WTF GTA 4 in 30 hours?! (achievement)

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • esxboy 16 May 2008 00:40:56 2 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    complette story missions in under 30 hours, what??? what if i wana go roun shootin pigeons n hobos for a few hours? how long does all the mission take without failin any way? i only realised the achievement recently and iv just finished to photoshoot mission n iv played for 12 hours, do i have enough time to finish? without gettin side tracked by races or goin on tours etc...
  • morriss 16 May 2008 00:41:20 70,748 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    stop now.
  • Arcadiian 16 May 2008 00:45:02 830 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did you buy GTA IV to enjoy the game, or for the achievement?
  • Psychotext 16 May 2008 00:46:21 52,768 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's just for the main story. Not that hard to do.
  • manuel_garcia 16 May 2008 00:53:33 4,079 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's very easy to do if you use the taxi service a lot. I clocked just under 25 hours to finish the story missions in the end.
  • catterz 16 May 2008 00:54:33 8,763 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I did it in 29 hours.

I have no friends.

Both in game and in real life.

Still stalking this place, old-school style (UID: 1053)

• meggsy 16 May 2008 01:06:28 1,628 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hah, first time I played through - took my time, soaked up the story, dabbled in extra stuff and finished the story in 45+ hours.

Then, wanting to get the achievement, and a clean 100%, I played through the story again, completing it in just over 15 hours.

According to the Socialclub site one person has have completed the story in 9 hours dead, so the 30 hour achievement is perfectly possible.

3DS: 3454-0647-5991

• Benno 16 May 2008 01:19:55 9,386 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    did it all in 19 hours but i was grinding missions so i could play online without some twat ruining the story

its what you do with gta games, complete you story first, then mince around with all the extra stuff
  • Deleted user 16 May 2008 11:23:10
    fuck the 30hr achievement! ... i want the 'kill a rockstar employee' online achievement =D
  • TechnoHippy 16 May 2008 11:25:01 14,636 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    catterz wrote:
    I did it in 29 hours.

I have no friends.

Real life I can understand, but a friendly Rasta arms dealer is a must for any citizen :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Lexx87 16 May 2008 11:30:17 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Techno Hippy wrote:
    catterz wrote:
    I did it in 29 hours.

I have no friends.

Real life I can understand, but a friendly Rasta arms dealer is a must for any citizen :-)

It's actually much quicker if you get him as a friend and you get the guns

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 16 May 2008 11:31:51
    I did it in 48 minutes, and that includes the time it took to reheat the pizza.
  • delbert 16 May 2008 11:40:33 2,888 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Its a bad achievement in my opinion as most well crafted achievements are there to make sure you get the most out of a game but to force people to speed through a sandbox game is just silly..
  • Lexx87 16 May 2008 11:41:54 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But why does it make you speedthrough a sandbox game? The whole game is open to you once you finish the missions, it becomes all completely totally sandbox. What's the problem?

Speak the truth hussy!

• delbert 16 May 2008 11:44:00 2,888 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But one of the draws of GTA (to me anyway) has been that I can go through the story at my own pace, stop and do some sandboxing inbetween missions, it just feels less real if you leave it all to the end after the story...

edit: I know its just an achievement but to me in a sandbox game its a bad one
  • Lexx87 16 May 2008 11:47:04 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Lexx: Because there are always multiple missions that are opened and closed throughout the story. Surely you lose them as you progress if you focus on the main story.

:p

Speak the truth hussy!

• glaeken 16 May 2008 11:52:40 10,974 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is stupid achievement and I will not even be thinking about trying to get it. I am taking my time and enjoying the game at my own pace.
  • Aretak 16 May 2008 11:56:55 10,329 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    This is stupid achievement and I will not even be thinking about trying to get it. I am taking my time and enjoying the game at my own pace.
    Serious achievement whores and people who simply really like the game will just play through it a second time to get the achievement. I played through Eternal Sonata twice to get all of its achievements thanks to the fact I adored the game.
  • PazJohnMitch 16 May 2008 11:57:13 7,242 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kind of on topic, maybe...

Does the PS3 version have anything like Achievements or does it use the same sort of progress goals that GTA3, VC and SA had?

If it is the later does the 100% list cover the 360s Achievements? So if a 360 owner is boasting about earning Achievement X can a PS3 owner say I did that too and then show proof of a different kind?

