Grand Theft Auto V Page 298

• Page

of 319 First / Last

• spamdangled 5 Oct 2013 16:46:27 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah. Each business has it's own set of missions (aside from a couple). I think once you do them all, the income from the business goes up. Or it might be after doing a certain number, can't remember.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• FuzzyDuck 5 Oct 2013 17:04:34 4,039 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm a bit confused over that - most of your businesses are gonna be bought post-story, so income isn't of much use to you then, added to the fact that you're waiting for the business missions to be triggered by a random text.

Still think Vice City had the best business mechanic.
  • 1Dgaf 5 Oct 2013 17:11:41 3,801 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, Sleeping Dogs was a great game. Its main flaw was that there's nothing to do after finishing the game. The bad guys are always in the same spots on the map, so nothing unexpected ever happens.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• spamdangled 5 Oct 2013 17:12:34 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I preferred the business mechanic from The Godfather games. If GTA did something
    Iike that I think it would be great - intimidating shop owners, setting up protections rackets, and gradually muscling out rival crime families.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Whizzo 5 Oct 2013 17:39:10 43,096 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If anyone is wondering I didn't add the scream to this video.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Kanjin 5 Oct 2013 17:43:46 1,096 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've never played the Godfather games, but having a reason to buy and sell properties other than just money - which I had more than enough of by the end of GTA 5 - sounds more interesting.
  • spamdangled 5 Oct 2013 18:39:01 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kanjin wrote:
    I've never played the Godfather games, but having a reason to buy and sell properties other than just money - which I had more than enough of by the end of GTA 5 - sounds more interesting.
    They were both surprisingly decent, particularly for fans of the films.

I've always wondered if they ever intended to adapt the third film as well. God knows how that would have worked though.

• DUFFMAN5 5 Oct 2013 18:47:08 14,608 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Echo Dale's thoughts re Godfather games. Even played II on Xbox and 360. The sim like management was great.
    I also loved the Scarface game.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• DUFFMAN5 5 Oct 2013 19:20:42 14,608 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have Trevor dressed in a pink dress and blue panties...just don't ask ;-)

Just inhaled some gas as well...

• Spong 5 Oct 2013 19:24:00 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, the garage bug is fixed? That would explain why I had three different cars disappear from two different garages yesterday. I had a generic quad bike and Rolls Royce-esque car I was given after a random encounter both stored in Trevor's trailer garage, both vanished. I had a Lost & Damned van stored in Franklin's Vinewood garage, that went at some point too.
  • monkehhh 5 Oct 2013 19:51:00 3,298 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished the main storyline - decent, but everyone needs to stop shouting at each other. Done the second assassination mission and now each character has $180,000,000 each. Tomorrow will be spent making them more rich :)
  • welshben23 5 Oct 2013 20:06:56 1,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am not sure if the garage bug is fixed but earlier Franklin bought a Rolls Royce (Enus?) and I drove it back to his safehouse and parked it in the garage next to the house. I saved the game and switched to Trevor for a while to do some hunting.

I then switched back to Franklin and the car was still in his garage but there was another one, exactly the same colour etc outside his house so now I have two :D

Edited by welshben23 at 20:07:37 05-10-2013
  • Baihu1983 5 Oct 2013 20:14:41 3,416 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Whizzo That's awesome.
  • shamblemonkee 5 Oct 2013 22:02:46 14,334 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So... The title update appears to have corrupted my save and lost all single player progress. Angry!
  • Spong 5 Oct 2013 22:43:58 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    So... The title update appears to have corrupted my save and lost all single player progress. Angry!
    That's beyond shitty. I held my breath for a moment when my 360 downloaded the update and then proceeded to start a new game. I thought my save had been lost too, but it was still there in the options.
  • shamblemonkee 5 Oct 2013 23:17:08 14,334 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oh maybe mine is to? although it claimed a damaged save file
  • Spong 5 Oct 2013 23:48:00 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be honest, I wasn't paying attention to the game as it reloaded after updating, I looked up when something started happening on-screen and immediately clocked that a new game had started. For all I know, it might've flashed up some kind of message like you mentioned before defaulting to a new game. I just paused the opening and immediately went to the Game/Load tab, my save was there and it loaded fine.
  • shamblemonkee 6 Oct 2013 00:08:37 14,334 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    gonna go try that now
  • ecureuil 6 Oct 2013 00:30:17 76,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spong wrote:
    To be honest, I wasn't paying attention to the game as it reloaded after updating, I looked up when something started happening on-screen and immediately clocked that a new game had started. For all I know, it might've flashed up some kind of message like you mentioned before defaulting to a new game. I just paused the opening and immediately went to the Game/Load tab, my save was there and it loaded fine.
    This happened to me. I simply restarted my Xbox and my proper save loaded up as normal. Heart in mouth moment for a while though.

