Persona 3 FES - Persona With Extra Aigis Page 21

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• INSOMANiAC 6 Apr 2010 04:37:48 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks for the advice, played a couple of hours and got hooked, then decided to start again now I have more of an idea of what the hell im doing

Anyway, the second time you go to tartarus and im supposed to get to the first barrier, Ive been battered twice now, first time i was fighting everything that moved and all my group got tired, second time i bought an endurance ring which I gave the girl, avoided a few creatures and got to the top floor where you fight the three big glove things and they just leathered me, am I expected to beat these buggers or should i just be fighting until Im tired then calling it a day ? (second attempt only the other bloke got tired)

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 6 Apr 2010 13:26:27 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes but as I say at least one of my group is tired and they kill me in about four moves, I cant exactly grind before i meet them because then everyone will be too tired to fight ?!?!?!

Its the second lot you fight, first theres the vultures things then theres these big gloves

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• CosmicFuzz 6 Apr 2010 13:29:48 23,187 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You don't need to fight the boss straight away. Spend a couple of nights just going there to fight your way up floors, and leaving before you get tired. In a few days once you've gotten a bit stronger, and (more importantly) played about with creating some new Personas that target new weaknesses then you'll be in better shape to fight the boss.

It's all about the tactics, find the boss's weakness and spam it! Knock him on his ass, make him miss a turn, kick him when he's down, keep your team healed inbetween, you'll be fine. Just remember there's no need to beat the boss the first time you reach the floor. You won't be able to progress to the next section after the boss until the story lets you in most cases anyway (I think?).

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• INSOMANiAC 6 Apr 2010 14:14:24 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks, that what I thought, the first time i did it i just fought until i was tired then left but i felt like id 'wasted' a day because it says at the beginning that you only have a hundred days, im going to go back on now and get as far as I can then withdraw when Im tired.

I blame that woman who tell you to get to the first barrier !

Thanks again and im sure ill be back shortly

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• dominalien 6 Apr 2010 21:07:22 6,835 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    IIRC it tells you you have a year.

I usually went up to the next waypoint floor and finished there for the night, maybe trying out the boss after going down to save the game. If the boss seemed too strong, I'd grind a couple of levels a few days later and then take on the boss.

Believe me, it's much better paced than The Answer :/

PSN: DonOsito

• RetardStrong 15 Apr 2010 23:42:13 3,229 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck me the fusion thing is really complicated O_O Just started playing again and just trying to find a way to create a Persona from the tower arcana is seemingly impossible. I looked up a few guides but all I get is endless lists and confusing charts complete with formulas and whatnot. I wish there was a simple calculator thingie like in the Diablo 2 days where there were rune calculators and stuff for download. Would make things a little easier.
  • DFective 16 Apr 2010 22:06:07 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So I started playing The Answer but Yukari and Mitsuru were annoying me so I didn't bother.
  • HiddenAway 17 Apr 2010 12:16:24 14,856 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Meh, all I did was pick one persona, then look to see what I could create. If I don't like it, I repeat for the next ad infinitum.

If I liked a persona, I then just reselected until I got the skills I wanted. Once the fusion is complete, I repeat step 1 for the new persona.

Not very scientific, but a decent way to look for things ;-).

As far as I know, it's based on the level range of the persona and the arcana mixture.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Obiwanshinobi 17 Apr 2010 21:16:35 866 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The fusion is about as complicated as the loot farming in Diablo. Keep hacking them good until they drop something funky. In Persona 3 it felt like grinding indeed. Nocturne/Lucifer's Call is more balanced in this regard (even if I wanted to play it like Persona 3, I couldn't afford this many demons at any whim). Recruiting them, leveling up and THEN fusing is more fun.
  • DFective 18 Apr 2010 17:59:20 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    DFective wrote:
    Yukari and Mitsuru were annoying me
    Get out

The fusion is a bit complicated yeah, I figured the simplest way around it was to skip the game and move onto Persona 4 :D

