**Offical** Burger appreciation thread Page 9

• Page

of 42 First / Last

• Razz 4 Apr 2012 14:27:04 61,073 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I had a McDonalds Samurai Pork burger recently, that was ok. Kinda like a McRib
    Ah man.... I had an unhealthy obession with the McRib, damn... looks like I'll be trying one of these tomorrow.
    Can't believe the prices in McD's at the moment, I went in one on Monday for the first time in months... maybe years. 4.30 for Big Mac Meal!!!!!! :D I just walked out and went to BK when they told me the price, last time I bought one it was only 2.88!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• smoothpete 4 Apr 2012 14:33:53 31,498 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had it in Bangkok mate, you won't find them in the UK I'm afraid
  • Razz 4 Apr 2012 15:06:41 61,073 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah.. .that's too bad,or good perhaps! :)

• Slurmseh 4 Apr 2012 16:54:22 2,337 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have some homemade burgers for tonight. Beef mince, habanero tabasco sauce, salt & pepper and some onions all in the burger itself. Used a bit too much egg to bind so it's a little wet but they should cook up just fine!
  • Mr-Brett 4 Apr 2012 16:58:34 12,772 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's always a mistake to visit this thread, I haven't had a good burger in while.

Portable view - Never forget.

• simplerotation 5 Apr 2012 11:22:39 332 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Burger.

Off to Meat Liqour again tonight. :) :) :)

anyone had any decent burgers recently?@
    OPera Tavern www.operatavern.co.uk/ and kimchi cult at eat.st do a kimchi slider - lovely! http://burgeranarchy.com/post/18132240653/kimchi-cult-at-the-rose-and-crown-walthamstow-london-rev
  • Razz 5 Apr 2012 11:34:42 61,073 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MMMMM!!!! Looks lovely! I swear I've seen these guys down in Brick Lane market a couple times before, never tried their stuff though might do so later this month.

Meat Liqour wasn't as good last night, for me, my mates loved it! But I orderd some wierd green chilli burger, it comes with some rank green chilli sauce that overpowered the flavour of the meat. It honest to God tasted like arse, It's kind of put me off the place.

Edited by Razz at 11:39:52 05-04-2012

• localnotail 5 Apr 2012 11:34:46 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    We have a monthly lunch and bitch club at work, membership is limited to underlings or people who line manage a maximum of one person. Today we are off to the Gourmet Burger Co. :) I am very much looking forward to it, but fear the inevitable afternoon nap.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Razz 5 Apr 2012 11:39:40 61,073 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Maybe a small bapless burger will do the trick? You get a larger side salad instead :)

• localnotail 5 Apr 2012 11:44:59 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Interesting idea. It is the carbs that do it, usually. And yet, I so rarely get the chance to have a proper burger, living with a veggie. So I might just have to risk it.

• Slurmseh 5 Apr 2012 12:45:13 2,337 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If the place is the same as Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Ireland then get the Habanero burger, it's unreal!
  • localnotail 5 Apr 2012 13:32:03 23,093 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was a tasty burger, but a little small for the price, IMO. Also, 2.15 for a small bottle of coke?? Oh come on!

• Jono62 5 Apr 2012 13:40:12 14,064 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Burger.

Went to Byron the other day and had the blue cheese burger (rare) with bacon and avocado. Was lovely, but their onion rings are out of this world!
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Apr 2012 21:13:52 1,719 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Slurmseh wrote:
    Have some homemade burgers for tonight. Beef mince, habanero tabasco sauce, salt & pepper and some onions all in the burger itself. Used a bit too much egg to bind so it's a little wet but they should cook up just fine!
    Tip: you don't need egg. Use at least 20% fat mince because the fat binds the meat and will keep it moist. Although you can get away with 10 percent.The egg ruins he texture it's just not needed and will bind just fine without :)
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Apr 2012 21:15:26 1,719 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    Burger.

Went to Byron the other day and had the blue cheese burger (rare) with bacon and avocado. Was lovely, but their onion rings are out of this world!
    Have you tried their courgette fries? They are so good!
  • ronuds 6 Apr 2012 21:16:22 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:

Tip: you don't need egg. Use at least 20% fat mince because the fat binds the meat and will keep it moist. Although you can get away with 10 percent.The egg ruins he texture it's just not needed and will bind just fine without :)
    Can't go wrong with adding more fat.

