Crysis Warhead Page 8

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Phattso Moderator 11 Dec 2008 17:03:07 13,577 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    List of people who take themselves and the internet far too seriously: Darren.

I'm not sure what's funnier: that the man took me seriously, or that he took me seriously enough to take massive offense and then expend fuck knows how many edits on his reply to me that basically culminated in the playground-tastic "no you're the one who's going on ignore."

The man is either a sociopath or a comic genius. Either way he plays PC FPS games with a joypad, so he's going to hell. *smiley to make clear this is not serious*
  • FixedInfinity 23 Dec 2008 23:40:28 1,682 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished this, must say I'm quite impressed.

The on-rails Train defence section was brilliant! .
    I also loved the cinematic where Psycho kills the Korean soldier. Thought it was very powerful. .

Even the ending section was good, especially compared to Crysis.
    Bloody bargain for the price.
  • absolutezero 2 Feb 2009 22:50:56 7,956 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ok I have a problem with Steam Crysis Warhead.

Its being a right bitch. Everytime I go to change something like simple like changing resolution from the starting default it refuses to set at what I tell it to aaaaand the mouse goes all squiffy being squint, being off where I put it over.

Ive tried deleting the local content, my profile and the cfg. The re-installing. Same problem. No idea whats going on because I set it up when I first got it and Crysis and it was running fine.

Im pissed off because I just finished Crysis on Saturday and I want to play Warhead. Stupid fucking PC games.
  • roz123 2 Feb 2009 23:27:29 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    try alt-tabbing a couple of times or alt-enter. Sometimes it starts in full screen but is really in windowed. Thats something i noticed with the game so its the only thing i can think of off the top of my head. Your best off trying steam or crysis specific forums.
  • UncleLou Moderator 2 Feb 2009 23:31:59 35,719 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    try alt-tabbing a couple of times or alt-enter. Sometimes it starts in full screen but is really in windowed. Thats something i noticed with the game so its the only thing i can think of off the top of my head. Your best off trying steam or crysis specific forums.

Yeah, I remember I had that a couple of times (the mouse being off) - although with the original Crysis, not Warhead. Like roz says, alt+enter twice should fix it.

In general though, Crysis can be a bit touchy if you change the settings mid-game. Best do it right when you start in the main menu and/or relaunch it.
  • absolutezero 2 Feb 2009 23:49:17 7,956 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alt+Enter then playing with the CFG sorted everything.
  • absolutezero 8 Feb 2009 15:12:15 7,956 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished it just now.

hmmmm the ending was a bit weak, just walking up the airstrip with the Ex Machina gun killing everything in one hit and then the cut-scene takes over at the end.

Im having a little trouble getting my head round the time line aswell, if all the Psycho stuff is going on when Nomad is doing his thing, how can that general guy be all over the island all the time?
  • Deleted user 28 October 2009 17:04:00
    Ok I bought this of EA (4.99) and it is downloading but there are two files one 6gb the other 7gb, are they just two parts or what? They have the same title and aren't numbered. I ask because together they will take forever, but if one is just extras I will pause it for now as I just want to play the game.
  • Animal 28 Oct 2009 17:24:27 426 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I assume one of them will be Crysis Wars (I think that's what it's called) - The multiplayer bit basically.

I have it on steam and Warhead and Wars are two separate downloads. I couldn't tell you which was which though, sorry.

Edit: Should of clarified - I couldn't tell you which of the two downloads were Wars or Warhead based on their size. ;)
  • khaz 28 Oct 2009 17:28:43 2,817 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Warhead - single player
    Wars - multi player
  • Deleted user 28 October 2009 17:51:23
    Ah cool. The problem is they are both labeled the same with the exception of the bigger file having the symbol and is slightly bigger. Think I'm safe to pause the smaller download for now?
  • bad09 28 Oct 2009 19:01:55 6,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for the bump mowgli, reminded me I need to get Warhead. Thanks also for the awesome 4.99 find! :)
  • Hunam 28 Oct 2009 19:04:26 20,674 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The first one is the Single Player, the one which is a sub branch on the menu is the multiplayer.
  • Deleted user 29 October 2009 09:44:04
    Cheers, that worked and downloaded and installed it this morning. Will download the multiplayer later.

I wasn't expecting this to be such a good game! I thought it was going to be just a graphical showcase, and it is - looks gorgeous on the mbp - but from the 10 minutes I played of it it was bloody good fun as well. Looking forward to getting stuck into it.
  • Mr_Sleep 29 Oct 2009 10:00:54 17,186 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Thanks for the bump mowgli, reminded me I need to get Warhead. Thanks also for the awesome 4.99 find! :)

Same here, cheers Mowgli.

I downloaded it last night. I've decided to start straight on Delta as I played through Crysis on pussy mode. Hopefully it wont be a bad choice.

You are a factory of sadness.

• UncleLou Moderator 29 Oct 2009 10:42:21 35,719 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Hopefully it wont be a bad choice.

No. :)
  • JonFE 29 Oct 2009 10:51:29 1,452 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Ok I bought this of EA (4.99) and it is downloading but there are two files one 6gb the other 7gb, are they just two parts or what? They have the same title and aren't numbered. I ask because together they will take forever, but if one is just extras I will pause it for now as I just want to play the game.

Is that a UK only offer, because browsing the EA Store I found this at 19.99?.?
  • Deleted user 29 October 2009 10:54:13
    Not sure sorry, I'm in the UK so maybe. It was in the EA 5 section.
  • bad09 29 Oct 2009 11:01:00 6,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Phew! Didn't have my card last night so was hoping this wouldn't disappear! Downloading now! :) EAs Store isn't bad on pricing actually.

/ Bookmarks

Oh, I'm UK to so is must be UK only.
  • bad09 29 Oct 2009 11:08:01 6,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    I downloaded it last night. I've decided to start straight on Delta as I played through Crysis on pussy mode. Hopefully it wont be a bad choice.

Yeah Delta for me to, I played Crysis on hard I think, trying to find the time to go through again on delta. Guess that's out the window now!
  • offside5 30 Oct 2009 09:53:55 140 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great price for this game
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Oct 2009 10:04:39 17,186 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Hopefully it wont be a bad choice.

No. :)

I hold you and Whizzo fully responsible if it does turn out to be a bad choice :-P

You are a factory of sadness.

• JonFE 30 Oct 2009 11:06:58 1,452 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thank you both mowgli & bad09. Too bad it's UK-only I would have bought it for a fiver :|
  • Buran 4 Nov 2009 00:35:26 13 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    bad09 wrote:

Same here, cheers Mowgli.

Delta is fine. You'll only find hard opposition against the chopters in the second level and vs the heavy machinegun nests in the 6th level. Most of the 7 levels can be done in a hour and half if you play carefully and in less than 10 minutes if you make a speed run.
  • bad09 9 Nov 2009 21:57:48 6,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Evening all.

A quick question to those who bought the direct download from EA store, I started up Crysis Wars tonight for a quick game to try it out and it asked for my CD key off the back of the box??? (Warhead works fine BTW).

Before I start hassling EA I want to know I'm not doing something silly! Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and Warhead is wicked!

EDIT - Never mind! If anyone else gets stuck though your serial is in your order history on the EA store.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:56:01
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:56:01
    Post deleted
  • Lukus 26 Dec 2012 15:59:18 19,262 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My brother wants to know, is there a way of Playing Crysis Warhead offline?

Paintings & Photographs

• Page

of 9 First / Last