APB : All Points Bulletin

• Page

of 10 First / Last

Previous
  • AllPointsBulletin 2 Jun 2008 14:27:15 2 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi Guys,

I Just wanted to (re)introduce you all to an MMO under development by Realtime worlds that some of you may have heard bits about from GDC or sites, but is still under most peoples radar when it comes to upcoming MMO's.

All Points Bulletin (APB) is a city based community game where players choose between playing the criminals or those out to catch the criminals; carry out or thwart opposed crimes and build up areas of the city you control, all with unprecedented levels of character and vehicle customisation.

Over the coming weeks and months we hope to work with sites such as Eurogamer to bring you guys more information and assets to begin building interest in APB.

To check it out now head on over to our teaser website at www.apb.com.

If you want to meet other fans who are following the development of APB and get more info about the game, feel free to head over to the first APB fansite www.apb-evolved.com.
  • NOSAVIOUR 2 Jun 2008 14:34:24 2,804 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So its not being sold to R* then...

Cant wait for this!!
  • opalw00t 2 Jun 2008 14:36:22 11,169 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think this could be a planet. It's a bit subtle.

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• mingster 2 Jun 2008 14:36:56 3,270 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It actually looks quite interesting.

Makes a change from all the fantasy MMO's.
  • pjmaybe 2 Jun 2008 14:37:24 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you are a planet, rest assured we're already well aware of APB and how loverly it's going to be.

Now if you fancy whoring yourself out with some info & stuff for a bit of freebie coverage elsewhere, PM me :)
  • mcmonkeyplc 2 Jun 2008 14:44:51 39,467 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can I play crackdown in this world and will come with a free beta code for Gears of war 2?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• elredeyegrande 2 Jun 2008 14:49:18 2,382 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is this gonna be sub-based then? If not, I'm looking much forward to it. Crackdown was great, and hopefully this will be too.

Also, who's publishing this now? Didn't they buy it back from some company called Webley Zen (or something along those lines)?
  • Protex 23 Jun 2008 14:49:53 16 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hey guys,

I saw APB in action at a conference last week (Game Horizon in Newcastle) and it looks sweet. The studio head from realtimeworlds was there demoing the character creation process and some of the gameplay and mission aspects.

The character creation is insane, you can pretty much customise anything such as length, style, colour of hair and then add caps or bandanas and stuff. You can also add scars, change the appearance, colour, position, angle and loads of other things to make sure your character is unique.

There also looks to be a full editing studio where you can create your own gang logos, tatoos and graffitti artwork if you want. Some of the examples that were showed were amazing and you can do pretty much the same with the cars. Change the style, add extra bits of kit like NFS (spoilers, rims etc), change the paint job from one-tone to three-tone blended and then stick some spray images on top or your gang signs.

Overall it is starting to look pretty sweet and the good guys vs. bad guys mission matching looks interesting. I can wait to see if they do a Beta and what else they have included.
  • pjmaybe 23 Jun 2008 14:50:38 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Uh oh - more cock-shaped content ahead then...

Sounds good though, keep the information coming.
  • JediMasterMalik 23 Jun 2008 14:51:32 11,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd love to know how the game actually plays, beyond ho it actually looks, which seems to be why everyone is so excited for it.
  • Protex 23 Jun 2008 14:53:48 16 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, they showed a bit of gameplay but didnt actually give a full hands on so that bit everyone is still waiting for. Essentially it looks / feels a bit like Crackdown but with more under the hood and more customisation in a persistent world.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2008 14:56:47
    I'm very interested to see how this develops nearer release, as I liked the ideas that Crackdown introduced.
  • pjmaybe 23 Jun 2008 14:58:02 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Two things will sell this game to me. One, the cost of the sub - if it's anything like WOW's they can keep it

Two - the amount of time you'll need to put into it just to keep your head above water. Any more than a few hours a week and I'll have to pass.

