Grand Theft Auto V Page 299

• Page

of 363 First / Last

• vyseofhr 6 Oct 2013 15:41:07 906 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It would be a total waste of an amazing game world if they didn't. There's still so much untapped potential.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• Ashwood 6 Oct 2013 15:42:59 408 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fingers crossed.
  • Spong 6 Oct 2013 15:48:57 525 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Had a night of constant console lock ups/freezes last night so definitely know there is an issue with this game and older model 360's.
    Playing mine on a 2008 Elite with both discs installed to the hard drive. I've had no problems more noteable than the garage bug really. Sure it wasn't your console and not the game?

Ashwood wrote:
    EDIT: And do you think we'll even get expansions? I really hope so, but I feel like focus will be solely on GTA Online.
    Do what Crystal Dynamics did with TR9? No one can be that retarded, surely? But then GTAO is something people actually wanted, unlike multiplayer Tomb Raider. I hope Rockstar have got more single-player content up their sleeve, it'd be a shocking waste of a world if they haven't. So much of it lies untouched & unused.
  • Nehmis 6 Oct 2013 15:55:18 699 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thoughts on the ending:

Choosing Option C, I felt the way you killed Haines was very.. anti-climatic. This guy who's a complete arsewipe the whole game ends up dying with little fanfare, compared to say Devin Weston's death. You would've though Haines would've been the main focus there. To be fair, I felt that way the whole game, outside of Trevor being Trevor and the token arguments from Michael, all three characters just rolled with whatever they were asked to do. Half the time not even getting paid for it. Maybe that's the point the game/story was trying to make... shit happens, you can't do anything about it.

They kinda brushed off the whole Trevor wants Michael dead thing too. You get the impression that there are supposed to be these bug payoffs that never really happen. Meh

Apart from that though, it's a very, very enjoyable game. Good script, the three characters were awesome, very well done. Will look forward to any expansions.

And a GTA online question, are plane races available? I can see those being crazy as hell.
  • spamdangled 6 Oct 2013 16:11:51 27,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ka-blamo

I have a suspicion they'll be more ambitious than BoGT or TLaD. They've mentioned other cities...

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Syrette 6 Oct 2013 16:14:21 44,304 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @darkmorgado

Where (have they mentioned that)?

• spamdangled 6 Oct 2013 16:14:40 27,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Depending on your ending Devin, Stretch and Haines can all be dead so I doubt they'll be explored. Since any of your characters can end up dead I assume expansions won't involve them either. Most likely an expansion will be set around more or less completely new characters.
    True. But then the GTA IV expansions ran parallel to the main storyline rather than being set afterwards, and you only got the full picture if you complete all of them.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 6 Oct 2013 16:15:17 27,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrette

Syrette wrote:
    @darkmorgado

There was an interview. I think I came across it on CVG. I'll see if I can find it and edit in a link.

EDIT: Here you go - pretty big interview with the President of R* North.

Page 3, when asked about future expansions:

Well, one thing we've toyed with - and we've talked about this before, so it isn't a spoiler - is (the ambition) to grow this world until it's the world. We're just going to add on new things to it, new places all the time. We've set this up so there are no limitations. The only limitation is the size of the disc and how much memory we've got. We could, if we wanted, simulate the entire world, different countries, whatever. Whether we do that or not... But we've got a bunch of old stuff that we're toying with using.
    A lot of places have taken that last bit that I've bolded as a big hint they're thinking of putting Liberty City and Vice City into the game.

Edited by darkmorgado at 17:09:00 06-10-2013

• Stranded87 6 Oct 2013 16:16:06 1,009 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado Ah yeah fair point. It's so long since I played them I couldn't remember the time frame. In which case if they do that again it would maybe make sense to explore those characters a bit more.
  • addyb 6 Oct 2013 16:29:55 1,324 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spong wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    Had a night of constant console lock ups/freezes last night so definitely know there is an issue with this game and older model 360's.
    Playing mine on a 2008 Elite with both discs installed to the hard drive. I've had no problems more noteable than the garage bug really. Sure it wasn't your console and not the game?

Ashwood wrote:
    EDIT: And do you think we'll even get expansions? I really hope so, but I feel like focus will be solely on GTA Online.
    Do what Crystal Dynamics did with TR9? No one can be that retarded, surely? But then GTAO is something people actually wanted, unlike multiplayer Tomb Raider. I hope Rockstar have got more single-player content up their sleeve, it'd be a shocking waste of a world if they haven't. So much of it lies untouched & unused.
    Yeah its an issue with some of the old old 360's Every other game is absolutely fine. Poor old lamb can't handle gta v it seems for whatever reason.
  • Ashwood 6 Oct 2013 16:56:13 408 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SambaApe wrote:
    I need to buy the golf course but only have $130m. I didn't realise about leaving the assinayion missions until the end until just before the vice one, so they are all done now.. Any ideas? :s
    BAWSAQ? HAL and PIS are still climbing.
  • Ashwood 6 Oct 2013 17:06:44 408 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you pit the whole 130 mil into PIS, you should make at least 20 mil profit in 2 days (maybe 1).
  • Razz 6 Oct 2013 20:52:25 61,663 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ermmm Hello. Anyone having a weird problem with PS3 controllers?

