Grand Theft Auto V Page 315

• Page

of 363 First / Last

• Alastair 15 Apr 2014 08:49:44 16,407 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also, has anyone bothered with the 70 Gold Medal achievement?
  • Steve_Perry 15 Apr 2014 09:07:43 5,201 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I had no intention of bothering with the achievements on this after GTA4's. Some of those were ridiculous.
  • Alastair 15 Apr 2014 09:28:12 16,407 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've got all but two of the story mode achievements.
    Pretty sure I won't manage too many more of the online ones.
  • Ashwood 15 Apr 2014 10:03:05 408 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Ashwood wrote:
    I don't think you have to collect the submarine parts at all, though there is an achievement for it if you want to get that.
    There's no achievement for the submarine parts. You might be thinking of the spaceship parts.
    Yeah, you'e right. I was thinking of the Nuclear Waste collecting. Boy, that was tedious!

The only online achievement I haven't got is Numero Uno - place 1st in all game types. Have managed it all except for the Shooting Range. No-one ever wants to play that. And when someone finally joins, they see my high level and assume I'll be really good at it even though I suck :)
  • Hacienda 19 Apr 2014 05:23:49 160 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Long since completed the main story, but periodically return to Los Santos to drive out to the airport and take off in a jet for a joyflight. Think due to my longstanding wish for a 'Forza-style' accessible console flight sim!
  • Matt36 19 Apr 2014 18:57:49 1,477 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Doing the collection missions here & there. The controls are driving me mad.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 20 Apr 2014 23:31:50 2,459 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just started playing this as ive only just got a new 360 after a year without.
    Impressed by it, loving it so far.
    At least i was untill the torture bit with Trevor. Felt that was very immature of R* to do that. Wasnt impressed with that bit.

Cant wait for the PC version. Will look sooo much better and the mods are going to be epic!

Another thing is although its a pretty good looking game, after a year of PC only gaming, i have been spoilt graphics wise and i keep wincing at all the jaggies and bad draw distance. Mostly as i cant ramp up any settings to get it looking better. Hard to get used to..

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Matt36 22 Apr 2014 16:02:52 1,477 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The lack of people playing online is a shame now, really low.
  • HelloNo 22 Apr 2014 17:59:10 1,283 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does it actually work properly now and everything?
  • Mr_Brown 22 Apr 2014 18:07:43 1,009 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not surprised. Cannot believe we still waiting for the heist DLC. They made such a big deal about it before the online was launched. Should have been released within the first 6 months when people were playing it.

Clothes and car packs cannot cover up the lack of content. Plus nerfing the amount of money and XP from the missions (which was already low) was a nail in its coffin.

Vita: GameOverYeah

• bodhi85uk 22 Apr 2014 20:45:45 180 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would play it more but I stopped when my Gold sub ran out, and I got my PS4. I can't justify paying for Gold and PS+. I suspect I'm not alone there.
  • monkehhh 22 Apr 2014 22:27:54 3,525 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It sounded promising, they fucked it up, now no-one cares.
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Apr 2014 22:34:01 15,417 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr_Brown wrote:
    Not surprised. Cannot believe we still waiting for the heist DLC. They made such a big deal about it before the online was launched. Should have been released within the first 6 months when people were playing it.

Clothes and car packs cannot cover up the lack of content. Plus nerfing the amount of money and XP from the missions (which was already low) was a nail in its coffin.
    Well said. I still have my copy, on the offchance we get some content dlc at some point!

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• modula 23 Apr 2014 07:46:44 264 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mr_Brown wrote:
    Plus nerfing the amount of money and XP from the missions (which was already low) was a nail in its coffin.
    Absolutely. I was properly hooked on gta online for about two months, but when they made gaining xp such a ridiculously slow process I properly lost interest; staying at the same level just means you're constantly offered the same missions, so inevitably I got bored. Such a shame as aside from the plethora of dickheads playing it, it has so much potential.
  • Deleted user 23 April 2014 08:55:25
    Hoping to get this soon. Wasn't a fan of San Andreas or GTA4, but after playing this around my mates house it seems better.
  • Madder-Max 23 Apr 2014 09:35:16 11,689 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Matt36 wrote:
    The lack of people playing online is a shame now, really low.
    What the heck are you on about? There are loads of people playing this online with full servers. I'm on most nights so know what I'm talking about.

