Persona 3 FES - Persona With Extra Aigis Page 20

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• trotskyicepick 19 Mar 2010 21:58:07 343 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to agree that the Answer is a bit of a drag, the story elements are good but there is far too much combat and it does get a bit repetitive. But hopefully to see the closure to the story will make the grind worth it. I think I've been through about half of the doors in the abyss of time so far.
  • Sharks 19 Mar 2010 23:38:53 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    trotskyicepick wrote:
    I have to agree that the Answer is a bit of a drag, the story elements are good but there is far too much combat and it does get a bit repetitive. But hopefully to see the closure to the story will make the grind worth it. I think I've been through about half of the doors in the abyss of time so far.

I've cleared four out of seven. I don't know, there's so much build it keeps you in suspense and it feels like a real pay-off when you make your next vestige of story progression. Neither The Journey nor The Answer are perfectly paced though.
  • Cappy 27 Mar 2010 23:39:06 11,830 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Grinding?

You can't really grind in Persona, get above the cap level for the section you're in and the level of experience earned from each battle falls and falls till it's negligible.

Your problem is strategy, not identifying the right sort of persona to use most likely.
  • Sharks 27 Mar 2010 23:44:34 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So is causing little damage the only problem, or is there a particular toughness the enemy has as well that's wiping you out? Experiment in the Velvet Room, and always keep an eye on your strategy menu in battle so your allies are optimised. Maybe try equipping different accesories also.
  • Sharks 27 Mar 2010 23:45:32 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ahh, never mind. Yeah, even if grinding was effective I wouldn't bother, it would be much of a joy in a game like this.
  • Sharks 28 Mar 2010 00:10:22 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm discovering the usefulness of power charge/mind charge in The Answer. If causing damage is an issue you should try and acquire Rebellion/Revolution (increases critical rate for everyone), though it shouldn't be an issue too often. What kind of skills do you try and cultivate mostly for your character? One consistent thing for me is I'm always decked with good healing skills, since they're vital and it's something you can't always rely on your partners for. Divine Grace can make Mediarama just as potent as the SP-intensive Mediarahan, effectively restorying your party's HP in nearly its entirety, so keep an eye out for it when you're looking at the skills of different persona fusion possibilities, as well as Samarecarm, which revives an ally at full health.

It helps to familiarise yourself with the different skill names so you know what skills you want.
  • Sharks 28 Mar 2010 00:11:47 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hope you saved.
  • Feanor 28 Mar 2010 00:19:46 14,055 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What date are you up to?
  • Sharks 28 Mar 2010 00:20:35 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The story is pretty clear-cut so it never faded with me during my breaks from the game. Just stick with it and be more cautious about preserving the main character. Don't ruin the game by looking up the rest of the plot on YouTube, especially after you've invested so much time in it already. If you're going to use YouTube, use it to recap what's happened up until the point where you are.
  • CosmicFuzz 28 Mar 2010 12:41:04 23,189 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Boo! You suck blize! Go back and play :p

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• rickalish 3 Apr 2010 13:38:33 1,790 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm up to floor 10 in Tartarus (only a few hours into the game) and was wondering if the storyline starts to pick up in pace a lot or whether it's just this school/tartarus repetition for the rest of the game more-or-less!?
  • Deleted user 3 April 2010 14:47:22
    The story gets better, but the structure doesn't change.
  • charchilp 3 Apr 2010 15:26:27 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • DFective 3 Apr 2010 17:49:22 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So about how long is this game? I'm 55 hours in and am at 11/29.
  • CosmicFuzz 3 Apr 2010 17:50:20 23,189 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I clocked in almost 90 hours by the time I finished it. Pretty much the longest RPG I've ever played I think.

• DFective 3 Apr 2010 17:54:04 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :o

Is that including the Answer or not?
  • CosmicFuzz 3 Apr 2010 17:55:32 23,189 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hehe that's not including The Answer, no. Think that's another 30 hours or so (not played it yet myself).

• Deleted user 3 April 2010 18:52:39
    I finished on about 70 hours. Didn't quite match the 80 it took me to finish Dragon Quest VIII.
  • Hunam 3 Apr 2010 18:54:50 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It took me 92 hours to do P3 (original). Was epic and every minute was a joy :)

Although due to death and watching the bad ending, I'd actually put the number closer to 100 hours in total.
  • Timmy 3 Apr 2010 18:57:59 9,031 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cid wrote:
    I finished on about 70 hours. Didn't quite match the 80 it took me to finish Dragon Quest VIII.

Dragon Quest VIII was a beast. Loved every minute of it as well. The extra ending was good I thought. Not just filler like I've heard P3 FES 'The Answer' is.
  • INSOMANiAC 5 Apr 2010 13:25:57 3,829 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just got the 'regular' persona 3, is there much difference ? about to start playing it later this afternoon

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• rickalish 6 Apr 2010 01:06:39 1,790 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Just got the 'regular' persona 3, is there much difference ? about to start playing it later this afternoon

It tells you when you start the FES version that there are new weapon combining options and extra summon things (aigis?).
  • Hunam 6 Apr 2010 02:59:01 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Base 3 is a little bit easier than FES. FES also have weapon fusion (where you can fuse persona to weapons to create new ones) and an option to go for a walk in the evening to get more time with some of the s.links. I think there might be a hand full of new persona's but some of the stats have been changed across the board.

The basic answer is FES is harder and a little more involved in the mechanics than base 3, but overall, it doesn't really matter which one you pick. I played base 3 and thought it was teh win.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last