**Offical** Burger appreciation thread Page 2

• Page

of 39 First / Last

• PatrickEwing 30 Jun 2008 21:03:06 2,126 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Right I'm popping out to In-n-Out burger for a $2.85 double double, I wish!! Who's up for bringing the franchise over here?
  • Deleted user 30 June 2008 21:06:16
    Razz wrote:
    Just got back from a Deli that made me possibly the best chorizo meat burger I've ever had.

I LOVE BURGERS

Please share experinces, places to dine, and recipes.

/eats burger
    You had a burger made of chorizo?

I beg to differ. Surely it had bits of chorizo IN it, but made totally of minced chorizo? o_O
  • PinkSpider 30 Jun 2008 21:13:13 3,346 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    I made my own soya bean burgers (dont hurt me) a few months back... they were quite fun to make and were veeery nice :D
    (also quite healthy for you there the dieter)
    They do the best veggie burgers ever near me. I dont know how they do them or what burger mix they get by they are aces. Expensive though.

Also; why are veggie necessarily weak? Soya is high in protein and that. And also pretty sure there is quite a few stuff which contains all the amino acids and that.
  • bigshot316 30 Jun 2008 21:15:24 23,425 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Super Mega Fuck Burger: Toasted bap, 2 1/4 lb burgers, mozzzerella and american cheese, onion rings, a potatoe waffle, mayo, ketchup, mustard and lettuce.

It is OH SO DIRTY.
  • megastar 30 Jun 2008 21:19:51 17,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    whoa i had no idea there was a burger appreciation thread - this happens to be my speciality

I one made the perfect burger - it was too big to actually fit in your mouth and required knife and fork eatage. It entailed the following:

(from top layer to bottom)

Slice of toast
    2 regular size birdseye burgers
    2 rashers of bacon
    2 slices of cheese
    slice of toast
    2 rashers of bacon
    2 slices of cheese
    slice of toast

caked in ketchup, mayo, american style mustard, relish and gherkins

I used up all my creativity constructing it so could only come up with the following when naming it:

THE BASTARD BURGERô

• MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Jun 2008 21:21:59 37,343 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I went to the House Of Blues in Downtown Disney. They did THE nicest burgers. Plus the actual restaurant was really cool so very recommended to anyone who happens to go to Orlando in the future.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 30 June 2008 21:23:39
    I've not heard of most of the places mentioned in this thread, but quite how McD's or BK could be mentioned as 'good' burgers in a burger thread is beyond me. They're good to satisfy a craving for roughly the first two bites, but then they're cold, grey rubbery bits of chewy nastiness. Burgers they are not.
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 21:27:10 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PinkSpider wrote:
    macksed wrote:
    I made my own soya bean burgers (dont hurt me) a few months back... they were quite fun to make and were veeery nice :D
    (also quite healthy for you there the dieter)
    They do the best veggie burgers ever near me. I dont know how they do them or what burger mix they get by they are aces. Expensive though.

Also; why are veggie necessarily weak? Soya is high in protein and that. And also pretty sure there is quite a few stuff which contains all the amino acids and that.
    yeahh... veggies aren't necessarily weak... and near me one of these should be opening soon, hopefully it'll be good (has anyone ever been?)
  • megastar 30 Jun 2008 21:27:37 17,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BK is good, maccy D's is a load of shite though - yet strangely satisfying at times - especially on a sunday
  • megastar 30 Jun 2008 21:27:51 17,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 21:29:57 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    maybe he ended up working there after his poetry career inexplicably failed
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 21:33:11 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    has anyone ever been to BK abroad? In the UK they dont actually do veggie burgers (whenever i go they've always 'just run out'), In australia we got 3 burgers 3 drinks and 3 fries for $13, and they were PROPER burgers- really nice; and in malaysia their veggie burger consisted of a bun and salad and sauce and mayo.... no burger... when I asked they just kept saying "yes-vegi!"
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 21:35:15 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HybridR wrote:
    Someone's edited the Burger King Wikipedia page o_O
    HybridR wrote:
    Damn, it's back to normal.
    Burger King Wiki page wrote:
    La la la la Na na na na La la la na Wa na na na

I work at Burger King Making famous Whoppers I wear a paper hat

Would you like an apple pie with that? Would you like an apple pie with that?