Often when trying to use special ability or turning a particularly tight corner at speed (accidently clicking in the thumbstick) my character bails out of the vehicle! Really frustrating! Happens with all characters in all manner of vehicle.

At first I thought it was the controller, but I've tried several controllers and I've managed to recreate the bug several times. :(

Anybody else got this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Spong 6 Oct 2013 20:58:05 525 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just put one of those Mini Cooper type cars in Michael's garage, I ran into the house and saved it, then immediately went back to the garage to find the car gone barely thirty seconds later. The garage thing is getting bloody ridiculous now.
  • HoriZon 6 Oct 2013 21:00:38 13,601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't get the point of saving a car for later just grab one after all it's called GTA.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Razz 6 Oct 2013 21:00:59 61,663 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep, I have the same problem, bought a mini cooper. Pimped the fucker out, with the best upgrades. Parked it, went back to the garage. Gone. :(

• Razz 6 Oct 2013 21:01:53 61,663 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @HoriZon the new upgrade and customisation features make it more appealing to save a car for constant use.

• Spong 6 Oct 2013 21:12:45 525 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    Don't get the point of saving a car for later just grab one after all it's called GTA.
    Admittedly the one I was just talking about was no great loss, but some like to get themselves trophy cars and pimp them out a bit. It's shitty if people spend cash on them and then they disappear through no fault of their own.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Oct 2013 21:16:27 15,427 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @Syrette

Syrette wrote:
    @darkmorgado

There was an interview. I think I came across it on CVG. I'll see if I can find it and edit in a link.

EDIT: Here you go - pretty big interview with the President of R* North.

Page 3, when asked about future expansions:

Well, one thing we've toyed with - and we've talked about this before, so it isn't a spoiler - is (the ambition) to grow this world until it's the world. We're just going to add on new things to it, new places all the time. We've set this up so there are no limitations. The only limitation is the size of the disc and how much memory we've got. We could, if we wanted, simulate the entire world, different countries, whatever. Whether we do that or not... But we've got a bunch of old stuff that we're toying with using.
    A lot of places have taken that last bit that I've bolded as a big hint they're thinking of putting Liberty City and Vice City into the game.
    Just dont see the sense in that, I would love them to of course, but if they re-do VC and at somepoint they surely will/must do, even if it is just an HD remake, they would make mucho money by selling as a stand alone.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• spamdangled 6 Oct 2013 21:21:49 27,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Depends how they do it. They could do the mp bit as a free expansion, while releasing a standalone sp game (or just do it similarly to an mmo - you need to buy the new retail box to access stuff). If they reuse the map layout, they just need to update assets. And I'm sure there is loads they could reuse from los santos for that.

/shrug

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:23:33 06-10-2013

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:25:51 06-10-2013

• ED209 6 Oct 2013 21:27:19 505 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago

They've obviously cracked the infinite streaming landscape as I'm amazed at how big this state is without any obvious loading. So I can see that potentially they can just keep adding and adding locations.

However what I'd rather see is adding in more functionality into this state/city around what is already here. Like every major building having a purpose. It always annoys me when I see these intricate structures that are just used for scenery and nothing else. (Going back to the stadium in GTA 3!).

e.g. let me do something with the windfarm, like put the city in darkness or something (btw I've not completed it yet so not sure if that location actually features, just an example off the top of my head).

Samantha Janus?

• spamdangled 6 Oct 2013 21:33:51 27,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They'd just break it. Up into instances. Go to airport, choose destination, load new area.

That's how most do it. Lc, vc, and as aren't anywhere near each other, geographically speaking.

Just throwing this out there... But Bullworth is confirmed by Rockstar to exist in the same world too....

And they said they would be looking at bully 2 after GTA v...

Edited by darkmorgado at 21:35:05 06-10-2013

• ED209 6 Oct 2013 21:56:19 505 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    They'd just break it. Up into instances. Go to airport, choose destination, load new area.
    They could and they might. But my point was sort of that they don't even need to do that now. They're capable of making it stream without a loading pause.

And although they are far apart in real reality, this is fake reality and so they could join them all up with a small strip of 'ocean' in between (The current models are all surrounded by ocean as it is, I think).

Samantha Janus?

• spamdangled 6 Oct 2013 21:58:14 27,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well i would rather see bully 2 before vice city 2....

• ED209 6 Oct 2013 22:03:32 505 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Well i would rather see bully 2 before vice city 2....
    I actually agree. For all I have been saying how they could achieve it, I don't think the game needs more acreage for acreages sake (There's a phrase I never thought I'd have to say).

Samantha Janus?

• M83J01P97 6 Oct 2013 22:03:59 6,717 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surely there is no reason for them to put Liberty City into GTA 5... as nothing will have changed about the city itself other than very minor bits. And that would be boring.

I still believe they will use the DLC to add San Fierro and Las Venturas into the game so as to complete the HD re-imagining of San Andreas.
  • Page

of 363 First / Last