If you're reading this, a EG forum member is in Big Brother UK!! :D

• Page

of 15 First / Last

Previous
  • ImOnBB 7 Jun 2008 15:21:57 4 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dear All,

I am the sister of a forum member who is currently residing within the Big Brother UK house.

He asked me, once big brother had started, to post this short note from him.

"Hey All!

If your reading this then (a) my sister did something right for a change by finding out how to post on here (sorry sis!) and (b) im on Big Brother :D.

After watching it for years (and hating it ironically), I decided to apply for it. I got accepted (which I didnt expect at all), and in just a few days I shall be entering the house! I managed to sneak this message out to my sister just in time, the last few weeks and been pretty mad!

Now, I won't be revealing my identity however, I will give you a few hints;

- I have been a poster on Eurogamer for years
    - My Username is under 100k
    - I have over 750 posts (but I wont tell you how much over)

Once, I'm out, I'll reveal all OR if I stay in long enough, my sis has a few tricks up her sleeve here.

Please do not ask her who I am, she will not tell you and I'll only get annoyed that my sister is getting some grief!

I'm gonna miss all the fanboy banter and can't wait for the Super Smash Bros. score (which needs to be a 10/10 Eurogamer or you really do hate the Wii :D). I'm also a bit gutted I may not be playing metal gear for a while but hey, it will be waiting for me once I get out!

I'll say hi to the EG forumites in the diary room often, so hopefully it will be eventually broadcasted!

I hope I don't come out looking too much of an arse and look forward to reading the forum when I get out.

Lots of love and kisses

'Mr. X' "
  • GrandpaUlrira 7 Jun 2008 15:24:57 3,753 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Riiiiight.

Is there someone in the BB House who isn't a twat?
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 15:26:07
    I'm shocked and appalled at this whole sorry mess.

It's "if you're reading this...".
  • GrandpaUlrira 7 Jun 2008 15:28:01 3,753 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If it is true, which I doubt, it has to be Luke.
  • GuiltySpark 7 Jun 2008 15:28:27 6,403 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We should stop replying, then he'll come back and realise that no one gave a shit.

That'll learn 'im for going on BB.

Get bent.

• sirtacos 7 Jun 2008 15:29:56 7,288 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doesn't the fact that he'll be saying 'hi' to the people on EG from the diary room kind of make the whole guessing game redundant?

And yes - everyone in Big Brother is invariably a twat.* Even that guy with tourettes was a twat.

*Just like everyone on American Idol is a twat, everyone on I'm a Celebrity is a twat, and everyone on every reality show ever conceived is a twat.
  • jozz 7 Jun 2008 15:30:08 4,871 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Psychotext 7 Jun 2008 15:31:03 54,313 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is an interesting way of improving ratings. I reckon we should have a search on other popular forums to see if we can find similar posts.
  • Metalfish 7 Jun 2008 15:31:18 8,819 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry mister PR man, I ain't wathcing your shit just 'cos you're pretending to have someone with relevent interests involved.

/Ultra cynicism
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 15:34:03
    Ok which forumite is an albino?
  • sirtacos 7 Jun 2008 15:35:03 7,288 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "After watching it for years (and hating it ironically), I decided to apply for it."

That's not ironic, it's just stupid.
    I hate deadly venomous snakes. If I decided to roll around in a pit full of them it wouldn't be ironic, it would just be stupid. But at least then I'd probably die, removing the possibility of my living on to be a twat.
  • von_Doll 7 Jun 2008 15:35:20 2,108 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Clearly, said forumite is going to have to mention EG at some point on telly. And in order for it to be aired, they're going to do something interesting while they're doing it - like shit on Mario's chest while he's attempting stomach crunches or pull off Muhammed's fake fro and run around the garden naked with it.

I hope it's a hotty, but sadly it'll be one of the mongs if it's true.
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 15:35:48
    Don't believe this for a second - and even if it's true - 750 posts for an under-100k-er?

Nobody's going to know who the fuck that is anyway.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Jun 2008 15:36:06 38,372 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's me. The whole "being on honeymoon" thing was a cover.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• cubbymoore 7 Jun 2008 15:36:17 36,497 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why would someone be so inclined to get their sister to post a message onto an internet forum if they got onto Big Brother?

Oh the intrigue.

Mods, reveal identity of sock.
  • Lukus 7 Jun 2008 15:36:46 19,148 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GrandpaUlrira wrote:
    If it is true, which I doubt, it has to be Luke.
    Heh, yes. It was even remarked on in one of the BB threads as he went in that he looked like a typical EG'r.