Ding! Fries are done Ding! Fries are done Ding! Fries are done Ding! Fries are done I gotta run I gotta run I gotta run I gotta run

Don't touch the fries in hot fat It really hurts bad And so do skin grafts

Where is the bell? Wait for the bell Can't hear the bell Ding! Fries are done

I work at Burger King Making famous Whoppers I wear a paper hat

Where is the bell? Wait for the bell Can't hear the bell Ding! Fries are done

Ding! Fries are done Ding! Fries are done Ding! Fries are done Ding! Fries are done
  • ecureuil 30 Jun 2008 21:35:39 76,497 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had one of these yesterday. The burger itself is 1000 calories, and I had chips and a milkshake with it. Best not do that too often..
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 21:35:40 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    preserved for ever :D

...oh, its not back to normal at all :-|
  • manuel_garcia 30 Jun 2008 21:48:59 4,079 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PinkSpider wrote:

Urban myth :)

Speaking as someone that's never eaten any type of meat in my entire life, I can say that most definitely isn't true.
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 21:53:52 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    can you be allergic to meat? I've never eaten meat either... iv bitten into a pork pie though (spat it out)
  • manuel_garcia 30 Jun 2008 21:54:57 4,079 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HybridR wrote:
    Never? Not even as a child?

Is that because you're allergic to meat (or something similar), or due to vegetarianism/veganism?

Just the way I was brought up! My parents were both vegetarian so it was just the way of the house. They gave me the choice when I was old enough to understand, but I didn't want to.

I have no extreme views on any of it, and I really couldn't care less what people eat, I've just never been tempted. I figure once you get out of the peer pressure stage, there really is no push to do it unless you're curious, which generally I haven't been.

Apparently I couldn't really eat it now anyway (I'm 28), because my body wouldn't be able to break down the animal fat and protein and whatnot, although I have no idea whether that's true.

I don't want to find out though :)
  • megastar 30 Jun 2008 21:55:27 17,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    can you be allergic to meat? I've never eaten meat either... iv bitten into a pork pie though (spat it out)

O_O
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 21:57:31 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    macksed wrote:
    O_O
    why O_O?

...and I'm pretty much the same as manuel_garcia here...

• thefilthandthefury 30 Jun 2008 21:59:48 24,951 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    I like the burgers they do here at the 50s diner Eddie Rocket's. It's stupidly expensive though.

Ha! I always walk past Eddie Rocket's but can't bring myself to go in. The burgers are worth it, then?

I would say so, as long as you're treating it as... well, a treat. Once in a blue moon type thing.
  • megastar 30 Jun 2008 22:02:38 17,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    megastar wrote:
    macksed wrote:
    O_O
    why O_O?

...and I'm pretty much the same as manuel_garcia here...

It's just like shocking to me!! All the best food is meat - beef, bacon, sausages etc.

can't believe you've never tried it? was your vegetarianism enforced on you from birth by your parents? have you never been tempted?

/is serious and not having a go BTW
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Jun 2008 22:04:04 37,343 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Never mind burgers and all that. I couldn't imagine living without tasting a bacon buttie.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Syrette 30 Jun 2008 22:06:08 43,063 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    whoa i had no idea there was a burger appreciation thread - this happens to be my speciality

I one made the perfect burger - it was too big to actually fit in your mouth and required knife and fork eatage. It entailed the following:

(from top layer to bottom)

Slice of toast
    2 rashers of bacon
    2 slices of cheese
    slice of toast
    2 rashers of bacon
    2 slices of cheese
    slice of toast

caked in ketchup, mayo, american style mustard, relish and gherkins

I used up all my creativity constructing it so could only come up with the following when naming it:

THE BASTARD BURGERô

Overload.

• Deleted user 30 June 2008 22:06:26
    If we push this, we might break a lifetime veggie.

MMM BACON
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 22:08:02 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lol...erm I wouldn't say it was forced, we just never had meat, so I never ate it, and by the time i was old enough to decide I decided I'd stay vegi...

Chicken does look tempting sometimes, but then my carnivorous friends say its nothing like quorn, not even texture-wise, and i LOVE quorn.

I never really feel like I'm missing out on anything, there's quite a lot of vegi stuff about! lol... although some restaurant's lack of vegi options can get annoying ... but that's another matter.
  • macksed 30 Jun 2008 22:08:55 3,798 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    what does bacon taste like? Is it anything like pork?
    ...its all just pig right?! :D
  • megastar 30 Jun 2008 22:10:03 17,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you are definately missing out :)

• PinkSpider 30 Jun 2008 22:10:37 3,346 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have you tried veggie specific places? (There is a veggie place up here in Hull which does a different menu based on what the first person to book wants, it's ace food, friendly and like 100 restaraunts in one).

Personally the idea of meat turns my stomach so hey. And people say I'm missing out on stuff but I dont think I am as most the people I know dont have such a varied diet as myself and erm yea.

Also; trying to lose weight on a vegan diet is hard, cant give up the wheat and stuff, plus I do love food :(
  • Syrette 30 Jun 2008 22:10:55 43,063 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bacon is so overrated.

I eat meat but I prefer salads and stuff like that.

• Page

of 39 First / Last