As for garages eating vehicles, it hasn't been permanent for me. Franklin has had an Infernus in his garage since 15 hours in to the game, I'm now at 50 hours and I keep checking on it and it seems random if it'll be there or not. It never stays gone forever though, I just switch out to another guy, then go back after 10 minutes and it's back again.
  • spamdangled 6 Oct 2013 01:46:48 27,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thoughts on the ending?

I thought it was a bit of a disappointment on the whole. It didn't feel like there was a common thread or plot arc really, more a series of unconnected missions that just suddenly end, particularly compared to San Andreas and GTA IV.

Hope that doesn't need spoilering, it's pretty non-specific.

I can see plenty of scope for the inevitable expansions to elaborate on things though - particularly stuff like Devin vs Solomon, or Lamar vs Stretch (do we ever even meet Stretch? I can't recall). I think there's plenty of scope to delve more into the Steve Haines/ Dave stuff as well.

There's a fair few characters as well that never seem to get much screentime, despite being introduced in a big way. After maybe one or two missions where they are established as being fairly major supporting characters in the three protagonists' backstories, they almost immediately fade into the background aside from the occasional brief phone conversation (Patricia, Chef, Wei Cheng and even Lamar).

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:53:15 06-10-2013

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:54:23 06-10-2013

• dnbuk 6 Oct 2013 03:26:47 4,943 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Loving my chromed out beast in single player.

Edited by dnbuk at 03:27:08 06-10-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Oct 2013 03:53:10 14,608 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @dnbuk
    Very nice. Looks like a 3 series

• addyb 6 Oct 2013 14:45:33 1,046 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a night of constant console lock ups/freezes last night so definitely know there is an issue with this game and older model 360's.

Traded it today for Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 4.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Oct 2013 14:50:42 14,608 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Had a night of constant console lock ups/freezes last night so definitely know there is an issue with this game and older model 360's.

Traded it today for Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 4.
    Shame
    But you have got yourself 2 very descent games there.
    I have completed both and spent many happy hours in their worlds. Still waiting for story dlc for SR4. Have a look on SR4 thread, I just posted a rather nice picture :)

• addyb 6 Oct 2013 14:59:34 1,046 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Yeah im a bit gutted but I have tried everything.  Not to worry I have my save game so can always borrow my mates elite in the future if it doesnt come to next gen or get it for the pc.

I will take a look at the SR4 thread.
  • Stranded87 6 Oct 2013 15:27:44 890 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Thoughts on the ending?

I thought it was a bit of a disappointment on the whole. It didn't feel like there was a common thread or plot arc really, more a series of unconnected missions that just suddenly end, particularly compared to San Andreas and GTA IV.

Hope that doesn't need spoilering, it's pretty non-specific.

I can see plenty of scope for the inevitable expansions to elaborate on things though - particularly stuff like Devin vs Solomon, or Lamar vs Stretch (do we ever even meet Stretch? I can't recall). I think there's plenty of scope to delve more into the Steve Haines/ Dave stuff as well.

There's a fair few characters as well that never seem to get much screentime, despite being introduced in a big way. After maybe one or two missions where they are established as being fairly major supporting characters in the three protagonists' backstories, they almost immediately fade into the background aside from the occasional brief phone conversation (Patricia, Chef, Wei Cheng and even Lamar).

Edited by darkmorgado at 01:53:15 06-10-2013
    Depending on your ending Devin, Stretch and Haines can all be dead so I doubt they'll be explored. Since any of your characters can end up dead I assume expansions won't involve them either. Most likely an expansion will be set around more or less completely new characters.

In terms of my thoughts on the ending I haven't seen them all yet and I don't think the story as a whole was as strong as some of Rockstar's other output, but I think the delivery was by far the strongest of their open world games as by having lots of different characters and story threads it all felt relevant, compared to in GTA 4 or Red Dead where the story was more focussed but in order to make the game long there was a lot of what I would consider to be padding, which lessened the impact imo.

Edited by Stranded87 at 15:30:25 06-10-2013
  • Ashwood 6 Oct 2013 15:30:10 407 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I found it a little strange that the news reports on the radio would always say that you killed someone even if you let them live. There were quite a few times (when you're given a choice) I either let someone live or failed to catch them, turn on the radio: 'So and so was murdered last night'.

EDIT: And do you think we'll even get expansions? I really hope so, but I feel like focus will be solely on GTA Online.

Edited by Ashwood at 15:31:21 06-10-2013
  • Page

of 319 First / Last