Edited by ronuds at 21:17:02 06-04-2012
  • elstoof 6 Apr 2012 22:20:34 7,007 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Had one at the Corner Bistro in NYC. It was good.
  • Phily50 6 Apr 2012 22:41:17 2,199 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had a 'Bhangra burger' the other day from a little stall on 'eat street' next to kings cross st pancras. It was fucking awesome! It came in a wrap rather than a bun, which I'll admit, sounds a bit weird but don't knock it until you try it!

*edit*
    Spelling and
    Link

Edited by Phily50 at 22:46:50 06-04-2012
  • monkehhh 15 May 2012 20:11:24 3,294 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sainsburys Taste The Difference Beef Steak and West Country cheddar burgers - fucking yum. Got some fancy rolls, tendersweet unsmoked bacon, onion, tomato, mayo and ketchup to go with 'em. Yum.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2012 21:45:25
    Just had tesco finest earlier, just cut up some salad, tomato and fried some onions to go with it. and a splash of Levi roots love apple tomato ketchup can't go wrong.

Always thought about opening a burger bar. There was a awesome one in southampton - goblets. The bugers were fucking massive. The changed teh suppilier of the meat or something and weren't quite the same.

Also watched that man vs food the other day and he has the juciy lucy. look lush.
  • gammonbanter 25 Aug 2012 21:24:45 1,496 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally tried out meat liqour yesterday. Ordered too much, none the less very tasty. And I have to say, great value. I think I have to try it again to give a true rating.

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• Razz 25 Aug 2012 22:19:02 61,073 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ha! I was there last night at 630pm, love the place! Dead Hippy, pickles , onion rings and fries. Fat Bastard!

• wobbly_Bob 7 Oct 2012 08:54:07 1,719 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yesterday was me birthday so as I like me burgers the plan was byron for lunch and then meat liquor for dinner. Between those massive amount of booze but that's another drunken story!

The short and sweet version... My second time to meat liquor and my opinion still the same. Yes, It's very nice but, for me, byron is better. Also meat liquor just tries way too hard to be all cool and edgy.

So byron still my number one burger joint and I get to enjoy without my ears being assaulted and also being able to see what I'm eating.... Maybe it's an age thing T_T lol

I'm gonna have to try a couple of the other places now.
  • Razz 7 Oct 2012 16:14:11 61,073 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You should try Hache mate, for me it's between them and Lucky burger for the best Burgers in London

http://www.hacheburgers.com/

I like Meat Liquor but more for their cocktails and chilli fries :))

• wobbly_Bob 9 Oct 2012 18:10:51 1,719 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree with you! The cocktails are fucking amazing and the chilli cheese fries are good too.

Actually hache is number one on my list to try :-) I would have went there Saturday but it was too far away to have lunch there and then get to the pub I wanted to go to and then go meat liquor. Next time though I will go out of my way to sample it!
  • wobbly_Bob 1 Dec 2012 13:15:46 1,719 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Last month at Byron i had the very yummy moburger but this month its... cheesemass!!! Im SO there. Im hopefully going down there tomorrow. How fucking good does that look?!

So burger for lunch and then i will make burger for dinner! If obly i had a burger for breakfast too. Ah well cant have everything.
  • elstoof 1 Dec 2012 13:33:12 7,007 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got a Diner round the corner from me, I'm quite partial to their burgers. Even better though, are their gravy fries.
  • Jono62 1 Dec 2012 13:58:36 14,064 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Last month at Byron i had the very yummy moburger but this month its... cheesemass!!! Im SO there. Im hopefully going down there tomorrow. How fucking good does that look?!

So burger for lunch and then i will make burger for dinner! If obly i had a burger for breakfast too. Ah well cant have everything.
    The Mo burger was nice? the ingredients didn't sound like they would work well together. Byrons onion rings are a taste sensation. Their Courgette fries are really tasty too.
  • wobbly_Bob 1 Dec 2012 14:13:02 1,719 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah the moburger was fantastic. I thought myself about it working. Cucumber? I had mu doubts but it was really good.

Onion rings are one of the best i have had but courgette fries are my fave! Always gotta order them :)
  • wobbly_Bob 1 Dec 2012 14:14:15 1,719 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I've got a Diner round the corner from me, I'm quite partial to their burgers. Even better though, are their gravy fries.
    another one i have to try! They did the diablo burger? That looked awsome.
  • Page

of 42 First / Last