• Page

of 61 First / Last

Previous
  • Quint2020 15 May 2008 14:14:23 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EG Group, please join

~Lutz

Really excited about this one, it's a Diablo II style Action/RPG coming on November 7th to the Xbox 360, PC and PS3.

4 player online co-op (up to 16 on the PC) and 2 player local co-op for the consoles.

Links:

Official site

Part One and Two of a developer interview over at GamePro with details on gameplay and features.
  • Quint2020 29 Aug 2008 10:55:02 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New GC impressions over at Kotaku and Gamespot.

Looking good!
  • Quint2020 3 Sep 2008 09:43:27 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm getting the feeling nobody cares but here is a new video, recorded at GC, shows off the 360 version of the game including the local co-op.
  • Deleted user 3 September 2008 10:03:20
    Looking kinda sharp but they really need to fix that tearing and slowdown. The scrolling is very juddery. Which imo isn't really good enough for this kind of game, it's really about time this sort of thing is smooth as silk.
  • Quint2020 3 Sep 2008 10:09:11 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I must admit I didn't really see too much slow down but I agree with the tearing issue (even if I have seen a lot worse on some retail games), it's actually already been addressed on the official Xbox forums, apparently that's an older build of the 360 version and a lot of those issues have been ironed out on later releases.

Either way I don't think it's something that would stop me picking this up, me and a mate of mine used to play Diablo II over his LAN back in the day (good times) and we're hoping it will be just like that, only on a comfy sofa.
  • Deleted user 3 September 2008 10:12:26
    I'm pretty certain it'll be better than Two Human. I like the nice touch of the scenery being "blended out" if it covers the action as well! As for claims of things being fixed, I think most of us have heard them about so many "early builds" to know to take them with a pinch of salt until the final code's been seen.

I'll watch it with interest. The early screens really put a lot of people off, iirc.
  • Deleted user 3 September 2008 10:13:06
    Ouch. Vertical tearing? Wow.

Well as long as that gets fixed. This is a loot 'em up?
  • Quint2020 3 Sep 2008 10:16:11 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh, if it's better than Too Human with local co-op and 4 player co-op over Live I'll be happy, I'm actually really enjoying Too Human at the minute.

I think you're right about those early screens, it was really strange, EG's first preview said it looked phenomenal but the screenshots included in the article were underwhelming to say the least.
  • UncleLou Moderator 3 Sep 2008 10:16:58 35,606 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    The early screens really put a lot of people off, iirc.

Yeah - there was always a remarkable discrepancy between gaming sites (including EG) gushing about the graphics, and the actual, rather mediocre screenshots - but while I still don't like the style, the latest trailer(s) look like it could be a lot of fun.

edit:

What Quint said. :)
  • Quint2020 3 Sep 2008 10:18:01 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    N@ wrote:
    Ouch. Vertical tearing? Wow.

Well as long as that gets fixed. This is a loot 'em up?

Bear in mind that is recorded on a video cam so some of the tearing could be attributed to that.

And yes it's very much a hack and slash action/RPG with lots of loot in the same vein as the Diablo series.
  • Venkman90 6 Sep 2008 22:45:48 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm awaiting this with baited breath, one of the things my 360 lacks is a loot crawl (not into Too Human despite wanting to love it)
  • Quint2020 12 Sep 2008 11:26:12 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh dear, looks like this is going to get crushed (especially on the 360) date for all versions has been confirmed to be November 7th (October 2nd on PC in Germany).

That's a horrible time to release this, it's the same day as Gears of War for god's sake.
  • michaelius 12 Sep 2008 12:06:59 809 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And ?
    Not everyone wants GoW 2.
    And still most sales will be pc version anyway - it's Diablo clone and most demography for such titles is on PC.
  • Lexx87 12 Sep 2008 12:14:01 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still never know on games like this whether to go for the PC or 360 version. Depends what you guys get I guess.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Quint2020 12 Sep 2008 12:15:52 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    michaelius wrote:
    And ?
    Not everyone wants GoW 2.
    And still most sales will be pc version anyway - it's Diablo clone and most demography for such titles is on PC.

Oh I appreciate that but I don't know about you but I'd love to see more games of this style appear on my system of choice and if this bombs it's not exactly a positive message to would be publishers is it?
  • Quint2020 22 Sep 2008 12:16:09 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Quint2020 23 Sep 2008 11:08:58 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The PC version of Sacred 2 has officially gone gold
  • Quint2020 24 Sep 2008 10:08:16 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PC Demo available now, German only I'm afraid but hopefully some German speakers can give us some impressions and the rest of us will just have to pretend we understand what the quest givers are going on about :).

