Games you're supposed to like but don't

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • SlackMaster 29 Apr 2008 15:23:00 3,132 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what classic or AAA titles can't you stand that everone else tends to love? Anything new or retro.

I never got on with any of the GTA games, Metroid Prime, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy or COD.

Does this kinda thing make you less of a gamer?

/Assumes everyone will now ignore this post.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• Deleted user 29 April 2008 15:23:56
    You have no taste.
  • Dante_Cubit 29 Apr 2008 15:24:13 1,842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:
    So what classic or AAA titles can't you stand that everone else tends to love? Anything new or retro.

I never got on with any of the GTA games, Metroid Prime, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy or COD.

Does this kinda thing make you less of a gamer?

/Assumes everyone will now ignore this post.

Yes.
  • LeoliansBro 29 Apr 2008 15:24:50 41,872 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GoW

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Murbal 29 Apr 2008 15:24:56 21,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /awaits 'games you're not supposed to like but do'
  • CosmicFuzz 29 Apr 2008 15:25:45 21,252 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's quite a list of games you didn't get on with!

And more to the point: exceedingly amazing games you didn't get on with :-P

I don't like the PGR series that much, I suppose.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• seasidebaz 29 Apr 2008 15:25:59 6,126 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i hated halo3.

i also hated cod2, but loved cod3 and cod4.

mario kart 64 was shite, too. i was always a follower of the snes version, and thought they tinkered too much for the n64 version.

edit: oh, yeah, and gears of war. bloody hated that with a vengeance.
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Apr 2008 15:27:49 7,278 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Never liked it.

Also did not get into Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, Grandius V, Devil May Cry 3 or Loco Roco and I thought that Katamari Damacy was a bit of a gimic despite really enjoying it.
  • kentmonkey 29 Apr 2008 15:28:32 20,082 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really didn't like Zelda Twilight Princess as much as I should. It also lasted too long in my book, it far outstayed its welcome.

Other than that, never really been a fan of the GTA series. I admire them, but don't actually 'enjoy' them, in all honesty, and some of the gameplay mechanics are things I find most annoying. The new one is tempting though.
  • Deleted user 29 April 2008 15:28:50
    I'd say Halo, but you're talking about AAA games so I guess that it doesn't count anyway.

But personally I'm not a big fan of any of the Resi Evils. Yes, including 4.
  • Killerbee 29 Apr 2008 15:29:00 5,016 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Viewtiful Joe - just far too hardcore for me, even on "kids" setting.

Sonic - The problem with these games is that I usually really love the early (easy) levels, but get incredibly frustrated by the leap-of-faith design once you get towards the end.

Halo - just... meh.

Final Fantasy XII - some people say this is the best of the series, but I absolutely hated it. Interminably dull battles. Give me FFX's turn-based play any day.
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2008 15:29:04 55,912 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Patapon. Metal Gear Solid 2+3, especially portable Ops.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 29 April 2008 15:29:07
    GTA IV.

Seriously, really really bored already. No missions cropping up, buggy as fuck (can't save, can't trigger Roman missions, can't collect girlfriend when I go to her house after arranging a date), generally a bit tedious.

Yes, I went there.
  • SlackMaster 29 Apr 2008 15:29:34 3,132 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Also did not get into Killer 7...

You're not alone there. I load up Killer 7 then was like, where the fuck is the game?

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• Dante_Cubit 29 Apr 2008 15:29:40 1,842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why is it considered great to be a 'gamer'? Look, if you enjoy a game, play it - if you don't, then don't. You won't get a medal for playing games you don't like and it is time you will want back when you are old. Likes and dislikes are subjective. What the hell does it really matter if you don't like a game that is popular? I fucking hate 99% of tv and millions of plebs watch it religiously...
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Apr 2008 15:30:25 7,278 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Leolian'sBro wrote:
    GoW

Gears of God?
  • Deleted user 29 April 2008 15:30:30
    ICO, Metal Gears 2 and 3, Mass Effect, Halo 3.
  • Kitt-FDUK 29 Apr 2008 15:32:28 395 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dunno but it is and it's also my 'game i'm supposed to like but don't.' This game is not a ten.
  • CosmicFuzz 29 Apr 2008 15:32:29 21,252 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never liked Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter that much as well, and thought MGS: Portable Ops was horrible.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• allywidd 29 Apr 2008 15:33:21 62 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thought ff7 8 10 and 12 were awesome but nine was the biggest pile of shit i ever played. my personal opinion of halo is that it sucked. couldnt see what the fuss was all about. Much prefered ut2004.
  • espadachin 29 Apr 2008 15:33:24 2,210 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    devil may cry and ninja gaiden: h-h-hated them.
  • Dante_Cubit 29 Apr 2008 15:33:48 1,842 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    ICO, Metal Gears 2 and 3, Mass Effect, Halo 3.

I can't believe that anyone who would buy Mass Effect, wouldn't like it. If you don't like RPGs fair enough, but what was the problem?
  • pjmaybe 29 Apr 2008 15:34:00 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Final Fantasy anything. Even 7. Why? What's the big deal?

Most mindless FPS games. I like a bit of story, something that brings something new to the table - but most are turgid nonsense with ridiculously maniacal followers.

All the Quake games except Quake 2. Rubbish.

• Deleted user 29 April 2008 15:34:56
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    GTA IV.

Seriously, really really bored already. No missions cropping up, buggy as fuck (can't save, can't trigger Roman missions, can't collect girlfriend when I go to her house after arranging a date), generally a bit tedious.

Yes, I went there.
    How can it be so so buggy but received 10/10 in every category in every review???
    I dunno but nothing worked just now when I left it paused for half an hour to nip out to the post office. Got back, continued, can't do any of the above.
  • pjmaybe 29 Apr 2008 15:35:22 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Kitt-FDUK wrote:
    Dunno but it is and it's also my 'game i'm supposed to like but don't.' This game is not a ten.

/waits for inevitable VG247 story

"FRAG DOLL HATES GTA, SAYS IT'S BUGGED"

• Blerk Moderator 29 Apr 2008 15:35:54 48,224 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I love these threads, but we do them too often. Can't we have a 'games you're not supposed to like but do' thread for a change? ^_^

Anyway, here's my usual list:

Deus Ex - rubbish, boring, stupidly over-wordy.

Half Life - not bad, exactly, but approximately 1/4 as good as it's made out to be.

Super Mario World - dismally irritating, about as much fun as rectal surgery.
  • SoullessMurderbunny 29 Apr 2008 15:36:06 3 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bioshock! Though that may have something to do with me being not a fan of first person shooters, to begin with.. The story seemed quite captivating at the beginning, but later on it became riddled with clichés and felt stretched and watered down. The plot twist was nifty, though.

Then there's Grim Fandango. Something about its style, universe and characters turned me off.

Oblivion's another game I never got along with. There's simply too many reasons why I've hated it to mention. An unbelievable world, gameplay that regularly broke immersion, weird dialogue and mechanics associated with it..
  • Brodie 29 Apr 2008 15:36:37 185 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I feel this way definitely.

GTA, MGS, Final Fantasy, 3D Mario - just don't do anything for me at all.

hohum.
  • otto Moderator 29 Apr 2008 15:36:59 49,291 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SlackMaster wrote:

I'm right there with you. I've only played the first GTA3 and I really found it exceptionally boring. Also, while I love the graphics and atmosphere of games like Mario Sunshine and the Zelda games, I hate the actual gameplay - the platforming and time-limited dungeons etc.

But then I truly am the ultimate casual gamer. :p

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous