Finding Wii Fit

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • secombe 30 Apr 2008 13:00:15 1,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Couldn't find a thread on this, but is anyone seriously struggling to track it down?

At lunchtime today I tried:

Argos
    Tesco
    Asda
    Woolworths
    WH Smith
    Gamestation
    Game
    Local Indie
    Blockbuster

All out of stock, Gamestation were not doing a 'pre-order' list and had no idea when stock would be in, but did point me to their website where they have it in stock...with a Wii...for 250. Game looked promising, "pre-order now" stickers on the boxes, so I asked to pre-order and they said they were not accepting pre-orders as they had no idea when they would get another delivery.

Even though I spent literally seconds in each store I overheard numerous requests for it (and GTA4, for that matter) so clearly demand is massive.

So, any tips?! Tried everywhere online obviously and nobody is taking pre-orders. I'm sure just last week Nintendo of Europe said they were working closely with retail partners to ensure they were kept up to date with the stock situation at all times. Riiiiiight.
  • PazJohnMitch 30 Apr 2008 13:02:11 7,249 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got mine from Blockbuster in Bayswater (London) they had loads of copies on Friday.
  • secombe 30 Apr 2008 13:03:25 1,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Got mine from Blockbuster in Bayswater (London) they had loads of copies on Friday.

That was before all the kids got it at the weekend!

Wasn't expecting to get it yet but got a small bonus on Monday which will just about pay for it :)
  • smugla 30 Apr 2008 13:07:28 2,018 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    its in stock in argos east ham and Dalston

just do a online stock check and reserve it
  • secombe 30 Apr 2008 13:08:59 1,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smugla wrote:
    its in stock in argos east ham and Dalston

just do a online stock check and reserve it

I have, nowhere within a 30 mile radius of where I'm based (I didn't look any further!).
  • mrpon 30 Apr 2008 13:11:40 27,645 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Here help?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• smugla 30 Apr 2008 13:12:55 2,018 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    keep trying argos
    its best to try first thing in the mornining 7 am as some people reserve things and dont pick them up and they go back in stock the next day
  • Paukl 30 Apr 2008 13:14:37 136 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I found one!

It was in my lounge next to my TV.
  • rutter 30 Apr 2008 13:16:23 1,919 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My local (stevenage) ToysRus had them in on Saturday when I popped in there.
  • SlackMaster 30 Apr 2008 13:16:48 3,132 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you live in London just go to a shitty area that has a Gamestation and they're bound to have stock.

My local Gamestation did last time I checked. If they have it in tomorrow then I think I'll pick it up.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• jonsaan 30 Apr 2008 13:19:28 25,249 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gamestation are hopeless. They seem to have a complete inability to predict demand on key titles.

FCUTA!

• secombe 30 Apr 2008 13:19:54 1,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I live in Wiltshire. Just quite annoying that you can't at least 'pre-order' in any stores (particuarly GAME who claim you can), just means the gits who work shifts / don't work are able to get them before me!

I don't blame Gamestation (although I agree in part, they are hopeless when it comes to stock of pretty much anything!) as demand has clearly outstripped supply everywhere, just why not offer 10 deposit reservations, even if only valid for 24hrs of delivery.
  • gang_of_bitches 30 Apr 2008 13:22:12 4,932 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't even find it slightly attractive.
  • TheBear 30 Apr 2008 13:25:18 4,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    gang_of_bitches wrote:
    I don't even find it slightly attractive.

I bet all the girls feel the same way about you.
  • warlockuk 30 Apr 2008 15:00:41 19,101 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My local Argos still has 'em. 70, mind

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Deleted user 30 April 2008 22:30:09
    warlockuk wrote:
    My local Argos still has 'em. 70, mind

No.
  • Oh-Bollox 30 Apr 2008 22:41:42 5,094 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Try your local Morrisons.

70 seems steep for a game you'll play for a fortnight and never go back to.

Pay 70 for what? Everyone knows there are no games for the Wii. And even if there were, no-one is buying them. It's all a Nintendoite conspiracy.
  • secombe 1 May 2008 08:02:07 1,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maps wrote:
    70 seems steep for a game you'll play for a fortnight and never go back to. Unless I'm missing something?

