Grand Theft Auto V Page 293

• Page

of 318 First / Last

• mcmothercruncher 2 Oct 2013 20:18:11 6,488 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    f311 wrote:
    well just had my character deleted, oh joy.
    Bugger, logged on tonight to find the same. It'd be nice to know that if you were able to actually log on, then time spent online wasn't potentially for nowt anyway...

Edited by mcmothercruncher at 20:18:52 02-10-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Oct 2013 20:22:01 5,100 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @magicpanda

I like myself a mystery however, where the heck is this burnt out shack you speak of?

... I thought I found it on the very edge of the Sandy Shore(s) area, to the far west of the runway, but it was inaccessible despite looking like a burnt out house!

A little help, please?

: )
  • askew 2 Oct 2013 20:34:11 12,055 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The need for the game to be online also seems to be causing havoc with the single player campaign... just doing the raid on the GruppeSechs van for the FIB, and at a crucial moment I could not swap PCs - until its connection attempts timed out.
  • Zizoo 2 Oct 2013 20:44:40 8,115 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    f311 wrote:
    Bugger, logged on tonight to find the same. It'd be nice to know that if you were able to actually log on, then time spent online wasn't potentially for nowt anyway...
    The cloud is down. Your character should still be there. I thought mine was deleted as well but the cloud was up for a minute so was my character appeared.
  • askew 2 Oct 2013 20:46:02 12,055 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Surprised they weren't running a beta for those who had bought the Collectors edition. Might have helped them scale it a little easier.
  • Deleted user 2 October 2013 20:46:38
    @askew the same happened to me, then I restarted the game and it loaded as Trevor, but with Michaelís character model and in Trevorís truck. I went and bought a cinema and it switched to Michael automatically, then I switched to Trevor.

It was confusing.
  • Steve_Perry 2 Oct 2013 20:52:30 3,625 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm not installing the update until they have sorted online out. Don't want it fucking my single player game up.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Deleted user 2 October 2013 21:03:46
    heh, i just done the mary ann and trevor encounter. Funny! Made for each other!
  • mcmothercruncher 2 Oct 2013 21:41:18 6,488 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zizoo wrote:
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    f311 wrote:
    The cloud is down. Your character should still be there. I thought mine was deleted as well but the cloud was up for a minute so was my character appeared.
    Cheers for that info, shall keep fingeroonies crossed.
  • GiarcYekrub 2 Oct 2013 21:45:30 3,662 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This really the beta for the full Next Gen release, lets be honest
  • bobdebob 2 Oct 2013 21:53:26 552 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone got the bug where the same 1-3 cars spawn over and over again, not matter what area you're in? And I saw the same bug in GTA online.
  • Deleted user 2 October 2013 21:57:09
    Finding myself getting a bit disinterested in this. But it isn't the games fault, I just can't get invested in like you need to in the 30 mins I have spare to play/can be bothered playing.
  • Deleted user 2 October 2013 22:02:05
    mowgli wrote:
    Finding myself getting a bit disinterested in this. But it isn't the games fault, I just can't get invested in like you need to in the 30 mins I have spare to play/can be bothered playing.
    I have been playing about 30 mins (or one mission) before bed and some mornings, and I'm still enjoying it immensely. It's great even in fairly short bursts.
  • GiarcYekrub 2 Oct 2013 22:14:39 3,662 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bobdebob wrote:
    Anyone got the bug where the same 1-3 cars spawn over and over again, not matter what area you're in? And I saw the same bug in GTA online.
    I had it once when loads of people were driving golf carts round Sandy Shores, seemed alittle on but that was b4 online
  • welshben23 2 Oct 2013 22:44:55 1,074 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    aren't we taking the online chat to the online thread?
    Mainly I think.

I just got the 3 for 3 for 3 cheveo :)
    Did you do it the very, very easy way? :)
  • Deleted user 2 October 2013 23:36:55
    mowgli wrote:
    I understand that.

Its weird, for a bout a year and half i could only stomach half hour to hour play sessiosn on any game. Only a couple of games i have lost hours too.

Gta is the other way round, i can only play it if i have the spare hours to play it, half hour sessions are no good really.
  • Iain815 2 Oct 2013 23:53:25 406 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    *sigh* My character has disappeared too. I hope it's still up on the cloud and not deleted. Won't be happy one bit if it's gone.

I don't mind there being stability problems, but losing all of your progress thus far would be infuriating.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Oct 2013 00:13:03 14,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can kind of forgive the fact that the MP is fucked, although part of me is still angered by this happening.

The bit that really grates is the fact im getting bugs in sp now, maybe a coincidence. 2 crashes tonight, losing me an hour. Not allowing me to swap characters. The one and only time I did swap, I had 2 stars and was being chased by cops, bear in mind I had just left my house...

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Iain815 3 Oct 2013 00:37:11 406 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought I was having streaming problems all of a sudden in single player, but I think I'm just being paranoid.

One thing it did fuck up was that, for some reason, Michael had changed from his Epsilon outfit. So I had to start that get-in-and-out-of-bed-for-10-days ritual all over again.
  • El_MUERkO 3 Oct 2013 00:50:38 16,956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Trevor = Hipster conversation :*D
  • modula 3 Oct 2013 01:30:34 246 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 ditto; a few times since the update I've experienced the not being able to bring up the character switching wheel bug. My saves are going bananas too
  • DaM 3 Oct 2013 09:36:00 12,902 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've had it hang on me twice tonight - once loading, and once mid-mission. Had to restart the console. Never happened before.
  • eleven63 3 Oct 2013 11:27:23 1,601 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As well as having all my stocks wiped in SP, Franklin now has zero ammunition... I've completed the main story line, but since Online went live SP does seem buggy!

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• modula 3 Oct 2013 11:34:06 246 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My latest SP bug since the update is all 3 characters are on pretty much zero health; going to hospital or having a drink don't seem to help at all. Weird
  • FatsoJetson 3 Oct 2013 11:45:58 302 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just reading through the most recent comments here, it seems the (difficult) decision I've made to stay away absolutely from all GTA V related content until after the online shit storm settles down is justified.

Quite looking forward to getting stuck into Splinter Cell: Blacklist again, as it happens. A good game, overshadowed by the release of a better one.
  • Steve_Perry 3 Oct 2013 11:58:23 3,625 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I'm not downloading that patch either. They might have fixed the garages but it seems like they have broken other parts of the game too. Caused more hassle than it's solved.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Ka-blamo 3 Oct 2013 12:08:50 7,293 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There are only garage problems with the house garages, not in the designated garages that you buy.

I worked that out early on it's always been a problem with GTA games, If you put a modded super car in a house garage then you're asking for trouble.
  • imamazed 3 Oct 2013 12:11:48 5,524 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    There are only garage problems with the house garages, not in the designated garages that you buy.

I worked that out early on it's always been a problem with GTA games, If you put a modded super car in a house garage then you're asking for trouble.
    I've never had problems with that in past GTAs
  • kinky_mong 3 Oct 2013 12:13:42 9,984 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you buy a vehicle from a website and it goes directly to your garage is it meant to always be there indefinitely, or are you supposed to return it to that garage each time?

I bought a motorbike for Franklin to do the last race but it's since disappeared.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• SomaticSense 3 Oct 2013 12:17:20 7,976 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    While garage glitches might always have been part of GTA post-III, it's never been a real problem before GTA V as you could never splurge 80% of your early-mid game earnings on upgrading them only for it to all be for nothing.
  • Page

of 318 First / Last