The downside is that mission invites from other players are always for fucking rooftop rumble!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Matt36 23 Apr 2014 10:32:09 1,477 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was sat on a map alone.
  • warlockuk 23 Apr 2014 11:34:29 19,223 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Matt36 wrote:
    I was sat on a map alone.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• oldschoolsoviet 23 Apr 2014 11:40:05 5,554 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's probably more to do with your net connection than playerbase.

I've been back on for a wee pooter about over the weekend (PS3 free-aim), and it's still mobbed, still crazy and full of high jinx, and plagued by network errors at times. :(

Highlights include chasing two bountied players to the peak of Mt Chilliad, as they sent mercs and taunting "wrong move guy" messages to me throughout, along with a few deaths. Two cheeky sniped headshots and $16k claimed put that to rest, as the ensuing revenge chase with parachutes left me in stitches. Or the Extraction mission, where I called a chopper, we all waited, and after boarding I flew directly into a pylon and boom. A few minutes undone in one second, and respawned as the sole survivor having to complete it solo under a barrage of messaged wrath.

Still the same as ever, crap netcode, immature wanker/idiot playerbase, and awfully limited at times, but still capable of producing hilarious fun when it all clicks together.
  • Baihu1983 23 Apr 2014 12:43:43 3,638 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So no sign of any single player DLC yet?
  • Steve_Perry 23 Apr 2014 13:05:57 5,201 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've sold this last week. The online was great towards the end but it really needed some new content. I would have paid for a decent DLC pack with heists and more features, perhaps even a few new maps. Bit of a wasted opportunity but I may pick it up on PC if there is enough additional content.
  • spindizzy 23 Apr 2014 13:41:13 6,615 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally got around to finishing it last night - absolutely epic! I just can't believe how much content they crammed in there ... honestly, they could make it half the length and few would complain. And it's an astonishing technical achievement too - one of the prettiest games I've ever played.
  • Alastair 23 Apr 2014 13:44:56 16,407 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, I very much enjoyed it.
    Approx 80hrs gameplay isn't to be sniffed at.
  • Deleted user 23 April 2014 14:52:38
    Really surprised there's no information / announcements about next gen / PC ports.
  • X201 23 Apr 2014 15:32:14 15,750 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @spindizzy

A Scientific definition of finished please. :)

Main Story?
    100%?
    or
    Everything that's listed on the RockStar Social Club Checklist?
  • GiarcYekrub 23 Apr 2014 15:47:46 3,895 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    Really surprised there's no information / announcements about next gen / PC ports.
    I'm expecting that at the same time as the single player expansions for current gen
  • GiarcYekrub 23 Apr 2014 15:50:09 3,895 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    @spindizzy

Main Story?
    100%?
    or
    For me it's all the single player Achievements, there are more medals I could get and property to buy(I did the assassin missions too early)
  • bad09 23 Apr 2014 15:53:04 6,256 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    There's been loads of info...it's just been wrong :)

Probably wrong as well but the last lot of whispers were Rockstar gave the new consoles a years wait (PC is getting this shinier version and that's why PC never surfaced at the usual rockstar 6 month period). It's been said Rockstar plan to "own E3" by revealing it at the show and it's releasing September.
  • JiveHound 23 Apr 2014 16:01:24 2,730 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rockstar historically don't do E3.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Alastair 23 Apr 2014 16:21:06 16,407 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    @spindizzy

Main Story?
    100%?
    or
    I got to 100% completion.
    Unlikely to go back and do the last little bits...
  • Page

of 363 First / Last