wonderful too!

Pretty soon NYC's Shake Shack is opening in the Piazza just over from MEATmarket, where Union Jacks used to be. It suffices to say I'm rather excited about that one...
    Looking forward to shake shack but I'm trying not to get to excited in case it's a let down. 5 guys coming soon too! Good times for burger fans!

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 16:47:28 21-05-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 21 May 2013 16:41:27 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Petulant_Radish wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    The two burgers posted on this page look horrible.
    If you like your burgers looking neat and pretty, then perhaps. If you like them looking like dirty sluts what want to fuck your arteries while tromboning your taste buds, then no, not in the slightest.
    Lol fantastic! Post if the day:) maybe you should contact them and get them to buy your words for promotional material.
  • wobbly_Bob 21 May 2013 16:45:50 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Might be able to do Patty and Bun later, maybe skip out of this work conference early before my train back oop north :)
    [u]DO IT!!!!!!![/u] :) If you make it then I recommend you get the side of the chicken wings too.

To much burger talk today. I want to burger.
  • monkehhh 21 May 2013 17:35:01 3,422 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well I skipped the end of conference drinks to have a quiet pint in a Hammersmith boozer, gonna consult a tube map.. it's in the general direction of King's Cross :)
  • Petulant_Radish 21 May 2013 17:43:13 626 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Get to the Central line, disembark at Bond Street, come out of the main entrance, turn left up Oxford Street and then take your second left up the first proper road called James Street. Keep walking until you either see a queue and join it, or thank the high heavens there isn;t one and walk straight in and sit down. Both options followed by burger heaven, I agree with Wobbly Bob, get the winger winger chicken dinner too!
  • Petulant_Radish 21 May 2013 17:44:15 626 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob haha, if they give me a free burger or two I'll whore myself out as well!
  • monkehhh 21 May 2013 18:39:09 3,422 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Totally went to the wrong place over the road, but the P+B queue is long :)
  • SirDespard 21 May 2013 18:57:17 128 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In London, Friday thru Monday and this is so on the list of where we want to go. Hope the queues aren't too bad...
  • monkehhh 21 May 2013 20:03:39 3,422 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Place over the road was alright, a solid bacon cheeseburger and white Russian shake (my new favourite meal). The Meatmarket burger was something special and disgusting and different, this was a straight-down-the-middle burger. Think it was called Guerilla Burgers (but not on the sign).
  • Salaman 21 May 2013 20:12:50 19,238 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Petulant_Radish wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    The two burgers posted on this page look horrible.
    If you like your burgers looking neat and pretty, then perhaps. If you like them looking like dirty sluts what want to fuck your arteries while tromboning your taste buds, then no, not in the slightest.
    No, I just want them to look tasty. Those look like something you'd find in some American diner on the wrong side of the tracks that'll give you the shits.

Although I'm happy to believe that the pictures don't to them justice and they taste lovely.
  • wobbly_Bob 21 May 2013 21:06:24 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    Totally went to the wrong place over the road, but the P+B queue is long :)
    Awww no P&B action? You gotta try it! Good excuse to go for another burger ;)
  • Deleted user 21 May 2013 21:08:19
    When's the next Cheese and Burger Society burger happening, bob?
  • monkehhh 21 May 2013 21:41:33 3,422 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob yep, and a 2.5 hour train ride.. need more excuses to get to London! And more boozy shakes.
  • wobbly_Bob 22 May 2013 10:26:11 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @meme - Wed I dud one Sunday but haven't got around to posting it up. I'll try and post it up tonight and then next on up on the weekend :)
  • SirDespard 25 May 2013 18:38:44 128 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Patty and Bun for lunch, got lucky straight in. Smokey Robinson for me, lamb burger for the missus. Wings and chips. Had high expectations and it met them, best burger I've had in the UK. Thanks all for the recommendations.
  • Razz 28 May 2013 13:17:00 61,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What? We were at Patty and Bun on the Sunday, hated it.

We ordered the smokey Robinson, Jose Jose chilli, 2Pac, wings and chips.

