Persona 3 FES - Persona With Extra Aigis Page 2

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Cappy 29 Apr 2008 13:00:34 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still no joy. I'm beginning to suspect some light fingered postal worker nabbed my copy of FES thinking it was a copy of that 'chav' game. It was shipped around the right time and the customs declaration will just say videogame. People resorting to petty crime to get their hands on GTA sounds about right.

I had a moment of weakness yesterday when I considered picking up GTA IV. But I changed my mind when I saw the reviews. I'm moving the goal posts again, PS3 versions of multi-format games don't just have to match the 360 version. They actually have to embarrass and crush the 360 version now.

I've got far more worthwhile games to spend my money on and I prefer to see my cash go to the likes of Atlus anyway.
  • itamae 29 Apr 2008 22:20:51 9,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I've got far more worthwhile games to spend my money on and I prefer to see my cash go to the likes of Atlus anyway.
    Well said. Atlus is my favourite publisher at the moment, although that is in part due to a relatively weak Capcom line-up at the moment. We need more Capcom Five sort of stuff!

Oh and I got my copy of Fes just now. \o/
  • ilmaestro 29 Apr 2008 23:16:12 32,406 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I had a moment of weakness yesterday when I considered picking up GTA IV. But I changed my mind when I saw the reviews. I'm moving the goal posts again, PS3 versions of multi-format games don't just have to match the 360 version. They actually have to embarrass and crush the 360 version now.
    Heh, it's alright to just say that you don't want to buy the game. :p

• Feanor 5 May 2008 04:58:08 14,063 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I got FES today. My local Best Buy had plenty of copies which is a a big change from the situation with the original game.

Whoa, the opening movie has really tempted me to play the main game again. Some of the new outfits are too cool, hehe.
  • famous_roy 7 May 2008 18:39:17 4,099 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finally got this yesterday. Somehow managed 5 hours already, addictive stuff! My only gripe is that theres almost too much to do, its hard to know if I'm on the right path.

Got 4 Personas so far and haven't felt the need to fuse any of them, Ive got a few social links going but no Personas which correspond to them yet! Also Tartarus.. does it literally look the same throughout all the floors? I was expecting Soul Reaver style large explorable areas, shame its just a bunch of corridors.

Overall though I'm very impressed, best RPG I've played in a while.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Hunam 7 May 2008 18:41:47 20,674 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I felt like that initially, after awhile it all clicks and you figure out the goals and how to spend your time.
  • saku_luk 11 May 2008 09:58:48 215 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh man i knew this might happen....after spending 250h or so on the PAL version i cant find any motivation to start either the journey or answer on my FES >.> i got arround 3h in the original storyline but thats it, cant force myself to play it with the damn tales of the abyss and xenosaga 3 winking at me from the shelf ~_~.....

CURSES!

I hope i can get myself to play this again since i was so looking forward to beat hard mode with a 200h clock just like i did with normal :(
  • Cappy 11 May 2008 11:46:14 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After 250 hours I'm hardly surprised. Didn't you think to perhaps pace yourself and save some of that time for FES?
  • saku_luk 11 May 2008 12:49:53 215 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When i was playing P3 PAL i didnt know ill get NTSC PS2 so soon :( i just got it like after i beat the game haha.....hmm this sucks! :/

At least i converted my PAL saves into NTSC so if i decide to play FES for real i wont have to do all the stats again, and academics was a real pain, not to mention rising academics was boring as hell....
  • Feanor 14 May 2008 02:25:54 14,063 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The first boss in the second area is bloody hard. He summons two Soul Dancers to heal & defend him, and I can't kill them quickly enough. Guess I need to do a few hours more grinding and fuse some more powerful Personas.
  • Cappy 14 May 2008 11:49:32 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I took a sneaky peek at FES last night.

The new episode seems pretty substantial, I was expecting a dungeon crawl with a paper thin veneer holding it together. Whilst in reality the new episode is well up to the standard of the main game. I can't wait to settle down with it and find out what happens. Exciting stuff.

