Grand Theft Auto V Page 301

• Page

of 318 First / Last

• ecureuil 7 Oct 2013 19:52:35 76,520 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christ, that third triathlon is bloody ridiculous. Finished it on my first attempt, too me over 27 minutes. Time to backup my save cause I'm never doing that again. Just awful. Feel bad for people who failed this at any point. Apparently if you accidentally press right on the dpad, or accidentally get off your bike, or accidentally hit a pedestrian, you'll fail immediately and with no warning.
  • spamdangled 7 Oct 2013 20:02:48 27,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ecureuil

You think that's bad? I had to restart after 20 minutes because I accidentally ran over a pedestrian on a push bike.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• X201 7 Oct 2013 23:32:13 15,138 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    huh_what wrote:
    Why are you people subjecting yourself to the tedious shite bits of the game?
    I've found a way to liven it up a bit, it only really works in the country, but its worth a try.

Get a map that shows you where the collectables are and then drive to each one in a straightline, using as little road as possible. You find things on the map that you probably wouldn't see.
  • ecureuil 7 Oct 2013 23:35:51 76,520 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    huh_what wrote:
    Why are you people subjecting yourself to the tedious shite bits of the game? I was getting tired of the main story missions by the end FFS.

Rockstar can certainly make the shit out of a world but they are bad at fun gameplay.

Gluttons for punishment the lot of ye.
    Would quite like to get 100%. I'm at 97% so it'd be even more annoying to leave it there just because there's one shitty mission.
  • spamdangled 7 Oct 2013 23:39:37 27,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SambaApe wrote:
    The waste management achievement is 90 minutes of my life I will never get back. Boring beyond belief.. Damn achievement OCD!!
    If you do it all with the same character who bought it, it can be a nice earner.

Cost of the dock: $250k

Reward for each barrel: $23k x 30 = $690,000
    Plus completion bonus of $250k

Total profit = $690k

Plus, there's a crapload of stuff hidden underwater - weapons, armour and loads of briefcases stuffed full of cash.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Fake_Blood 7 Oct 2013 23:42:33 4,074 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GTA5 just killed my launch 60GB ps3.
  • ecureuil 8 Oct 2013 07:32:02 76,520 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    huh_what wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    huh_what wrote:
    Why are you people subjecting yourself to the tedious shite bits of the game? I was getting tired of the main story missions by the end FFS.

Rockstar can certainly make the shit out of a world but they are bad at fun gameplay.

Gluttons for punishment the lot of ye.
    Would quite like to get 100%. I'm at 97% so it'd be even more annoying to leave it there just because there's one shitty mission.
    But why? What difference does it make?

You get a number that means nothing but you wasted hours of your life doing something unenjoyable. I tried to give the extra stuff a shot after I finished the storyline and I lasted half an hour before I quit and uninstalled the game because all the actual content was gone and done.

Make it fun like Saints Row 4 did and I might care. Don't make it a test of how much boring shit I'll put up with.
    There's a final mission after you get 100%.
  • urban 8 Oct 2013 07:56:01 10,924 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why they thought anyone would want to move around in something for any length of time that goes 10mph. It was punishment enough stealing the fucking thing and moving it from one dock to the next
  • HarryPalmer 8 Oct 2013 09:25:58 3,111 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Horses for courses.

I have to restart from 60% as Rockstar fucked up. So the sub is the least of my worries.
  • convercide 8 Oct 2013 09:31:29 5,921 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like the foreign film at the cinema. The woman talks in French and the guy in Spanish. :D

EDIT: or Italian... I didn't take either at school.

Edited by convercide at 09:32:42 08-10-2013

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Fake_Blood 8 Oct 2013 09:38:24 4,074 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    GTA5 just killed my launch 60GB ps3.
    Djezus I can't buy a new ps3 so close to the ps4 launch :/
  • Steve_Perry 8 Oct 2013 09:42:42 3,584 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Christ, that third triathlon is bloody ridiculous. Finished it on my first attempt, too me over 27 minutes. Time to backup my save cause I'm never doing that again. Just awful. Feel bad for people who failed this at any point. Apparently if you accidentally press right on the dpad, or accidentally get off your bike, or accidentally hit a pedestrian, you'll fail immediately and with no warning.
    Yeah it is horrendous. I had to keep pausing it because my hands were aching. Completely daft that. I'm just glad I did it in one because I'm never doing it again.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• kinky_mong 8 Oct 2013 10:52:23 9,962 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally finished the Epsilon missions last night (hooray for sellotape so I could run in the desert while eating dinner and watching Netflix!). Had to reload a save for the last mission though as fuck getting that rusty tractor after all that shit! That's 2 million that's gone straight into pisswasser shares.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• modula 8 Oct 2013 11:24:25 246 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @kinky_mong yeah I'm on that running in the desert mission now; makes me wish for an old school rapid fire controller. After amassing 2 miles earlier it proceeded to warn me that I was leaving the mission area after it failed me for leaving the area. Bastard
  • imamazed 8 Oct 2013 11:27:01 5,520 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cycles of West Coast Classics, Soulwax FM, Lowdown FM and the rock one for me.
  • GiarcYekrub 8 Oct 2013 11:43:18 3,662 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Finally finished the Epsilon missions last night (hooray for sellotape so I could run in the desert while eating dinner and watching Netflix!). Had to reload a save for the last mission though as fuck getting that rusty tractor after all that shit! That's 2 million that's gone straight into pisswasser shares.
    Wish I thought of that...
  • X201 8 Oct 2013 14:54:23 15,138 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was aiming for a James Bond style leap over the gate, but it drifted right at the last moment and hit the house.

At least I parked it well :)

• drhickman1983 8 Oct 2013 15:21:33 200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What do people think of the radio stations?

Some good tracks in there certainly. It was always going to be hard to make a soundtrack as iconic as VC or even SA. By virtue of those games being set in the past it's a lot easier to pick more iconic tunes of that era. But V has done better than IV.

Still really miss Double Clef from GTA III though.

I am impressed by the ambient score too.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 15:21:46 08-10-2013

Edited by drhickman1983 at 15:25:49 08-10-2013
  • imamazed 8 Oct 2013 15:25:39 5,520 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:

Some good tracks in there certainly. It was always going to be hard to make a soundtrack as iconic as VC or even SA. By virtue of those games being set in the past it's a lot easier to pick more iconic tunes of that era. But V has done better than IV.

Still really miss Double Clef from GTA III though.
    I agree with really missing Double Cleff.

I think the radio is, once again, excellent. It's easy for some dismiss it as soon as they don't see many songs they recognise. The real draw for me in any GTA soundtrack is the diversity and the ability to introduce you to new music.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Oct 2013 15:27:19 14,419 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @drhickman1983

Pop and rock and talk mostly for me, although now I have completed I tend to piss about with my own sounds from the 360, Soundgarden, Johnny Cash complete American recordings for Trevour. 80's mix "tape" and of course the Floyd ;)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 15:27:46 08-10-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Spong 8 Oct 2013 15:32:23 525 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    To be honest, the soundtracks have lost their sheen for me. I loved them back in the day of GTAIII, Vice City & San Andreas. Vice City initially gave the licensed tracks a leg up because of the '80s era, but it quickly wore off in subsequent games. I haven't actively sought out a GTA soundtrack since San Andreas, to me they're just compilation albums now, no different to something like Now That's What I Call Music where you like a few tracks but rarely the majority.

The ambient soundtrack in GTAV though, that's pretty brilliant. I love the way it's dynamic too, mixing & changing with what's going on on-screen. It's far better than the licensed stuff. If Rockstar released that as a separate soundtrack, I'd probably hunt that down.
  • drhickman1983 8 Oct 2013 15:33:49 200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @imamazed

I do agree that the radio can introduce you to good songs. And occasionally put old songs (or even whole genres) that perhaps you didn't like before into a new light.
  • drhickman1983 8 Oct 2013 15:44:27 200 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Spong

Didn't they release 3 soundtrack albums, albeit only in the US (last I checked), and one of those was the abmient score, or at least part of it.

I'd say there are a few gems on the radio stations. Soulwax FM is fairly enjoyable, quite enjoy the remix of the Pulp song on there. Find Non-Stop Pop enjoyable too for some reason. And Channel X.

The only station I find it hard to listen to is Wordwide FM. The musics great but I find Giles Peterson annoying as a radio DJ. Just like his actual shows.
  • Steve_Perry 8 Oct 2013 15:46:01 3,584 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The radio talk shows have grown on me. I was listening to one last night about some liberal politician and it was really funny. Not exactly the height of satire but at least they have the balls to take on the subject in the medium.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Madder-Max 8 Oct 2013 15:55:52 11,622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mirror Park is excellent cos I discoverd Live Your Life by Yuna (some remix). Which led me to you tube and the track comments full of people gone there after hearing it on gta.

You don't get to hear the whole mix in the game though. Worth looking up on youtube

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Page

of 318 First / Last