Rock Band 2

• Page

of 53 First / Last

Previous
  • Blerk Moderator 30 Jun 2008 09:34:03 48,225 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Here, have a Rock Band 2 announcement. I know you love them.

Temporary 360 exclusive again, btw.
  • TheSaint 30 Jun 2008 09:35:18 14,724 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cross compatible DLC is a great idea.
  • FixedInfinity 30 Jun 2008 09:38:54 1,682 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Excellent idea.
    Just hope they'll release it over here at the same time as the Americans...
  • Deleted user 30 June 2008 09:41:31
    Jesus Christ. I love my rhythm games as much as the next man but isn't it getting a bit crowded?
  • Der_tolle_Emil 30 Jun 2008 09:42:30 7,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Cross compatible DLC is a great idea.

Best idea ever.
  • Der_tolle_Emil 30 Jun 2008 09:46:07 7,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    boabg wrote:
    Jesus Christ. I love my rhythm games as much as the next man but isn't it getting a bit crowded?

I thought this as well when Rock Band was announced. However playing the guitar doesn't get boring. Especially because there's no learning curve with those new games. I started off with easy on GH2, moved on to Hard/Expert on GH3 and am now expert only in Rock Band. It's nice that I can use all the things I learned in the other games. Except for the drums of course. But since the games are pretty much interchangeable I don't mind if there are quite a few of them around.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2008 09:55:31
    Tomorrows news, today :

Pricing update : 399 and an ass raping.

Pre-order here, Euro fucktards.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Jun 2008 10:03:45 39,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just bought the first one! Damn right the DLC is backward compatible.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Der_tolle_Emil 30 Jun 2008 10:18:06 7,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One thing I forgot to add: If they feature Black Sabbath again in the track list I hope they use the master versions. All the cover versions sound awful.
  • MrSensible 30 Jun 2008 10:21:10 25,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is Eurogamer and the article on the main page doesn't state that it's a US release date, so that surely means that this sequel is out this September in the EU?

I was going to buy the instrument pack on Friday. Fuck that! I'll wait for these new, better, instruments I reckon.
  • yupyup 30 Jun 2008 10:22:16 3,682 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Der_tolle - all songs on this and GH4 are masters.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Psychotext 30 Jun 2008 10:25:57 54,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh well... no Rock Band 1 purchase for me then. I was originally waiting for a price that I didn't feel required lube but I'm not going to pick it up with the new one just around the corner.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Jun 2008 10:29:24 39,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just picked up the disc, I'm using the guitar hero 3 guitar and it works fine. I WAS going to buy the drum set on it's own but I'm assuming the original gear will fall in price once the new gear is out.

I think I'll wait.

• MrSensible 30 Jun 2008 10:32:45 25,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    I just picked up the disc, I'm using the guitar hero 3 guitar and it works fine. I WAS going to buy the drum set on it's own but I'm assuming the original gear will fall in price once the new gear is out.

I think I'll wait.

Yeah I'm doing the same now, probably. I was all set to pick up the Band in a Box on Friday but this has changed my mind. Either I'll get the new instruments this September or I'll buy the cheapo old ones if there's not much difference.

EDIT: Or I'll cave in and get it anyway since I'm a sucker :(
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Jun 2008 10:38:19 39,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

I think I'll wait.

Yeah I'm doing the same now, probably. I was all set to pick up the Band in a Box on Friday but this has changed my mind. Either I'll get the new instruments this September or I'll buy the cheapo old ones if there's not much difference.

No you WILL NOT cave soldier!

• Psychotext 30 Jun 2008 10:38:28 54,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder which will be better out of this and GH World Tour. GH looks like it will have the better set of drums... though I don't know when that's supposed to be coming out anyway.
  • MrSensible 30 Jun 2008 10:41:59 25,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

I think I'll wait.

No you WILL NOT cave soldier!

I suspect I will. I had a weekend of Rock Band planned and everything! With real people :o
  • motti82 30 Jun 2008 11:16:17 2,909 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh, I've been further tempted after trying out the drums on the weekend......sooo good, but I can hold out until GH:WT or the next Rock Band are released...
  • Deleted user 30 June 2008 11:43:30
    ToonMonkey wrote:
    boabg wrote:

Not really. More tracks = better, doesn't it. All instruments are compatable with RB (and I guess RB2) so no need to buy anything further once you got 2 guitars, a microphone and a set of drums.

GH4 will require its own full set of instruments and thus I'll never buy it (shit note charts and slight dislike of activision aside).

Well quite. I mean the quality of the tracklists will suffer eventually.

Choice is good but it seems like there's a Pro Evo/Fifa thing going on now.
  • MrSensible 30 Jun 2008 12:03:26 25,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When GH III came out, I couldn't understand what people were on about when they said the note charts were a bit off.

Having spent the last few weeks playing the guitar on Rock Band, I went back to GH III last night and I finally see it. They were really weird. Not bad, just... not quite right for some reason.

Rock Band has definitely won me over. I've written a reader review of it but it's not gone up yet, sadly.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Jun 2008 12:50:13 39,382 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If Rock Band 2 uses the Rock Band equipment then the cross-compatible DLC will ALMOST make up for the stupid price of Rock Band.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• sanctusmortis 30 Jun 2008 17:26:20 9,707 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I heard somewhere (trying to find where!) they want 120 tracks on the disc...

IIRC, the Sabbath issue is FINDING the masters, same as The Who. You have to remember how old they are! Hopefully, Led Zep and G 'n' R on disc this time, seeing as they topped the official forum's poll.

Wait a minute - wasn't Metallica's new single supposed to debut on RB? Maybe it's on the new disc!
  • FixedInfinity 30 Jun 2008 17:34:22 1,682 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I remember reading an interview with one the Harmonix guys where they said that if the song faded into another on the album, then they'd have to go with a cover version as well.
  • funkstar 30 Jun 2008 17:41:34 1,194 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i guess there are probably issues with gh2/3 compatibility since they are from different devs?

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• LeoliansBro 30 Jun 2008 17:43:15 44,746 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    Tomorrows news, today :

Pricing update : 399 and an ass raping.

Pre-order here, Euro fucktards.

Or given we've already bought the band in a box, it could be the same price as any other game.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Peew971 30 Jun 2008 20:32:40 5,148 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Even if you already have one, you'll want that guitar :)

XBL: Shadow Thi3f

• Der_tolle_Emil 30 Jun 2008 20:59:45 7,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    I heard somewhere (trying to find where!) they want 120 tracks on the disc...

IIRC, the Sabbath issue is FINDING the masters, same as The Who. You have to remember how old they are! Hopefully, Led Zep and G 'n' R on disc this time, seeing as they topped the official forum's poll.

Wait a minute - wasn't Metallica's new single supposed to debut on RB? Maybe it's on the new disc!

That's probably true. However I can't stand the voice of all those cover versions. Not really noticeable if you don't know the song but with such unique voices it's really annoying.

I really like Metallica (except St. Anger) so the more the better, if only they weren't so incredibly difficult to play :/
  • Deleted user 30 June 2008 22:05:59
    snigger
  • sweeten16 1 Jul 2008 00:35:56 317 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Peew971 wrote:
    Even if you already have one, you'll want that guitar :)

nice looking indeed but it looks like iit will just be the same as the first with new paint job.
  • sanctusmortis 1 Jul 2008 00:41:34 9,707 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oooh, wood effect...

Hopefully, I can just trade GH III and the LP for RB2 and that guitar. It looks... swish.
  • Page

of 53 First / Last

Previous