I also had a poke around the FES version of the main game, I didn't get far but there already seem to be small extra touches that flesh out the story and characters. I think I'll play through the main game again at the 'hard' difficulty and see what happens. For 'advanced gamers only' apparently. That's me? Right? Weapon fusions, and extra personas to discover... and the costumes. I just need to get Final Fantasy XII finished and I'm in.
  • Cappy 14 May 2008 19:21:02 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hah! So much for plans, the FES disc never left the drive. I'm enjoying tweaked Persona 3 immensely. One touch I have noticed, early on before you get the run of the town, instead of the game just loading the dorm after school you now get small scenes to show you walking home with other characters. Each scene includes brief appearances by characters you will have an opportunity to befriend later going about their business.
  • saku_luk 15 May 2008 07:59:06 215 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only at the start of the game tho :) btw i did start hard mode but i find it more of a cheap mode or grindfest mode rather then true hard mode where you have to plan your actions during a fight....its kinda lame that i had to grind my ass off just to kill floor 10 guardians.....
  • Cappy 15 May 2008 09:07:27 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damn. Oh well, no turning back now.

So far it's been pretty easy on hard.
  • FabricatedLunatic 15 May 2008 09:16:27 12,994 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, damn it, I want FES now. It's under 20 at Play-Asia which makes it a worthwhile purchase if Episode Aegis is more than just a tacked-on addendum.

EDIT: Just ordered. I reasoned that for just 20 a good 10-20 hours is perfectly acceptable, especially for a game as good as Persona 3. Any more is just a bonus.
  • Cappy 15 May 2008 17:22:09 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's worth 20 just for the opening cut-scene Fablooney. The sight of Ken taking a beating is something to be cherished forever. :)
  • FabricatedLunatic 15 May 2008 17:23:21 12,994 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Ken taking a beating
    Keep talking, I'm almost there...
  • Cappy 15 May 2008 17:25:56 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I guess there is the possibility of him getting beaten up later on in the game too. :D
  • Feanor 15 May 2008 18:47:02 14,063 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes, yes yes, yes, yes! My skill level has increased!
  • Cappy 21 May 2008 13:43:42 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FES has more content so yes, it it better from that point of view.

You better buy it though. No yarring, Atlus deserve better than that.
  • Cappy 21 May 2008 14:18:01 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FES is available in the States and Japan only. The US version is really reasonably priced though, even with shipping it should be little more than 15 these days. If you shop around it could be even less.

Persona 3 is nowhere near as difficult as the other games under the Shin Megami Tensei umbrella and just to make sure there is a selectable easy difficulty. :)
  • FabricatedLunatic 21 May 2008 14:31:45 12,994 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Speaking of difficulty, Capster, how you doing with FES on hard? Is the only difference in how much damage is done by your opponents?
  • Cappy 21 May 2008 14:39:01 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:
    Speaking of difficulty, Capster, how you doing with FES on hard? Is the only difference in how much damage is done by your opponents?

I've only done about fours hours so far.

Honesty time. I was cruising along on hard thinking it was pretty easy. Then I reached the floor 10 boss...

When I actually get Final Fantasy XII out of the way I'm considering just restarting on normal. After all, the object of the exercise is to have fun. On hard the bosses seem to do frightening amounts of damage and overall seem pretty cheap. We have already established that level grinding is no solution in Persona 3 so normal is probably best. :)
  • ilmaestro 21 May 2008 15:09:51 32,406 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    Quick question: If I have absolutely no intention of playing through the new sidequest, should I get this, or just play the original?
    How do you know you have no intention of playing through the new content? It's intended for people who really enjoy the game, which you might end up doing (admittedly I haven't checked the precipitation forecast for Hell in the forthcoming weeks, but still).

• Cappy 21 May 2008 15:27:58 11,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The extra episode has a fair bit of intriguing story line meat to it, I was expecting a flimsy excuse to cover a fresh content free dungeon crawl but it's not like that at all.

If you definitely know you don't want to play it though, that's your choice. :)
  • FabricatedLunatic 22 May 2008 10:36:18 12,994 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Honesty time. I was cruising along on hard thinking it was pretty easy. Then I reached the floor 10 boss...
    Normal it is! My copy arrived this morning, though I won't be starting it quite yet.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last