I'm guessing you were one of the ones that said this about the Wii itself (or DS), yet I'm quite happily still playing mine and have been since launch.

I still play on Wii Sports an awful lot, so I've no reason to believe I won't be spending a lot of time on this. The fact that me and my partner both want it equally means it should be 70 well spent. Never mind the fact that the balance board can/should be put to good use in future games.
  • TheBear 1 May 2008 09:51:58 4,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maps wrote:
    Unless I'm missing something?

Yes you are.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 May 2008 10:26:00 7,249 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    Try your local Morrisons.

70 seems steep for a game you'll play for a fortnight and never go back to.

Pay 70 for what? Everyone knows there are no games for the Wii. And even if there were, no-one is buying them. It's all a Nintendoite conspiracy.

Maps: 70 is indeed a lot for a game you will play and never return to. However if you are like me and a little overweight and living in London a single payment of 70 is less than a months membership to a gym. And if you care about getting into shape then it is not going to be abandoned.

Oh-Bollox: Fitting name. Like Aspic I have tonnes of conspiracies. About 14 I think for the Wii. And to really fuck with your head I also have a 360 and decided to by Wii-fit instead of GTA IV this month.
  • eviltwin 1 May 2008 15:05:07 408 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there any reason why you can't import from Amazon Germany or France?

Both have them in stock at the equivalent of 70.

What I need to know is, is the game multi language?
  • dr_swin 1 May 2008 16:39:39 4,824 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    you can have mine. I'll even through in some verrucas free of charge.
  • Heitzu 1 May 2008 17:40:18 1,157 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Here help?

I used this today and it found me one, so hopefully I'll get it next week some time.
  • Ezriforever 1 May 2008 18:09:08 6 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    eviltwin wrote:
    Is there any reason why you can't import from Amazon Germany or France?

Both have them in stock at the equivalent of 70.

What I need to know is, is the game multi language?

Hi,

I ordered mine from Amazon.de this week, delivery date is May 3rd (Sat), so realistically won't get it til after the bank holiday. :(

But it worked out around 75, which included delivery. They have loads of stock.

Read this blog post to see how easy it is to do.

http://www.howaboutawii.com

I've previously bought games from Europe and they work fine. It's the console that sets the language. :)
  • secombe 1 May 2008 22:12:11 1,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heitzu wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Here help?

I used this today and it found me one, so hopefully I'll get it next week some time.

Fair play! I looked at it whenever I could today (the email updates don't seem to work) which must have been 15-20 times, but never saw any stock, Dixons were the only ones that appeared that I noticed but that lasted for a whole 2 minutes!
  • secombe 2 May 2008 09:53:44 1,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ever think it's just not going to happen?! Got on GAME at 9:30 this morning, had all my details saved correctly, managed to bag one, got to the final 'Confirm Order' bit of the checkout then after 5 minutes I got a message saying it had Sold Out, eh?!

So tried Dixons and had pretty much had the same problem, got one but it fell over on the final bit of the checkout.

EDIT:

...and despite my order not going through on GAME and Dixons I just got an order confirmation email...from both of them! Arrrrgggghhhh!
  • FabricatedLunatic 2 May 2008 10:05:09 12,955 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just nabbed one at GAME as well. That's my Mum's birthday present sorted :-)

I didn't think it was going to happen because the site collapsed under the weight of so many fatties attempting to check out at the same time :p
  • Oh-Bollox 2 May 2008 12:15:41 5,094 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My local GAME are only selling them to pretty girls who bat their eyelids at the shop manager.

Thank fuck I bought one earlier.
  • Sysagent 2 May 2008 12:25:01 5 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Woolworths have them in Saint Annes on the Sea (Lancs)

Just bought two of them, they had about eight left, had a delivery of eighteen this morning...
  • rutter 14 May 2008 09:54:39 1,919 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, my wife has decided she'd quite like wii-fit - just as nowhere in the entire universe has them in stock!

Has anyone seen any anywhere in Hertfordshire at all?
    Or online (for the correct RRP)?
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous