of 315 First / Last

• StarchildHypocrethes 26 Jul 2010 11:40:30 24,558 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You mean, make it a Western?
  • M83J01P97 26 Jul 2010 11:42:05 6,384 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, I mean add more game play to the game than just missions, racing and hanging out with friends, and actually make that game play rewarding.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 26 Jul 2010 11:43:27 24,558 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Personally, I'd say that was exactly what RDR was missing in comparison to most of the GTA games. Beyond the main missions, I didn't think there was much* to do at all tbh.

*of interest
  • matt6666 26 Jul 2010 11:47:28 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd like them to make it so that it is bloody difficult and rewarding to steal a car.

Why make the core mechanic a piece of piss no technique to achieve instead of a skill to be mastered?

Just drag people out of cars?
  • kalel 26 Jul 2010 11:48:32 83,871 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We’re still a good few years away from the next generation of consoles and Rockstar know what pays their bills. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t another GTA game before then.

That said we still don’t know much at all about Agent, so it’s safe to assume that’s still a while off yet.
  • matt6666 26 Jul 2010 12:19:26 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Never heard of Agent but always though a thriller where you play a detective within that engine would be great.

Maybe an overarching story of a serial killer or something with all manner of subplots and gameplay diversions..

Hell the police part of IV was more fun than all that relationship garbage.. Imo opinion of course..
  • matt6666 26 Jul 2010 12:19:27 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • urban 26 Jul 2010 12:21:48 10,892 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Unsurprisingly in san andreas...
  • LFMartins 26 Jul 2010 12:25:55 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    matt6666 wrote:
    Never heard of Agent but always though a thriller where you play a detective within that engine would be great.

Maybe an overarching story of a serial killer or something with all manner of subplots and gameplay diversions..

Hell the police part of IV was more fun than all that relationship garbage.. Imo opinion of course..

You´ll get to play a detective in L.A. Noire.
  • matt6666 26 Jul 2010 12:28:11 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    cool
  • Lukus 26 Jul 2010 12:31:36 18,955 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd like LucasArts to give Rockstar the Star Wars license to GTA up. I think that could be my dream game. A futuristic city (like the one in Episode II) inhabited by Star Wars characters, vehicles and weapons and alliances. Add in a few more RPG-esque elements, as with Red Dead Redemption, where you can upgrade your character and unlock abilities as you go along, throw in the old light side/dark side game mechanic and Fable-ish facial morphs and have NPCs react to your appearance.

Perfect game right there.

Paintings & Photographs

• RetardStrong 26 Jul 2010 12:36:23 3,229 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    I'd like LucasArts to give Rockstar the Star Wars license to GTA up. I think that could be my dream game. A futuristic city (like the one in Episode II) inhabited by Star Wars characters, vehicles and weapons and alliances. Add in a few more RPG-esque elements, as with Red Dead Redemption, where you can upgrade your character and unlock abilities as you go along, throw in the old light side/dark side game mechanic and Fable-ish facial morphs and have NPCs react to your appearance.

...and then run over wookie children in your stolen glider.
  • the_dudefather 26 Jul 2010 12:53:10 8,976 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GTA: Ankh Morpork

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Deleted user 26 July 2010 13:55:46
    Lukus wrote:

Great idea.
  • Ron_Justice 26 Jul 2010 15:56:50 2,274 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Obviously, we don't really know shit about shit, but if there's the slightest shred of truth to this then R* need a reality check. Almost every thread and comment section I've read, both here and on other sites, has pretty much been the same. SA = Meh. VC = the Holy Grail. Within contemporary society, Retro is still in full effect, fashion, music, movies. Put simply, a return to VC makes a lot of sense.

As I said, we don;t know shit and this 'news' is a bit too vague to really pinpoint anything. For all we know, the new GTA will be in Carcer City, set in the late 70's / early 80's, and take it's inspiration from movies like The Warriors, Night Hawks and The French Connection.

Basically, there's nothing new to see here.

/really doesn't want to eat his words

Steam/Origin - Ron_Justice
    PSN - hyper_808

• cianchristopher 26 Jul 2010 16:11:44 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought GTA IV was very reminiscent of The French Connection as it was. (even though it has a contemporary setting).

Also, you talk about "retro" when comparing Vice City to San Andreas, but you didn't mention that San Andreas was retro itself (early-1990s setting).