Well Yukari was whinging about something or other and Mitsuru was talking french again, the pretentious bitch. I also just skipped it and went onto P4.
  • trotskyicepick 25 Jun 2010 17:54:32 343 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    finally finished the answer. the ending sequences were very drawn out with the long ass cut scenes but it was nice and upbeat, which rounded off the game well. would i go through that 30+ hours of my life again? no chance.
  • Obiwanshinobi 25 Jun 2010 22:08:45 866 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm playing through Persona 2: Innocent Sin and it's pretty decent (easily better than Persona 3 FES, but that's not saying much). Rough around the edges, but without waiting sim elements whatsoever as far as I can tell.
  • andywilkie35 26 Jul 2010 20:57:48 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, how many floors are there in Tartarus? I'm on the 96th, attempting to reach the 98th to activate the warp gate thing, however I came in with an underlevelled party to grind a bit...I can make it...

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Feanor 26 Jul 2010 21:28:07 14,055 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    200+
  • andywilkie35 26 Jul 2010 21:46:43 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Holy shit

/heads back to Tartatus

• Deleted user 28 July 2010 01:12:56
    I'm stuck on a boss in The Answer. It's the boss in the 3rd dungeon, Caina. The fight is against one Harem Dancer and 2 Merciless Mayas. Can you guys remember what persona setups and levels you had for this particular encounter? I don't think I'm underlevelled as my party average is 41 and I have a good mix of personas - but I seem to be no match for this boss at all. The main boss is immune to everything except Strike attacks, while the two Mayas are weak against Wind - but I can't do enough damage to them before the Dancer annihilates me :/

Edit: I found out the main boss is weak against Panic. That allowed me to beat it, although it was still a tough battle.
  • andywilkie35 5 Aug 2010 09:11:42 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Last night I defeated the 12th shadow and had the rather good twist.

How much longer is the game? Not that its an issue, if anything I was glad to see I hadn't finished it, it's absolutely immense, just wondering really!

• Deleted user 6 August 2010 06:33:15
    Post deleted
  • andywilkie35 11 Aug 2010 09:55:09 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    6 days to go until I have to make the decision

I heard that I can choose the bad one and the game ends so I can just watch that and then reload before going for the good ending - so in one way I will finish it tonight....but not properly of course.

Not going to bother with The Answer I don't think - sounds a bit frustrating and while I'm interested in learning more about the characters etc, I think I'll move on to something else before firing up Persona 4

• munki83 2 Oct 2010 14:54:46 1,397 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been playing this over the last few months and really enjoy it when I play it but I'm started to get sidetracked and annoyed by one of Elizabeth's request. It's request 21 where I need to bring her a bronze medalion from a gold shadow in the third block. I've spent 2-3 hours grinding the block and every time I meet a gold shadow its either a treasure hand or if it is a supreme hand it runs away before I can do anything. It's driving me nuts, is there any special techniques for this quest or am I best just giving up on it.
  • Cappy 2 Oct 2010 15:06:57 11,830 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You've got to sneak up on them.

Keeping in mind that they won't notice you if you're waiting on one of those raised platforms, they're very useful and should be utilised if a hand is nearby. Get as close as possible, then wait till their back is turned. Approach them slowly, don't run.
  • munki83 2 Oct 2010 15:16:20 1,397 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah I should of said that I am approaching them from behind its when the battle starts they are running away before I cna do anything. Never mind I'll try again after the next full moon
  • Cappy 2 Oct 2010 15:36:16 11,830 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah right, you've got to take them out in just a few hits I'm afraid. It is possible but you've got to do a lot of damage with your first turn, normally it's physical attacks that do the trick since most hands are resistant to magic.
  • munki83 2 Oct 2010 16:12:51 1,397 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZI'm an idiot the hands I need are on block 3 and I'm only on block 2
  • Page

of 22 First / Last