• jellyhead 23 Jun 2008 15:10:33 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The character creation is insane, you can pretty much customise anything such as length, style, colour of hair and then add caps or bandanas and stuff. You can also add scars, change the appearance, colour, position, angle and loads of other things to make sure your character is unique.
    Can you go "Maximum Face"?
    If not then count me out. ;)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• mouse Moderator 23 Jun 2008 15:20:46 10,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really, really excited about this. Definitely the MMO I've been waiting for since forever.
  • DingoScream 24 Jun 2008 01:44:58 91 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks great, Realtime Worlds did wonders with Crackdown, I think the MMO concept will go down a treat, but only if released right before Sony's The Agency (Cause that looks pro too!)
  • Deleted user 24 June 2008 02:18:50
    mouse wrote:
    Really, really excited about this. Definitely the MMO I've been waiting for since forever.
    Where's the gameplay info, then? Not interested in seeing how you customise the look of a character - that's not going to sell a long term investment game to me. Need to see what you actually do in it!
  • Benno 24 Jun 2008 02:26:34 10,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think Age of Conan looks and animates pretty good.
  • steoc4 24 Jun 2008 03:08:47 1,659 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They did show gameplay footage of APB a while ago.

The 'shaft' gameplay video there also shows a bit more on foot stuff.

• mouse Moderator 24 Jun 2008 08:06:56 10,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    mouse wrote:
    Where's the gameplay info, then? Not interested in seeing how you customise the look of a character - that's not going to sell a long term investment game to me. Need to see what you actually do in it!

This:

steoc4 wrote:
    They did show gameplay footage of APB a while ago.

The 'shaft' gameplay video there also shows a bit more on foot stuff.

MMO GTA / Crackdown? Sold.
  • DingoScream 25 Jun 2008 23:35:38 91 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    disc wrote:
    I'd like to see gameplay footage, not convinced that any MMO will ever replicate the action and animation that is possible in a single player game.

Amen, you cant have the same speed operating 1000's of players at once. So unless its very well handled, or only a handful of players fighting on 1 place at 1 time, I aint feeling it
  • Thunderhead 26 Jun 2008 00:03:33 558 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hard to believe I turned down a job offer from RTW this time last year, but to be fair the pay was a bit poop and I'd have had to have moved to Dundee to live.

Dundee, WTF?
  • AllPointsBulletin 4 Jul 2008 16:52:42 2 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Talking of jobs, we have just updated our careers page to include a community officer position, anyone interested please check the link below;

http://www.realtimeworlds.com/index.php?cat=&id=376&pid=5&vacid=256

Cheers

APB Team
  • glaeken 4 Jul 2008 17:00:25 11,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think my main thoughts on APB are hurry up and finish it so you can start work on Crackdown 2 :)

While I am sure APB will be good I really don't want to get into an MMO.
  • Ferral 7 Jul 2008 12:34:05 121 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has this got anything to do with the old APB game where you are a police officer driving about having to arrest different types of criminals?

All updated in 3D etc?
  • Load_2.0 7 Jul 2008 12:43:01 19,440 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I want to be a petty criminal. One that litters and mixes rubbish with recycling. Shoplifts magazines and crisps.
  • Ginger 7 Jul 2008 12:46:16 6,867 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ferral wrote:
    Has this got anything to do with the old APB game where you are a police officer driving about having to arrest different types of criminals?

All updated in 3D etc?
    Everything

London open taekwondo champion

• Ferral 7 Jul 2008 12:49:03 121 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow this is going to be cool, loved the origional and can't wait to see this remake take shape. Definately one to watch to see what they manage to do with it.
  • shamblemonkee 3 Jun 2009 17:26:55 14,481 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trailer looks sweet as. immediate most wanted.
  • brokenkey 3 Jun 2009 18:29:48 7,085 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    Ferral wrote:

All updated in 3D etc?
    Everything

So its a bit like City of Heroes then?

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• Page

of 10 First / Last

Previous