Grand Theft Auto V Page 296

• Page

of 361 First / Last

• imamazed 4 Oct 2013 10:47:11 5,952 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did the Vice assassination last night, and discovered a very useful attribute of Franklin's skill. I'm sure many people knew this, but you can use Franklin's in-car slo-mo as bullet time whilst doing drive-by's. It made a potential five-minute mission into a 20 second one.
  • Steve_Perry 4 Oct 2013 10:48:38 5,200 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Did the Vice assassination last night, and discovered a very useful attribute of Franklin's skill. I'm sure many people knew this, but you can use Franklin's in-car slo-mo as bullet time whilst doing drive-by's. It made a potential five-minute mission into a 20 second one.
    Is that the one where you kill the bloke picking up the prozzie? I just stood on the hill, waited with sniper rifle until she started getting in his car and blew his head off.
  • imamazed 4 Oct 2013 10:53:02 5,952 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    Is that the one where you kill the bloke picking up the prozzie? I just stood on the hill, waited with sniper rifle until she started getting in his car and blew his head off.
    It is indeed. That would be a similarly quick way of doing it!
  • Steve_Perry 4 Oct 2013 10:54:45 5,200 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Haha. It's a good point though about Franklin. I should use the abilities more. They're probably the best addition to the game.
  • TheBlackDog 4 Oct 2013 11:27:18 426 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Apologies for asking this here - but seems stupid to revive an old GTA thread.

Simple question, which of the old GTA games is it worth playing on PC before I get GTA V. I seem to remember buying a GTA complete collection in the Steam sales but having never played (or been interested in playing) a GTA game, I'm not sure which ones have "aged" well. I'm assuming definitely 4, but not so sure if I'll be able to cope with anything more vintage than that.
  • Steve_Perry 4 Oct 2013 11:30:04 5,200 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @TheBlackDog - I played GTA SA on Xbox Classics a couple of years ago and it holds up really well.

To be honest you could just jump straight into GTA5. All of the 3D ones have pretty much the same formula.
  • 1Dgaf 4 Oct 2013 13:11:10 3,975 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TheBlackDog

A friend had a lot of fun with GTA IV on PC, but that's because he liked playing with the physics engine. He got mods that reduced friction, lowered gravity and so on.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• welshben23 4 Oct 2013 15:02:08 1,107 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Kiff-fucking-lom.

Finally completed the Tom Cruise, sorry, cult missions last night.

At the end of all that, I only got 1.5 million. I thought it was more like 2.5 million too.
    Did you RPG the helicopter when you drove the car to the meeting point then kill all the guards and lose the cops? I got $2.1million after doing all that.
  • Iain815 4 Oct 2013 15:06:18 441 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
  • Deleted user 4 October 2013 15:11:56
    Iíve completed the game and already done the Lester missions so canít really invest money to raise lots of funds... It means the golf course and two cinemas are out of my price range. Any suggestions?

To be honest, I might just play the game through again anyway but advice is welcome.
  • askew 4 Oct 2013 15:16:17 12,712 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I thought AmmuNation stock on the BAWSAQ was supposed to rise with the online game being available - but its just continuing to drop!

I've lost a shit-load of Michael's money.
  • DUFFMAN5 4 Oct 2013 15:16:22 15,388 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Re game ending chaps. We have not discussed that much. What ending did you go for...

SPOILER alert below obviously

I went for: Kill em all, not T or M.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• mcmothercruncher 4 Oct 2013 15:57:36 7,801 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    welshben23 wrote:
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Kiff-fucking-lom.

Finally completed the Tom Cruise, sorry, cult missions last night.

At the end of all that, I only got 1.5 million. I thought it was more like 2.5 million too.
    Did you RPG the helicopter when you drove the car to the meeting point then kill all the guards and lose the cops? I got $2.1million after doing all that.
    Yeah, enjoyed that bit very much too ;)
    I didn't think the amount was variable, so I guess they changed it.
  • spamdangled 4 Oct 2013 16:04:30 27,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished the story.

I chose option C. Currently still watching the credits, then I'm going to go right back to finishing the side missions and activities, then going nuts with GTAO.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 4 Oct 2013 16:05:18 27,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Re game ending chaps. We have not discussed that much. What ending did you go for...