For me, and no doubt many others, the setting and soundtrack to San Andreas was the equal of the brilliant Vice City.
  • ModishNouns 26 Jul 2010 16:17:42 4,633 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    We don't know anything for certain, but to say "we don't know shit" is a gross overreaction. We know it's most likely going to be set around Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles (Vinewood, Los Santos). On top of the rumours, they already have a digital LA built for the current engine, blah-two-pages-ago-blah-etc.
  • Ron_Justice 26 Jul 2010 16:24:12 2,274 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No, I wasn't comparing 'retro' between SA & VC, I was just pointing out that a game set in a retro world, namely one in the 80's, would still be 'valid' given that retro style etc. is still so pervasive.

There is no denying that SA had it's moments but IMO, R* lost a little bit of magic when they left VC. I don't think it's explicitly the 'Miami'/ Vice City location thats the key, although that was suitable iconic for the art style to work well, but a mix of all the elements - game play, story, voice acting, the introduction on Motorbikes, the first use of licensed music etc, etc, etc, that made VC a truly great game. SA, while very good, wasn't, IMO, great.

PSN - hyper_808

• Deleted user 26 July 2010 16:24:44
    Set it in Jersey with a similar opening to this = Eurogamer Winnar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYpbpqxf4o

Edit: Funny how Tony was such a really cool and likeable character and yet still the head of a crime family.
  • ModishNouns 26 Jul 2010 16:28:49 4,633 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AltCtrlDelete wrote:

Edit: Funny how Tony was such a really cool and likeable character and yet still the head of a crime family.

Set it in Jersey?
  • matt6666 26 Jul 2010 16:29:33 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AltCtrlDelete wrote:

he had an edge though..
  • Ron_Justice 26 Jul 2010 16:35:07 2,274 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ModishNouns wrote:
    We don't know anything for certain, but to say "we don't know shit" is a gross overreaction. We know it's most likely going to be set around Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles (Vinewood, Los Santos). On top of the rumours, they already have a digital LA built for the current engine, blah-two-pages-ago-blah-etc.

No, we don't know anything for certain and I'll not labor on a 'could be' / 'might be' point but I just remember the early days of GTAIV's development. The rumors floating around were of a similar nature, in their vagueness, with people using the fact that things like GTATokyo.com being registered (by R* iirc) meant that GTAIV was going to be set in Tokyo.

R* are pretty adept at smoke and mirrors. Yes we have two independent sources for this rumor but it doesn't mean a great deal, in real terms. Time will tell but for me, a rehash of SA, while I'm sure it'll be enjoyable, will be a missed opportunity.

/ever the optimist...

PSN - hyper_808

• oceanmotion 26 Jul 2010 17:19:54 15,243 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do Rockstar really give a shit ? The games haven't changed. Do they even listen to feedback ?

Hopefully GTA IV got the most of the tech development time out of the way and they can concentrate on making the game fun and interesting. It really is beyond shit these days, yes, even Vice City for the most part. GTA needs a right kick up the arse.
  • matt6666 26 Jul 2010 17:29:29 2,620 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Probably not, but given the fact that there are a few competitors, hopefully they do..
  • kalel 26 Jul 2010 17:33:38 83,871 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's worth noting that GTA games all have a fairly large relience on certain cinematic genres and specific films. They can move away from that to an extent (as they sort of did with GTA IV), but I think somewhere like Tokyo would be too big a leap.
  • kalel 26 Jul 2010 17:34:23 83,871 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    WooHoo!!! wrote:
    Do Rockstar really give a shit ? The games haven't changed. Do they even listen to feedback ?

Hopefully GTA IV got the most of the tech development time out of the way and they can concentrate on making the game fun and interesting. It really is beyond shit these days, yes, even Vice City for the most part. GTA needs a right kick up the arse.

I take it you didn't play the GTA IV expansions?
  • WoodenSpoon 26 Jul 2010 18:40:37 12,251 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Personally I prefered the more down to earth stylings of GTA 4. I also thought the driving and shooting mechanics were vastly improved over GTA's PS2 era incarnations.

If they stick a bit more army stuff in, let me run businesses, and add some more cool unlockable stuff for people who've hammered the game then I'll be happy.

• Huntcjna 25 Oct 2011 12:43:46 13,870 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trailer announcement for November 2nd

Link

Do want it to stay semi serious a la IV or go all out mental a la San Andreas?
  • spamdangled 25 Oct 2011 12:48:08 27,197 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Find a balance between the two. And leave out the hiphop gangsta shit.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Page

of 315 First / Last