Grand Theft Auto V Page 311

• Page

of 318 First / Last

• damagedinc 25 Oct 2013 05:37:12 687 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not enjoying online but love single player. Have completed it and clocked nearly fifty hours. Just cant bring myself to take it out the disk tray despite the feeling i have seen everything there is to see.

Edited by damagedinc at 05:37:39 25-10-2013
  • Subquest 25 Oct 2013 22:52:44 308 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is an appeal for help.

I've been playing 360 version slowly for a while now, and I've recently just competed the scuba raid to steal nerve toxin. Tonight I fired up and started playing, got to a mission with Trevor and slowly realised that I'd played it before, maybe two weeks ago, but completed the mission regardless after which it auto saved. This was stupid, I now realise. Then I dig around a bit and find my system clock had reset itself back to 2005, it had loaded an old game and then overwritten my current auto-save, now lost.

I can't find anything but 100% complete save files online, has anybody got a save that's around where I'm up to that could be shared somehow?
  • Kanjin 26 Oct 2013 00:35:33 1,052 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Could it be the clock? My Xbox resets itself to 2005 after it gets disconnected from the mains and doesn't get to update itself from Xbox Live (or you doing it manually).
  • Onevia 26 Oct 2013 08:50:19 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Is there any solid information on GTA V being ported over for PC?
  • Baihu1983 26 Oct 2013 09:05:59 3,278 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nothing but its bound to come. Probably around the same time as next gen versions...........
  • TarickStonefire 26 Oct 2013 22:32:22 2,897 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Subquest wrote:
    This is an appeal for help.

I've been playing 360 version slowly for a while now, and I've recently just competed the scuba raid to steal nerve toxin. Tonight I fired up and started playing, got to a mission with Trevor and slowly realised that I'd played it before, maybe two weeks ago, but completed the mission regardless after which it auto saved. This was stupid, I now realise. Then I dig around a bit and find my system clock had reset itself back to 2005, it had loaded an old game and then overwritten my current auto-save, now lost.

I can't find anything but 100% complete save files online, has anybody got a save that's around where I'm up to that could be shared somehow?
    If all you're after is story progress just replay it all. It'll bring back great memories and you'll get to do it slightly differently/better/worse :)

Edited by TarickStonefire at 22:36:01 26-10-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• GiarcYekrub 28 Oct 2013 16:50:02 3,660 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally seen the UFO interesting logo on it
  • Baihu1983 28 Oct 2013 17:37:51 3,278 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought a Tank that's now been delivered but cant see where to get it from?
  • damagedinc 28 Oct 2013 18:17:05 687 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Need to go to the aircraft hangers for the tanks
  • Madder-Max 28 Oct 2013 20:12:29 11,618 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've started a new playthrough and just done the life invader ceo thing for lester.

Started the playthrough over 2 weeks ago and occasionally dropped in to snowball michaels and franklins starting money on pisswasser stocks. Franklin is now on about 200k and michael on 112k. Pisswasser stocks are starting to dive now for the first time since the game launched and someone on here dumped 2 million on them.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• ecureuil 28 Oct 2013 20:27:32 76,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got $150 million in ZIT at the moment.
  • Baihu1983 28 Oct 2013 20:28:44 3,278 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Need to go to the aircraft hangers for the tanks
    Went to Trevor's hanger but it didn't show up.
  • HoriZon 30 Oct 2013 09:27:51 13,496 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally got the Jet from the army base and now have it parked up in my hanger :)

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• GiarcYekrub 30 Oct 2013 11:47:40 3,660 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I finally collected the last single player achievement last night :)

Still plenty of stuff to do though...
    Alternative Endings(still not seen them)
    Buy the Golf Club(Still haven't got enough cash)
    Buy 2 cinemas(Still haven't got enough cash)
    Alternative Heists
    Plenty of medals left to collect
    Plus I still have a few random events not encounted

This game is massive
  • Iain815 30 Oct 2013 19:56:15 403 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just got 100% myself. I'm waiting for that last Strangers and Freaks mission to kick in (apparently it can take up to 2 game weeks to appear).

After that I think I'll put it away for a while seeing there's nothing else left to do, I've tried online but I just find it a UI nightmare and just not as a fun without friends/crew.

I might finally get round to replaying The Last of Us.
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Oct 2013 20:02:04 5,046 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Passed the 50% milestone moments ago, hooray!

... this game is going to last me until the beginning of next year at this rate.

Not that I mind.