Downloadable here.

I've not been able to try it as my PC is virtually steam powered at this point, but according to people on the Official Sacred 2 PC Forums it's a decent length.

One thing to note is that some of the voices have been removed from side quest givers to keep the size of the demo down.
  • UncleLou Moderator 24 Sep 2008 10:31:15 35,606 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oooooh, thanks a lot for the heads up! Will try this tonight, and post some impressions.
  • Quint2020 24 Sep 2008 10:49:59 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Oooooh, thanks a lot for the heads up! Will try this tonight, and post some impressions.

No problem dude.

Yeah let us know what you think, I need some co-op dungeon crawling action!
  • Quint2020 24 Sep 2008 12:28:25 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks like I missed a preview from earlier this month over at Team Xbox, still sounding fantastic.
  • Lexx87 24 Sep 2008 12:41:07 20,863 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maaaan, no time for this either :(

Speak the truth hussy!

• Midian 24 Sep 2008 12:49:39 89 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    pleasedontbeshitpleasedontbeshitpleasedontbeshit

Sacred is one of my favouritist games evah - Great Diablo-ish game with a nice sense of humour, and (for the time) great graphics (I think it still looks great). I don't want to sound like a PC troll (but I'm going to, so ner) but I hope they haven't "broken" it to fit it on a console. Of course, on the other hand, getting it to work on a console may mean the interface is all streamlined and easy as opposed to making your eyes melt trying to read all the ickle text.

/crosses fingers and toes
  • Quint2020 24 Sep 2008 12:57:34 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apparently as far as content and graphics are concerned the PC and Console versions are identical, but they have totally different interfaces, the way to go when doing games on both platforms imo, the interfaces are even being worked on by two separate teams.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2008 12:58:41
    I really hope the video that was posted up on xbl was a very early one. This sounds tremendous.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2008 13:17:15
    This looks good but, c'mon, BLIND FECKIN'' GUARDIAN ? Couldn't they have chosen something MORE kitschy ?Not everyone is 15 years old...This falls into the stereotype "metal-heads like fantasy stuff" and i hate stereotypes...

Also, sorry, but the 1st Sacred had better artwork lads, what the heck is wrong?There's an Anubis robot-like character with a hand that shoots FECKING LAZER!!!! FECKING LAZER I TELLZ YA !!!

Anyway, i hope that the game will turn out to be good on the 360 and that it won't need 34254 patches on the first week of release (like the 1st Sacred on PC).

Action rpgs/loot 'em ups are always welcome in my gaming library...

ps: i love the CAPS key
  • UncleLou Moderator 24 Sep 2008 13:19:14 35,606 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't know, I found the artwork of the first Sacred just as terrible. Don't really care that much and look forward to it, anyway, mind, but it's not a beauty, artistically. :)
  • Deleted user 24 September 2008 13:23:11
    UncleLou wrote:
    I don't know, I found the artwork of the first Sacred just as terrible. Don't really care that much and look forward to it, anyway, mind, but it's not a beauty, artistically. :)

Right mate, it's not like the 1st one had a "good" artwork, thing is, it was still better than this kitsch-athon :)

Yes, i know, it's not like we play loot 'em ups for their story and/or artwork but still...
  • Quint2020 24 Sep 2008 14:13:01 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lol the Blind Guardian stuff was funny I thought, the actual in-game music sounds lovely though so I can't say it bothers me, apparently you can collect all of the band member's instruments in-game (they're all fantasy stylized to look a bit like weapons) and if you get them the band will show up and play the song, funny stuff, cool idea for an easter egg though.

The art style is ok, I've seen a lot better but I can't say it bothers me that much, the reason the Seraphim and the Temple Guardian have futuristic weapons is because they're from teh future (I think).
  • UncleLou Moderator 24 Sep 2008 20:49:59 35,606 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    First quick impressions:

It looks a bit shit. I always wondered about the gushing praise of the graphics in previews, but did think the latest shots/trailers looked better - it's miles behind Titan Quest though, which is now 2 years old, and the bland artstyle doesn't help. Neither does the completely horrible (German) voiceacting, nor the fact that everything further than 5 metres away is disappearing is some sort of fog, obviously to keep the framerate up (though it's smooth enough).

Camera perspective also is a bit shit - it's too steep, no matter what - again to keep the framerate up, I guess.

Not really impressed so far, although the combat basics feel alright, and the talent trees look reasonably complex.
  • Page

of 61 First / Last

Previous