Anyone fed up with no Oblivion DLC

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • henners123 15 May 2008 10:13:30 9 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have got just the standerd oblivion game not GOTY, I really want to play the shivering isles but have been waiting for months. Does anyone no if it is coming out on PSN. If not will my game saves work with the GOTY. Is anyone else feeling like me?
  • Darren 15 May 2008 12:10:15 8,939 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Typical SCEE really, sadly...

The US got the Shivering Isles download before Christmas and over four months on we're still waiting for it despite the fact that it has already been released as part of the GOTY disc edition. There was a trailer for it on the UK PS Store a month or two back so it is obviously coming out... eventually! What's the excuse for the delay? God knows... it's just SCEE being incompetent as per usual if you ask me...

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Dante_Cubit 15 May 2008 12:11:24 1,928 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SCEE are cunts who treat their customers with contempt. You should be well aware of this by now.
  • Darren 15 May 2008 12:35:59 8,939 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SCEE can't even use the usual excuse of the developers having to translate the game into multiple European languages either since it is already out on disc over here. So I can't imagine what their excuse would actually be. I'm sure they've got one though... LOL

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Deleted user 15 May 2008 12:36:51
    It could already be on that shambloically made store and you've just not noticed it.
  • Aretak 15 May 2008 12:37:37 10,366 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    boabg wrote:
    It could already be on that shambloically made store and you've just not noticed it.
    The new store is awesome. What's your issue with it?
  • Deleted user 15 May 2008 12:38:51
    yes. your game saves will work with the GotY edition. mine do. :)
  • Deleted user 15 May 2008 12:39:42
    Aretak wrote:
    boabg wrote:
    The new store is awesome. What's your issue with it?

Just joshing chief. It's much better than it used to be apart from nowhere for demos and having to "mouseover" all the empty squares to see whats actually on it.

Do game addons have their own section?

• Dante_Cubit 15 May 2008 12:44:37 1,928 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    SCEE can't even use the usual excuse of the developers having to translate the game into multiple European languages either since it is already out on disc over here. So I can't imagine what their excuse would actually be. I'm sure they've got one though... LOL

It is going to be a flagship release next year...
  • Widge Moderator 15 May 2008 13:46:40 13,697 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't care about SI, I DO care about all the other DLC that is out there though. Mainly because the GOTY has a game killing bug that causes the vampirism cure quest to break, the only way to fix is either to have a copy of the old game to get past a certain section or to have certain DLC present that kicks the scripting off. Dire.

I wouldn't point the finger at Sony though, more like Bethseda. They frankly give off the aura of not caring once a game is released. I mean where is the patch for PS3 GOTY owners?! You shouldn't have to wait for the DLC or need a copy of vanilla Oblivion. But no, the only people who are getting patches are the PC owners who are actively fixing the game for Bethesda by using the TES Construction kit. I think the only thing they are caring about is putting time into Fallout 3.

If it was a small niggle, then fair play, but its a huge gaffe in the game. Awful support.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Aretak 15 May 2008 13:51:39 10,366 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    boabg wrote:
    Do game addons have their own section?
    They do, yes.
  • mikeck 15 May 2008 15:25:15 1,936 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guys this is not a SCEE issue, unfortunately this has more to do with Bethesda Software and not being able to play nice...
  • mikeck 15 May 2008 15:26:20 1,936 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Darren wrote:

There was a trailer for it on the UK PS Store a month or two back so it is obviously coming out... eventually!

Which was removed after a week...that didn't ring any alarm bells then?
  • OnlyMe 15 May 2008 15:40:35 3,104 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm a little disappointed with the lack of expansions for Oblivion in general. I mean, Morrowind got at least two major expansion packs - the Knights of the Nine wasn't much of an expansion pack for Oblivion so we only really got a proper expansion pack in Shivering Isles (which I've yet to play, unfortunately).

It makes me sad that I'll have to wait so long for another chapter in the Elder Scrolls series. I want another completely free-roaming massive rpg like that, but there are no (good) alternatives. They should keep the ES series alive by releasing expansions (and not just a new sword/horse/nose) until a few months before ES5 comes out.
  • Widge Moderator 15 May 2008 15:56:31 13,697 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What Beths really need to do is open up the ability to have mods on the PS3, as with Unreal Tournament 3.

Not only is some of the PC content rather bloody amazing, but the fact that the modders have been fixing the game because Beths can't be arsed to is also a bonus.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Page

of 1

Previous Next