Also noticed that MP3 on Wii kind of had Achievements in it.
  • Aretak 16 May 2008 12:01:30 10,329 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Does the PS3 version have anything like Achievements or does it use the same sort of progress goals that GTA3, VC and SA had?
    Just various progress percentages. It was rumoured that it would feature Home trophies, but since Home is a giant mess that's still not been released that didn't come to fruition.
  • SomaticSense 16 May 2008 12:24:35 7,040 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    delbert wrote:
    Its a bad achievement in my opinion as most well crafted achievements are there to make sure you get the most out of a game but to force people to speed through a sandbox game is just silly..

Fuck them then, quite frankly.

If they want to be stupid enough to sacrifice the opportunity to immerse themselves properly in the story and the world by going for a few more (pointless) gamerpoints, then that's their choice and their loss.

If possibly missing out on those points cuts you up, then play through the story again in a few months time at a rapid pace. It's not like the game is that much torture to play through.....
  • Peew971 16 May 2008 12:56:21 4,645 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    delbert wrote:
    But one of the draws of GTA (to me anyway) has been that I can go through the story at my own pace, stop and do some sandboxing inbetween missions, it just feels less real if you leave it all to the end after the story...
    I totally agree with this. Completing the story quickly and do the rest afterwards just doesn't make much sense to me. I've played for around 55 hrs now and haven't completed the story. However, I've done a lot of stuff in between missions and find the game more enjoyable that way.
    I've read somewhere that for this achievement the game wasn't taking into account the whole time but just the time for the main missions. If not, screw it, I'd rather enjoy the game at my own pace rather than rush into it for an achievement.
  • Hunam 16 May 2008 13:04:52 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can just imagine the rockstar employee one:

"Hi, im actually from rockstar, how you guys liking the game?"
    "It's great, what did you do on the game?"
    "Oh, me, I did some mission design"
    "Oh, what missions"
    "A few actually, including 3 leaf clover"
    /all players point gun at employee and just ventilate him
  • Peew971 16 May 2008 13:12:53 4,645 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I passed the 3 leaf clover mission on my 3rd try. It's a great mission, reminded me Kane & Lynch. Not too easy but as long as you don't let the 2 guys get too far ahead and you take cover to shoot the cops, you should be fine. Also, the machine gun is your best friend on this, since it deals quickly with enemies.
  • Hunam 16 May 2008 13:14:02 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've done the mission. But there was bugs and all sorts and its just very punishing.
  • Socrates 16 May 2008 14:16:02 71 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Microsoft has turned a lot of gamers in achievementwhores and -rentboys.

Achievementless games on XBOX360 would be so much more relaxing, forget about achievements if I'm playing a game I want to escape from the daily hassle of work and study which are achievementdriven.
  • PazJohnMitch 16 May 2008 14:33:03 7,242 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Socrates wrote:
    Microsoft has turned a lot of gamers in achievementwhores and -rentboys.

Achievementless games on XBOX360 would be so much more relaxing, forget about achievements if I'm playing a game I want to escape from the daily hassle of work and study which are achievementdriven.

I myself like a bit of a mixture. Firstly I play the game for fun. Then if it was good I might go back and do a few achievements if I want to continue playing after the end of the game.

I certainly will not be trying to get this achievement on my first playthrough of GTAIV. But if I liked the game enough I might do a speed run as a second playthrough.
  • Madder-Max 16 May 2008 15:21:52 11,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Peew971 wrote:
    I think I passed the 3 leaf clover mission on my 3rd try. It's a great mission, reminded me Kane & Lynch. Not too easy but as long as you don't let the 2 guys get too far ahead and you take cover to shoot the cops, you should be fine. Also, the machine gun is your best friend on this, since it deals quickly with enemies.

Nah. Grenades are your friend (in the tunnel) as is Kiki.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• jellyhead 16 May 2008 15:27:08 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My mate did GTAIV in 16 hours 35 minutes.
    I'm the only one of his friends who appreciates his achievement, everyone else is sick of it. :)

I'm going round tomorrow to session stunts and pigeons. :)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• DeltaBravoNiner 16 May 2008 15:51:58 631 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I dont care much for Achievements... Gamer Points and the likes. I like running people over, slapping ho's and pistol whipping cheeky fekers that threaten to break my legs as I walk (barge) past them. If I get an achievement pop up, my usual reaction is "meh!"

I for one will not even be contemplating going for this, but thats just me. :D
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous