Grand Theft Auto V Page 289

• Page

of 318 First / Last

• spamdangled 1 Oct 2013 19:48:38 27,271 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are you sure? Does it show up on your replayable missions?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• GiarcYekrub 1 Oct 2013 19:52:10 3,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has anyone actually got further than Launching Session...

Edited by GiarcYekrub at 19:52:36 01-10-2013
  • Menace 1 Oct 2013 19:59:38 5,738 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes. The last mission I can replay is 'Derailed'. Guess I have no choice but to go back and try to complete it again..

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• welshben23 1 Oct 2013 20:03:55 1,074 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    twelveways wrote:
    I dont get all the self righteous indignant whining about the Online component. If it was an online only game or like SC where you need to be online to play at all then yes, have a moan. There were bound to be initial problems, R* said so themselves, it was widely reported in the national press. Chill the fuck out.
    This. Ftw.
    People are excited about it so I can understand. Still doesn't excuse childish moaning.
    I don't understand why people think it's childish moaning? Rockstar probably had a fair idea of how many people would buy the game, just look at how many people bought GTA4.

They should've known that probably 90%+ of those people would want to play online. This crap of them warning people to expect problems is just pathetic, if they knew there were going to be problems they should've postponed the launch for a week or 2.

Edited by welshben23 at 20:07:46 01-10-2013

Edited by welshben23 at 20:08:25 01-10-2013
  • onestepfromlost 1 Oct 2013 20:06:31 2,042 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Menace as far as I remember the next mission doesn't unlock immediately im sure you have to get a phone call from ron first for the B to appear. Maybe call Ron see if it triggers it.
  • Menace 1 Oct 2013 20:07:26 5,738 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    @Menace as far as I remember the next mission doesn't unlock immediately im sure you have to get a phone call from ron first for the B to appear. Maybe call Ron see if it triggers it.
    Ah ok, will try that, thx!

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• askew 1 Oct 2013 20:10:44 12,060 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did my funky Eurogamer t-shirt: I went for the white with blue sleeves, with the huge EG globe on the chest ^_^
  • GiarcYekrub 1 Oct 2013 20:14:04 3,667 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    welshben23 wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    twelveways wrote:
    I dont get all the self righteous indignant whining about the Online component. If it was an online only game or like SC where you need to be online to play at all then yes, have a moan. There were bound to be initial problems, R* said so themselves, it was widely reported in the national press. Chill the fuck out.
    This. Ftw.
    People are excited about it so I can understand. Still doesn't excuse childish moaning.
    I don't understand why people think it's childish moaning? Rockstar probably had a fair idea of how many people would buy the game, just look at how many people bought GTA4.

They should've known that probably 90%+ of those people would want to play online. This crap of them warning people to expect problems is just pathetic, if they knew there were going to be problems they should've postponed the launch for a week or 2.

Edited by welshben23 at 20:07:46 01-10-2013
    Woaah there with your wild assumptions, where are you basing a 90+% online player population, like you said they have GTA4 that they could model the player population on, but I don't think there was as nearly as high demand then as now, I'm pretty sure there was a survey recently that said alot of 360's aren't even connected to the net
  • spamdangled 1 Oct 2013 20:16:17 27,271 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @welshben23

/sigh

That's like telling people to "expect the unexpected". It's all well and good saying it in hindsight.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 1 Oct 2013 20:16:57 27,271 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @GiarcYekrub

Indeed. About half of all consoles, I believe it was. Activision even states that most CoD players don't even play online, which is why they continue to provide a single-player campaign.

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:17:36 01-10-2013

• xuiton 1 Oct 2013 20:21:22 297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Are you sure? Does it show up on your replayable missions?
    so much for those dedicated servers you said would be being used as 100% fact.
  • welshben23 1 Oct 2013 20:24:28 1,074 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not basing it on anything. It was just a figure of speech. Ok it was a bit OTT. I read a previous post saying that if Rockstar had enough servers they would just be sitting idle for weeks.

Wrong on so many levels. The first one being that they are probably working on their next game already. The second and most important being that the statement is preposterous, they should have enough servers. People have paid 40 for the game and 30 for Xbox Live Gold and should be able to play the game online whenever they want to.
  • ED209 1 Oct 2013 20:24:49 505 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    welshben23 wrote:
    Hold on there. I never played IV online, but my brother played it all the time. My aunt has never even heard of GTA IV, let alone played it online and I'm fairly sure it's not as popular in the Falklands as we've all been led to believe.

