Studio Ghibli Films Page 3

  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

  • varsas 11 Apr 2009 23:11:07 2,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ooo...cool. I'll record this.
  • localnotail 11 Apr 2009 23:16:28 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    my neighbour Totorro is magical but I think Porco Rosso is my favourite

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • RetardStrong 12 Apr 2009 11:26:06 3,229 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Porco Rosso is awesome indeed.
  • HiddenAway 13 Apr 2009 23:24:46 14,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    No idea :) Haven't seen it myself, and only realised it was on half-hour ago. Just thought I'd pass the word.

    Edit: Damn new page. To reiterate : Tales from Earthsea, 14:25, Film 4 tomorrow (Sun).

    Noooooooooooooo

    I missed it :-(

    When is it next on?

    On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

  • lucky_jim 13 Apr 2009 23:27:14 5,260 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What HiddenAway said. Please tell me they'll show it again soon, Film4 usually do... don't they?
  • HiddenAway 13 Apr 2009 23:32:03 14,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, found it! Thursday 16th April 18:45!

    /Sets reminder to record

    On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

  • lucky_jim 13 Apr 2009 23:37:05 5,260 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    \o/ Thanks HiddenAway!
  • JammyJu 15 Apr 2009 00:47:34 18 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got 7 in my collection so far.

    Best being umm..Princess Mononoke..just, and my least fave being Tales of Earthsea - which looks nice, but devoid of soul.

    They're all generally amazing, Nausicaa, The Cat Returns, Porco Rosso, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbour Totoro (zomg makes me so sad at the end haha) and Kiki's Delivery service - love 'em =]
  • HiddenAway 16 Apr 2009 14:57:56 14,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    solly2 wrote:
    JammyJu wrote:
    I've got 7 in my collection so far.

    Best being umm..Princess Mononoke..just, and my least fave being Tales of Earthsea - which looks nice, but devoid of soul.

    They're all generally amazing, Nausicaa, The Cat Returns, Porco Rosso, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbour Totoro (zomg makes me so sad at the end haha) and Kiki's Delivery service - love 'em =]

    You're missing, The Castle of Cagliostro. Well worth seeing.

    *Reminder that Earthsea is on tonight!

    I loved Cagliostro. Brilliant film.

    On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

  • CosmicFuzz 16 Apr 2009 15:02:18 23,362 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only seen a couple, but Princess Mononoke is my favourite. Fantastic stuff.

    Can video games be a force for good? My latest article says yes!

  • Mageme 16 Apr 2009 15:43:09 1,995 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Earthsea is rubbish. =(

    3DS: 5086-1465-9252

  • hypersp 16 Apr 2009 15:55:17 110 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Only seen a couple, but Princess Mononoke is my favourite. Fantastic stuff.

    agreed havent seen anything better made by them, a womens favourite is howls moving castle ive found
  • localnotail 16 Apr 2009 16:17:11 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hypersp wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Only seen a couple, but Princess Mononoke is my favourite. Fantastic stuff.

    agreed havent seen anything better made by them, a womens favourite is howls moving castle ive found

    ahem. Porco Rosso!

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • Mageme 16 Apr 2009 16:28:16 1,995 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ahem. Laputa!

    3DS: 5086-1465-9252

  • gamecubeisbest 7 Jun 2009 02:20:20 91 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=2843

    Great news. Spirited Away is my most wanted blu-ray film.
  • HiddenAway 18 Jun 2009 06:46:21 14,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Castle of Cagliostro is on at 15:05 today (Film4)

    My Neighbour Totoro is on this Saturday (20th June) at 15:10 (also on Film4)

    On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

  • warlockuk 18 Jun 2009 07:33:26 19,134 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mageme wrote:
    ahem. Laputa!
    Aka the one they ruined by remaking the English dub :)

    I'm a grumpy bastard.

  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 07:35:51
    I've got and watched all of them, but... I've never watched The Little Norse Prince all the way through. Just can't manage it. I have vague memories of a bad hangover and trying to finish it, but am sure I failed.
  • Mageme 18 Jun 2009 08:43:01 1,995 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Mageme wrote:
    ahem. Laputa!
    Aka the one they ruined by remaking the English dub :)

    Watch the original Japanese version, innit?

    /starts war (again) on subs vs dubs

    3DS: 5086-1465-9252

  • localnotail 10 Aug 2009 16:31:39 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    do you love Totoro as much as my mate?

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • Raiko101 10 Aug 2009 17:07:43 6,097 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My favourite Ghibli film has to be Graveyard of the Fireflies. The closest any movie has ever come to making me cry. Depressing, but an amazing piece of work.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • BravoGolf Moderator 10 Aug 2009 17:22:16 12,740 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    My favourite Ghibli film has to be Graveyard of the Fireflies. The closest any movie has ever come to making me cry. Depressing, but an amazing piece of work.

    Quite right, amazing movie.
  • presh 10 Aug 2009 17:41:40 1,221 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    do you love Totoro as much as my mate?

    Is that his back? That's a big tattoo that he won't regret in later life... no sireee...
  • Feanor 10 Aug 2009 18:16:09 14,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Whisper of the Heart is a really sweet film. Have to watch The Cat Returns next.
  • localnotail 10 Aug 2009 19:08:08 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    presh wrote:
    localnotail wrote:
    do you love Totoro as much as my mate?

    Is that his back? That's a big tattoo that he won't regret in later life... no sireee...

    yep, that's his back. And it's about the 5th one he has. I don't think he'll regret it.

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • Ged42 17 Dec 2009 23:24:21 7,704 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sure if this is old, but Studio Ghibli's next film is going to be an adaptation of The Borrowers under the title of Karagurashi no Arrietty. (The Borrower Arrietty)
  • Ka-blamo 17 Dec 2009 23:28:20 7,295 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BravoGolf wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    My favourite Ghibli film has to be Graveyard of the Fireflies. The closest any movie has ever come to making me cry. Depressing, but an amazing piece of work.

    Quite right, amazing movie.

    Oh...I cried, Only movie I have.

    ;_;
  • PinkSpider 18 Dec 2009 00:22:44 3,346 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    hypersp wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Only seen a couple, but Princess Mononoke is my favourite. Fantastic stuff.

    agreed havent seen anything better made by them, a womens favourite is howls moving castle ive found

    ahem. Porco Rosso!
    I found it was Spirited Away.

    Mine (as a man) is Princess Mononoke (being my first and shockingly I'd only bought it because it was the last anime in the shop and I'd never heard of Ghibli). Second being Spirited Away.

    As for Nausicaa, did not like the film after reading the excellent books!
  • mal 18 Dec 2009 01:15:03 22,341 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Princess Mononoke for me too, and it was also my first Ghibli. Then, if I'm honest, there's quite a big gap to the rest. There's not really a bad ghibli, but there are massive flaws in all of the other films (but different in each case). Mononoke has flaws too (mainly that the plot's confusing in a few places), but given the epic storyline, I'll forgive it.

    Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

Log in or register to reply