All of us found our burgers over spiced and salty and the buns were tough and stale. We sent the 2Pac back as it was the worst, it took them 20 minutes and the burger was exactly the same, sent it back for good after that and my mate just ate the wings.

The fries were ok but nothing special. I'd love to say something about the quality of the meat but whomever was cooking that day went a bit wild with the spices and not much of the burgers were eaten. My Jose Jose Chilli wasn't chilli at all, tasted salty and horrible with a crappy bun, I ate less than half of it. The missus only had a couple of bites of her Smokey Robinson, I had one too. Absolutely disgusting, way too salty and sloppy with a hard stale bun.

Hache is still my favorite burger place, followed by Cheeky Burger, Meat Liquor, and GBK. Patty and Bun can share burger hell with boring Byron.

Edited by Razz at 13:18:03 28-05-2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Lexx87 28 May 2013 13:21:22 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hache are amazing.

Had one with peanut butter the other day, which was surprisingly delightful.

Edited by Lexx87 at 13:21:46 28-05-2013

Speak the truth hussy!

• Razz 28 May 2013 13:26:08 61,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hache make the best burgers I've ever tasted man, the Reblochan is my fav.

I still want to try a few new places, Honest Burgers is next on the list

http://www.honestburgers.co.uk/

• wobbly_Bob 28 May 2013 14:25:35 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Razz

I would give P&B another try. It could be you were unlucky.

I haven't tried Haché yet as it's a bit out of my way but I definitely will try it at some point!

Edited for reading comprehension lol

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 14:28:23 28-05-2013
  • BillMurray 28 May 2013 14:31:08 7,787 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wish most of the burger places mentioned in this thread weren't a 4hr train journey away.
  • Razz 28 May 2013 14:33:43 61,387 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob Yeah I get a lot of flak for GBK! But in my defense their quality varies wildly depending on which one you go to. My current fav is the London Portobello Road branch. I've been to the London Bridge, Queensway, Clapham, Soho branches all in the past year and wouldn't recommend them to anyone living or dead.

• wobbly_Bob 28 May 2013 14:39:51 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Razz I only tried em once so should probably give em another try but there are so many great places to do first it might be awhile :)
  • wobbly_Bob 28 May 2013 14:41:06 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BillMurray

It's worth the trip :D

Go early and eat burger for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and the on for th road!
  • kingnothing12 28 May 2013 14:46:48 571 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had my first experience with the handmade burger Co in Birmingham near the bull ring not too long ago and that was indeed one of the best burgers i've ever had. All 6 of us firmly agreed. Fresh chips to! I had the chili cheese stuffed burger, I wish I'd of gotten two.
  • monkehhh 29 May 2013 21:48:11 3,422 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tonight's burger was (from the bottom) mustard, onion, red cabbage, cheese, burger, cheese, red cabbage, garlic mayo. Slowly using all my leftovers via the medium of burger.
  • Petulant_Radish 30 May 2013 11:38:23 626 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Razz Wow, that did sounds bad for P&B...I've been quite a few times and it's been brilliant each time, going again for lunch today so I'll report back shortly, hopefully it was just a very bad day for them (and sadly for you) on your trip! Do Hache still serve their burgers in ciabatta buns? Great burgers but I always found the bread overpowers the flavour.

Honest Burgers are excellent, a little on the small side but you get chips included in the price. The classic American cheeseburger special they did there a while ago was absolutely sublime.

I tried Bleecker Burger the other week, they were excellent as well though could well be on the soverly salty side, angry fries were lovely mind...
  • Blakester 31 May 2013 16:08:28 3,635 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If there's a better burger joint than P&B in London, I'd love to hear it.

I was in Hawskmoor yesterday and severely tempted to try theirs, but when the company is paying for your lunch, you might as well order a steak that's bigger than your own head. :-)

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• wobbly_Bob 31 May 2013 20:48:52 1,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Blakester

- although I fucking love burgers I think you made the right choice! And wow your company buys you Hawksmoor steak? My job sometimes treats us to McDonalds... Can I come work for you? lol
  • Page

of 48 First / Last