So tell me how Rockstar should have accounted for those statistics and parlayed them into an enjoyable online experience for all and sundry with this latest iteration roman numeral V? Hmmm? Work that one out Stephanie Hawkings??!!!1 Work it out within two weeks of launch you mother.

Samantha Janus?

• welshben23 1 Oct 2013 20:25:54 1,074 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @welshben23

/sigh

That's like telling people to "expect the unexpected". It's all well and good saying it in hindsight.
    Sorry but you've confused me now.
  • neilqpr 1 Oct 2013 20:27:37 2,835 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aren't all big MP launches the same? Why spend a fortune on massive server capacity for the first few days when demand will even out after a short while?
  • BillMurray 1 Oct 2013 20:28:10 7,624 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    askew wrote:
    I did my funky Eurogamer t-shirt: I went for the white with blue sleeves, with the huge EG globe on the chest ^_^
    Snap!
  • welshben23 1 Oct 2013 20:28:33 1,074 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ED209 wrote:
    welshben23 wrote:
    Hold on there. I never played IV online, but my brother played it all the time. My aunt has never even heard of GTA IV, let alone played it online and I'm fairly sure it's not as popular in the Falklands as we've all been led to believe.

So tell me how Rockstar should have accounted for those statistics and parlayed them into an enjoyable online experience for all and sundry with this latest iteration roman numeral V? Hmmm? Work that one out Stephanie Hawkings??!!!1 Work it out within two weeks of launch you mother.
    Does your Aunt even own a console? And who mentioned the Falklands?
  • ED209 1 Oct 2013 20:30:16 505 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Snap!
    Was that the sound of your spinal column breaking at the sheer excitement of huge globes on chests?

Samantha Janus?

• phoopipe 1 Oct 2013 20:31:24 1,389 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The character creation is complete and utter shite.

Glad i got that off my chest.
  • ED209 1 Oct 2013 20:32:04 505 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    welshben23 wrote:

Does your Aunt even own a console? And who mentioned the Falklands?
    I've never thought to ask her to be honest. Les Benzies, if you're reading this. Just put a question mark next to her name.

Samantha Janus?

• twelveways 1 Oct 2013 20:33:14 3,874 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has there been any mention of a next gen release?
  • ED209 1 Oct 2013 20:35:53 505 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    twelveways wrote:
    Well my aunt had a daughter (my cousin) if that's what you mean?

Samantha Janus?

• BillMurray 1 Oct 2013 20:42:16 7,624 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ED209 wrote:
    BillMurray wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Snap!
    Was that the sound of your spinal column breaking at the sheer excitement of huge globes on chests?
    All on my chest and face.
  • Anthony_UK 1 Oct 2013 20:43:40 2,464 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think there's any real way to stress test 10 million people logging to servers all at the same other than to basically suck it and see. I don't really understand all the anger, just give them a few days to sort it out.

Personally despite the fancy trailers, I think it looks like fun co-op missions mixed with getting seeked out and harassed by idiots in the open world element. Admittedly I don't have a full grasp of how it all works, so I could be wrong.
  • spamdangled 1 Oct 2013 20:45:20 27,271 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ED209 wrote:
    twelveways wrote:
    Was she adequately prepared for it?

• Ka-blamo 1 Oct 2013 20:49:29 7,295 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    welshben23 wrote:
    They should've known that probably 90%+ of those people would want to play online.
    Where the fuck did you get that percentage from!?
  • localnotail 1 Oct 2013 20:49:54 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, (assuming they can get on) will people calm down and stop committing random ultraviolence on each other at some point, or is online just going to descend into constant frustrating bullshit that makes it virtually impossible to get any real action?

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• welshben23 1 Oct 2013 20:55:31 1,074 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    welshben23 wrote:
    They should've known that probably 90%+ of those people would want to play online.
    Where the fuck did you get that percentage from!?
    Jesus Christ! It was a figure of speech! People stop acting so nerdy FFS!
  • ED209 1 Oct 2013 20:56:34 505 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    ED209 wrote:
    twelveways wrote:
    Was she adequately prepared for it?
    Well it was touch and go at the beginning, but no-ones ever died from not getting enough food, right?

Anyway that was several years ago now, from what I hear my cousin has been entertaining many people for years and hasn't gone down once.

Samantha Janus?

• localnotail 1 Oct 2013 20:57:40 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is a guy in the session I am watching that is basically just stalking everyone, waiting until they exit a building and ambushing them.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Page

of 318 First / Last