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 7 June 2008 15:36:58
    sirtacos wrote:
    "After watching it for years (and hating it ironically), I decided to apply for it."

I hate deadly venomous snakes. If I decided to roll around in a pit full of them it wouldn't be ironic, it would just be stupid. But at least then I'd probably die, removing the possibility of living on to be a twat.
    Technically watching it and hating it isn't ironic, but watching, hating and then applying is. His act of applying was ironic given that he hated it.

Or I've still not cracked my understanding of irony! ;)
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 15:40:58
    It is a bloke, and he will be the one who FHUTA on tv

Big clue that will be.
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 15:42:54
    Halo_3-Liverpool_0 wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    sirtacos wrote:

I hate deadly venomous snakes. If I decided to roll around in a pit full of them it wouldn't be ironic, it would just be stupid. But at least then I'd probably die, removing the possibility of living on to be a twat.
    Technically watching it and hating it isn't ironic, but watching, hating and then applying is. His act of applying was ironic given that he hated it.

Not really. I hate watching rugby but I used to love playing it.
    Ah but he didn't say he hated watching it.

He said he watched it. And he hated it. Perhaps, like me, he enjoyed watching it to hate it?
  • sirtacos 7 Jun 2008 15:43:57 7,288 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    sirtacos wrote:

I hate deadly venomous snakes. If I decided to roll around in a pit full of them it wouldn't be ironic, it would just be stupid. But at least then I'd probably die, removing the possibility ofmy living on to be a twat.

You're right, it probably is ironic - then again I garnered all of my knowledge of irony from Alanis Morisette.

On the other hand, there seems to be more idiocy present in the situation than irony. When this is the case, I believe that the one that is higher wins out. In this case, it just so happens to be idiocy.
    I mean - I could get my sister to post "Hay guise, I'm straight, I hate water, I can't swim, I am prone to nausea and I'm deathly afraid of sharks - but I've decided to join the navy!!! Isn't that ironic lol?"
  • Psychotext 7 Jun 2008 15:44:14 54,313 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So... DB search of all sub 100k members with over 750 posts who haven't posted in the last x days.

Should only bring back about 60k people. :o
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 15:47:47
    It's gonna be the black dude with big hair, right? He's single, he's a frickin' toy demonstrator and he's not a fitness and image freak like most of the other blokes.

There's no way it's Rex Newmark (daddy is nouveau riche and he's a chef and a twat, he'd have zero interest in a gaming forum - too busy shagging fellow chef Sophie Wright).

Nor the bloke who fancies himself rotten (no idea what he's called but you know the one I mean).

Spose it could be the albino black guy at a pinch.

Blind guy - nuh-uh.

Scottish gayboy - nuh-uh.

Shaun/Mario - seriously doubt it. Apparently him and his enhanced missus have sex once a day - barely leaves time for an interest in gaming and the internet, does it?

Suppose it could be that kid Lee, the one that's a 60 year old in a 20 year old's body. Single, geeky, socially-underdeveloped, ugly... joint equal front runner.

Or, like I say, none of the above. FAKE.
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 15:48:37
    Ddevil he ain't on his honeymoon after all.
  • cubbymoore 7 Jun 2008 15:49:28 36,497 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If only, IF ONLY, it was bengalibengali. That would make me tune in big time.

That or Spartan.
  • Deleted user 7 June 2008 16:29:37
    It's not going to make me watch it in the vain hope that an EG reference scrapes through their tightly observed editing net, though.

Nah, I watch it in the hope that blondie proves to be a relationship-wrecker once they've moved on from the boring-now fake marriage thing. A lot of the so-called 'fit' lads in there are not single, and she's the hottest single woman in there, so hopefully it'll be love-rats ahoy!

/loves a tabloid scandal
  • Ace_McCloud 7 Jun 2008 16:45:41 1,385 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:

I hate deadly venomous snakes. If I decided to roll around in a pit full of them it wouldn't be ironic, it would just be stupid. But at least then I'd probably die, removing the possibility of my living on to be a twat.

ROFL
  • Tonka 7 Jun 2008 16:54:35 20,582 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    I'm shocked and appalled at this whole sorry mess.

It's "if you're reading this, an...Brother UK!".

Enhanced.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• El_MUERkO 7 Jun 2008 17:00:19 17,051 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hehe, roflchops if it's true :D
  • HardToast 7 Jun 2008 17:30:56 383 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It would be class if it was true but I fear its false!
  • Page

of 15 First / Last

Previous