Which country to buy Omega watch from? Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • mattigan 12 Nov 2012 19:02:26 1,429 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have just always loved the Seamaster TBH. Just the simple blue dial and bezel, nothing fancy. Was hoping to drop less than £1500 (in the new year) but prices seem to have risen quite a bit in recent years...

Would consider other options, just want something nice and not too flashy, have never worn any other jewelry apart from a nice pair of glasses, and fancied treating myself. The only stipulation is no leather straps.

I know it's a lot of money, for something that you could get a lot cheaper for the same function. But like any jewelry it's about what its worth/means to the wearer than anyone else.
  • Kostabi 12 Nov 2012 19:23:49 5,101 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have you looked at Oris? Granted they haven't got the kudos of an Omega on your wrist but they're nice pieces and the second hand prices are a lot more reasonable.
  • gamingdave 12 Nov 2012 23:03:36 4,334 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    List price for a Seamaster is around £2400, but I would expect you to be able to get one for £2000 with some haggling. I know of a near mint one going for £1650 but an older model could be had well within budget.

Whilst I did say avoid forums, you could do a lot worse than look on somewhere like tz-uk.com for inspiration. The Friday threads are a good start. Some pieces well out your budget but a lot well within.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next