Same. Can you try the others after through replay?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Iain815 4 Oct 2013 16:20:23 441 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @darkmorgado You can through the replay missions bit. They're awfully dull endings though, picking option C is clearly the better and intended ending.
  • kinky_mong 4 Oct 2013 16:25:07 10,859 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    With regards to the ending: I really can't see why anyone would do anything but option C. Kill your mentor, the best character in the game, or kill all the cunts who have been causing you grief for the entire game? Complete no-brainer.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• twelveways 4 Oct 2013 16:37:20 4,190 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TheBlackDog
    I'm playing through 4 now whilst waiting for 5. It is a really good game that got a lot of criticism for removing some elements of SA despite having a much superior engine.

It doesn't have the expansive terrains of SA and the setting can get a little over-familiar at times, it is also a lot darker and grittier and looks a bit washed out.

The car handling is fantastic once you get used to the cars and the AI and physics are much better than any previous versions.
  • spamdangled 4 Oct 2013 16:37:35 27,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    erm...

ok...

Trevor's mother...

• Steve_Perry 4 Oct 2013 16:47:55 5,200 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    @TheBlackDog
    I'm playing through 4 now whilst waiting for 5. It is a really good game that got a lot of criticism for removing some elements of SA despite having a much superior engine.

It doesn't have the expansive terrains of SA and the setting can get a little over-familiar at times, it is also a lot darker and grittier and looks a bit washed out.

The car handling is fantastic once you get used to the cars and the AI and physics are much better than any previous versions.
    One thing I miss from 4 is the blur effect when you are going really fast. I thought that was pretty cool.
  • X201 4 Oct 2013 16:49:02 15,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    erm...

ok...

Trevor's mother...

Its an awkward one

Don't click the spoiler unless you've got the van and finished the mission.

At first I thought it was to provide an insight into Trevor and the fact that everyday Trevor was caused by his insecurities around his mother. And him needing parental love and praise.

But after you deliver the van and it wraps up the story; It leaves you with two options, either its showing you that she was always walking out on him, but it also allows the thought that Trevor has just hallucinated her and she was never there in the first place.

If there was some trace of her left in the last scene at least I could eliminate that and understand that Rockstar actually were aiming for the first option.

Edited by X201 at 16:52:58 04-10-2013
  • spamdangled 4 Oct 2013 16:51:47 27,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @X201

Still looking for the van. I guess it's just a case of cruising around until I see one?

BTW, do all characters get these little post-credits missions, or just Trevor?

Edited by darkmorgado at 16:52:45 04-10-2013

• X201 4 Oct 2013 16:53:58 15,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @darkmorgado

If you want to save time.

There is always one at Vinewood Hills hospital
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Oct 2013 16:57:48 7,801 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sincerely hope my pregnant better half is feeling tired and uncomfortable and needs to go to bed early again tonight.... in the nicest possible way y'know ;)
  • Rodriguez 4 Oct 2013 20:57:56 1,118 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

Completed the main story last night and went for the same as you guys ;), it's clearly the best way to round things up nicely! I most enjoyed blasting a sniper bullet through the head of that smarmy twat Steve Haines :D.
  • welshben23 4 Oct 2013 20:58:02 1,107 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Umm..have any of you met Ursula yet? :eek::eek:
  • welshben23 4 Oct 2013 21:00:20 1,107 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

Completed the main story last night and went for the same as you guys ;), it's clearly the best way to round things up nicely! I most enjoyed blasting a sniper bullet through the head of that smarmy twat Steve Haines :D.
    :) Me too! The most satisfying kill in the whole game for me.
  • X201 4 Oct 2013 21:03:53 15,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    welshben23 wrote:
    Yep, started driving her home, then the conversation got weird, so I turned around, went in the opposite direction and dropped her off at the cult.
  • welshben23 4 Oct 2013 21:07:39 1,107 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    welshben23 wrote:
    Yep, started driving her home, then the conversation got weird, so I turned around, went in the opposite direction and dropped her off at the cult.
    The conversation made me laugh out loud and freaked me out in equal measure. :D Now Franklin has her as a contact on his phone for a booty call.
  • Page

of 361 First / Last