: )
  • Madder-Max 30 Oct 2013 23:59:15 11,618 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pisswasser stocks on the rise again and weasel seems like a nice lil earner. Got franklin on 400k now and not even started assasinations or met trevor yet!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• -anon 4 Nov 2013 22:36:57 46 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    You can fly 747's in this! \o/

This game surely has to go down as one of the greatest and defining of all time, in the same league as Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Halo: Combat Evolved, and indeed, GTA III. The sheer size and scope of it all, the level of intricate detail, the high production values - it's the truest and greatest sandbox game there's ever been.

I've long since completed the story missions, and yet I'm still playing! I never do this with games. But there's just so much extra stuff to do, that is actually fun, relevant, and reveals more of the game world as well. And as a sandbox, it's multiple sub-genres at once - a competent shooter, racer, flight sim, sports sim, etc.

First game I'm attempting to get 100% on. And then there's Online to try! ;)
  • Tuffty 5 Nov 2013 09:14:38 1,500 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a pretty cool moment when I was browsing through the city and found this little alley off a street where a bunch of people were crowded around. So I rode the motorbike into the place and came to a stop when everyone in the place turned to look at me, with two guys walking towards me. It's only after looking around that I saw the bikes and the jackets that it was The Lost. And as that realisation came over me, one of the guys walking towards me reaches around his back pocket, slow and cool as you like, and pulls out a pistol right at me.

..So I left.

...Only to return with a grenade launcher.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2013 10:07:44 14,392 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Pisswasser stocks on the rise again and weasel seems like a nice lil earner. Got franklin on 400k now and not even started assasinations or met trevor yet!
    Can you buy them again now.
    I sold Mike's for 180,000,000 :) a few days ago but when I tried to reinvest, I could only see five stock options, of which PW was not one of them.

I bought him the Golf club, it is what he would have wanted ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• BravoGolf Moderator 5 Nov 2013 20:31:35 12,740 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is there much/any underwater fun to be had? I just got the sub mission where I steal a min sub and it looks amazing under water!
  • infoxicated 5 Nov 2013 20:58:49 1,070 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, there's a lot of underwater stuff to do if you acquire the jetty property on the north west of the map. :)
  • CharlieStCloud 5 Nov 2013 21:01:42 5,046 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Speaking of the submarine, I finally collected all thirty pieces, which was an exercise in tedium at the best of times only for the lady to reward you $10!

: (
  • Trowel 5 Nov 2013 21:09:09 17,428 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The best compliment I can give GTAV's underwater sections is it absolutely ignites my weird underwater phobia. Fucking hated those missions.
  • muttler 5 Nov 2013 23:52:38 3,937 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The patch has completely broken the download version of 360 GTAV.  If I try to launch the game I get a strange error message about being disconnected from xbl, then I get the Unreadable Disc error, even though its the digital version.
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Nov 2013 08:30:01 5,046 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Trowel

You had a bad memory of going underwater one time, hey?

... the thing is, it actively bothers me nowadays when someone criticises GTAV for not offering enough things to do because not only is the world itself brimming with thousands of details and little stories, but there is whole new world to be found in the sea.

The amount of effort gone into this game is mind boggling. It flabbergast me how the game is even running on my PlayStation 3.

I think I am gearing up for the last heist, the 'Union something-something', I believe.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Nov 2013 16:06:02 14,392 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi chaps
    I will ask in both GTA threads, has anyone had any issues with the character wheel disapearing ? I have tried several times now and no wheel, another glitch seems to be that I can't buy any shares at all?

I can meet up with Trev or Franklin, but as I say no wheel option to change from Mike!
    Any ideas

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• mcmothercruncher 9 Nov 2013 07:59:20 6,430 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A bit tired of multiplayer so if decided to finish off the single player for a while. I did get the car collecting bug in multiplayer though and fancy picking a few choice vee-hicles up, one or two for each fella.
    Are they still disappearing from garages after the patches?
    Without a means to insure them in single player, I guess, you are still in danger of ploughing loads of money into upgrades and then loosing it all if the car ever blows up?
  • TarickStonefire 9 Nov 2013 08:10:53 2,897 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    The best compliment I can give GTAV's underwater sections is it absolutely ignites my weird underwater phobia. Fucking hated those missions.
    Wow, me too! I was absolutely terrified the first time I went down there, on a mission to retrieve a particular item that ended up being pointless… I ended up holding the button to sink to the bottom with one hand, and the other covering my eyes. Fully expected evil horrible squids and sharks to lurch out of th murky darkness at me throughout. Never did though.

Then I found the submarine side missions and eventually overcame it enough to stumble across the crashed UFO. It's amazing down there. Still terrifying though.

• TarickStonefire 9 Nov 2013 08:12:35 2,897 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished the story and pretty much all the side missions a few weeks ago, told myself I'd keep coming back to nail all the tedious 100% stuff for the first time in a video game ever, but predictably I have yet to load it up. Ah well.

Give me DLC!!!!

• Page

of 318 First / Last