Need some help with Photoshop

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • pistol 26 Jun 2008 13:14:54 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can anyone suggest an easy way to create a watermark in Photoshop CS2 that I can use over and over.

I tend to do most of my work on a laptop, so I have problems creating the in the first place.

please help..;-)

• Spanky 26 Jun 2008 13:19:32 14,524 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can just type it onto one photo, copy the layer.

Create a new action. This action will be set to > Paste > Flatten > Save > Close... assign it a key. Open up a pile of your images and hit the button, hit it, hit it, hit it...

Only problem is the alignment, you could do it if your images were a uniform size... but other than that manual placement would have to be done(it'd only take a second per image).

If you mean you can't get the character... use charmap and copy it in there.

Plubs

• Tiger_Walts 26 Jun 2008 13:27:33 16,607 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I find these tutorials quite handy.

You Suck at Photoshop

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• pistol 26 Jun 2008 13:28:11 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So I guess you can't just copy and paste the from say word, into an image in CS2?
  • SpaceDave3000 26 Jun 2008 13:29:45 78,417 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FN+Alt+0169 in a text field.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• pistol 26 Jun 2008 13:30:00 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tiger_Walts wrote:
    I find these tutorials quite handy.

You Suck at Photoshop

I've got some great tutorial DVD's but there's nothing on creating watermarks. Also just ordered a Scott Kelby book.
  • Spanky 26 Jun 2008 13:30:50 14,524 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pistol wrote:
    So I guess you can't just copy and paste the from say word, into an image in CS2?
    Yeah as long as it's in the character set of the font you're using in photoshop.

Have a look in your windows folder \system32\charmap.exe... that gives you the whole character set, you can just click on the glyph you want in the font of your choice and paste it wherever you want.

Plubs

• pistol 26 Jun 2008 13:31:43 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    FN+Alt+0169 in a text field.

Isn't that just for PC's, as it won't work on a laptop. Or, could I save the on a desktop and save it as a file and re-open on laptop?

Do I have to save it as a psd or something?

• Spanky 26 Jun 2008 13:33:20 14,524 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This laptop... is it an apple? Because if it is....!

/shakes fist

Plubs

• SpaceDave3000 26 Jun 2008 13:34:18 78,417 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That is for a laptop, hence the FN. Or is it a MBP?

Paste it into a text field if you can't work it out.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 26 June 2008 13:36:38
    surely you can find a somewhere in some text on your laptop?
  • Deleted user 26 June 2008 13:39:21
    one

two

three

Just for starters :)

Although I use an action I wrote with the help of a Scott Kelby tip in his CS2 For Digitial Photographers book. If you'd like me to dig it out and give you the run down I can do because I think it's one of the most graceful solutions, but those links should also get you going.

• pjmaybe 26 Jun 2008 13:39:51 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yelbs! For chrissake someone draw 'im a C inside a circle as a photochop layer and mail it to 'im.

Laptops without alt buttons and a recognisable character set! Is it a Sony by any chance?
  • Deleted user 26 June 2008 13:41:44
    This is WAY easier than what's been suggested, by the way!

In CS2 the copyright symbol is included as a custom shape in the Custom Shape Tool. Press shift-U until you activate said tool, a wavy blob shape. Then click the thumbnail next to the tool (the one labelled 'Shape'!) and bring up the various shapes available. Scroll down.

BOOM.

Done. :D
  • Spanky 26 Jun 2008 13:44:40 14,524 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Yelbs! For chrissake someone draw 'im a C inside a circle as a photochop layer and mail it to 'im.
    You do it cunt!

Wot. A. Bitch.

Plubs

• pistol 26 Jun 2008 13:53:02 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    This laptop... is it an apple? Because if it is....!

/shakes fist

acer..
  • pistol 26 Jun 2008 13:56:07 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    one

two

three

Although I use an action I wrote with the help of a Scott Kelby tip in his CS2 For Digitial Photographers book. If you'd like me to dig it out and give you the run down I can do because I think it's one of the most graceful solutions, but those links should also get you going.

Brilliant..

thanks all
  • Spanky 26 Jun 2008 13:57:37 14,524 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All windows machines should have character map on them though and you can find it without using funky keystrokes. ;)

Plubs

• pistol 26 Jun 2008 14:01:48 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    one

two

three

I have just ordered a Scott Kelby book but that would be fantastic if you could dig it out.
  • pistol 26 Jun 2008 14:02:26 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:

Laptops without alt buttons and a recognisable character set! Is it a Sony by any chance?

lol...
  • pistol 26 Jun 2008 14:02:53 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:

In CS2 the copyright symbol is included as a custom shape in the Custom Shape Tool. Press shift-U until you activate said tool, a wavy blob shape. Then click the thumbnail next to the tool (the one labelled 'Shape'!) and bring up the various shapes available. Scroll down.

BOOM.

\0/
  • pistol 26 Jun 2008 14:04:41 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm better at taking pictures..;-)
  • Deleted user 26 June 2008 14:20:53
    pistol wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    one

two

three

I have just ordered a Scott Kelby book but that would be fantastic if you could dig it out.
    The tip I gave you is pretty much all you need to know - his version elaborates by lowering the opacity, giving it a slightly embossed look, blowing it up to pretty much cover the entire image so as to prevent unauthorised use, going into the file details to add more ownership details in the metadata, and saving the whole thing as an action.

Quite long winded, not sure I can be bothered to type out the whole thing - if you've ordered one of his 'Photoshop CS'x' For Digital Photographers' books you're onto a winner. They're very good.
  • pistol 26 Jun 2008 14:22:56 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    pjmaybe wrote:
    You do it cunt!

Wot. A. Bitch.

I'm sure he was only kiddin..
  • pistol 26 Jun 2008 14:24:48 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    pistol wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    one

two

three

The tip I gave you is pretty much all you need to know - his version elaborates by lowering the opacity, giving it a slightly embossed look, blowing it up to pretty much cover the entire image so as to prevent unauthorised use, going into the file details to add more ownership details in the metadata, and saving the whole thing as an action.

Quite long winded, not sure I can be bothered to type out the whole thing - if you've ordered one of his 'Photoshop CS'x' For Digital Photographers' books you're onto a winner. They're very good.

It's ok, i just wanted the basic function. I'll probably just have and my name at a slight angle at the bottom of my images. Nothing fancy.
  • pistol 16 Jul 2008 09:57:38 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:

BOOM.

Sorry, but this problem is still dragging on. I've created a really nice watermark and have found the in the custom shapes. Once I click on the symbol I want, how do I get it on the image? Daft question I know but it's puzzling me to shit.

You can just drag it on to the image so how does it work?
  • pistol 16 Jul 2008 12:39:53 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • pistol 16 Jul 2008 13:27:05 13,019 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    \0/

Finally sorted it. Ended up using the FN alt 0169 technique on my new Dell laptop that arrived today.

Thanks Dirtbox..
  • Deleted user 16 July 2008 13:37:50
    Well, it's a brush. So you need to pick a colour and paint it on, ideally on a new layer I'd have thought, making sure your paint settings are set so that it does actually appear (perhaps your paint flow or opacity was set too low?). But if you've got it sorted a different way, cool.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2008 23:16:25
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous