Grand Theft Auto V Page 270

• Page

of 318 First / Last

• Airwane 26 Sep 2013 22:47:58 165 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That stupid hacker from Lifeinvader wants Michael to give him a job on the next score.
    Who would hire a Hacker who can't even deal with a virus on his desktop??

My gaming channel http://www.youtube.com/TheBlackViceroy

• SuperCoolEskimo 26 Sep 2013 23:02:25 9,711 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just read the article on front page about the garage bug, which caused me to lose a sweet car. :(

What's the best alternative then to keep a second car? I have one safe house, the one from the start.

Please @ me a response so I can read them in my notifications inbox. Avoiding this thread due to spoilers. Thanks.
  • phoopipe 26 Sep 2013 23:16:11 1,389 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SuperCoolEskimo In my experience avoid it. Spent and lost a small fortune.
  • Rodriguez 26 Sep 2013 23:35:36 1,083 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Mike1980 wrote:
    I've met a few people in town with blue blips on the minimap but with nothing to do with them. (a zombie, someone dressed as a founding father and some hippy bloke called Jessie) when I go to them and press right, they share a sentence or two then that's it. Am I missing something?
    I was wondering the same thing. I chinned one of them!
    Haha! I had one of those blue dot missions yesterday as Michael out in the country area, with a guy being held up by two armed bikers. I shot the two bikers dead and went over to the guy who walked towards me and said 'Thanks man, lets get out of he....'

He didn't get to finish his sentence because I'd innocuously pressed 'O' button to simply reload my gun, but instead Michael decided to pistol whip him(!?), causing the guy I'd saved to pass out cold next to the two dead guys. I pretty much let out a '/0\ what the fuck!' before pissing myself with laughter at the whole sorry episode :D

Edited by Rodriguez at 23:36:39 26-09-2013
  • Ashwood 27 Sep 2013 00:11:39 400 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @SuperCoolEskimo Saving cars in their bigger garages (the garage symbol on the map) has worked fine for me. It's only the garage at the safehouse that seems to eat cars.
  • modula 27 Sep 2013 01:26:26 246 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nooooooooooo! After a tip from a random encounter I invested every penny of franklin's into a company, and the stocks were immediately hugely profitable. I've been religiously checking them after I do anything and they've still been on the rise. Loaded it up this morning and they're now worth -$200,000. Loaded up my save game from last night, when they were still profitable, and it now says the minus figure! Well I guess this game has taught me something about greed then
  • Rusty_M 27 Sep 2013 07:15:54 4,570 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well I finished this last night. 84% complete.

For me, they all lived happily ever after.

The first post-completion strangers and freaks mission I got explained a LOT (Mrs Philips)

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• MadCaddy13 27 Sep 2013 07:28:11 1,856 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    modula wrote:
    Nooooooooooo! After a tip from a random encounter I invested every penny of franklin's into a company, and the stocks were immediately hugely profitable. I've been religiously checking them after I do anything and they've still been on the rise. Loaded it up this morning and they're now worth -$200,000. Loaded up my save game from last night, when they were still profitable, and it now says the minus figure! Well I guess this game has taught me something about greed then
    This is the part where you jump out the window
  • MadCaddy13 27 Sep 2013 07:30:08 1,856 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love how when you go into a clothes shop as a certain person and you can tell they don't like what their trying out.

Trevor hates those $5000 suits but loves the cheap tacky ones. Love it!
  • Deleted user 27 September 2013 08:03:40
    modula wrote:
    Ack now I'm going to be worrying about this all day at work! What a saddo.
  • captbirdseye 27 Sep 2013 08:10:05 4,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You need be careful with the stock market as it updates itself every 30 secs.
  • Baihu1983 27 Sep 2013 08:34:53 3,278 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is it true you can buy stock in say Clucking bell then go on a little rampage at taco bomb to improve CB's stock?
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Sep 2013 08:39:29 6,654 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wouldn't surprise me :D
  • captbirdseye 27 Sep 2013 08:41:26 4,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Baihu1983 Yep, killing your competitors workers does increase your market stock.
  • Syrette 27 Sep 2013 08:41:35 43,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @modula

Where is this random encounter mate?

• Baihu1983 27 Sep 2013 08:56:02 3,278 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I got a tip from one when playing as Trevor. He was along the beach coast with a broken down car and needed to get to the airport.

Also had a random with 2 old men...

completely naked from the waist down trying to rape a women
  • modula 27 Sep 2013 09:05:53 246 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Baihu1983 Yeah that was it - a broken down rental car. Couldn't say where along the coastline it was though. In an added twist of greed I loaded my game up again earlier and the share dip had vanished - my profits were growing steadily still. However, rather than selling them all while it was ok, I assumed the dip had been a bug and held on to the shares. Ten minutes later it wigs out as if they were never on the up, and I'm minus $160,000. Balls; I've learned nothing.
  • daft 27 Sep 2013 09:50:35 448 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ordered yesterday. Stupid ass me went for the Amazon free shipping, and apparently it's a bit like walking to Mordor since I will have to wait for at least 7 days for it to get from the UK to Sweden. Good thing I'm a patient man.
  • daft 27 Sep 2013 09:50:53 448 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GODDAMMIT WHERE IS MY GTA5 AMAZON?!?!?!11
  • Deleted user 27 September 2013 09:59:45
    anyone got any stock tips?

I've made 600k off HAL
  • magicpanda 27 Sep 2013 10:17:26 13,262 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Is it true you can buy stock in say Clucking bell then go on a little rampage at taco bomb to improve CB's stock?
    It's easier the other way around as there is a big Clucking Bell Depot in the northernmost town on the map. It sends out Hauling trucks all the time.

There is a Post Op depot near there as well which has lots of workers.
  • Airwane 27 Sep 2013 10:31:41 165 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    WTF! I bought some property with F and it supposed to generate $9500 a week. Check on Monday got only $4500???
    who where is the rest? if I could i would beat up the manager

• GiarcYekrub 27 Sep 2013 10:35:47 3,660 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone know how to start the Vespucci Canal Bike Race?
  • Airwane 27 Sep 2013 10:39:40 165 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    When you bored have fun with a tank! lol

• bobdebob 27 Sep 2013 10:39:47 548 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    No, it's random. Trust me there's a 17 page thread on GTAnet with people trying to influence the stocks.
  • phoopipe 27 Sep 2013 10:42:31 1,389 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Airwane Apparently "gangs" can attack places and if you dont go stop them it affects how much income generates that week. You maybe missed a warning ?
  • TarickStonefire 27 Sep 2013 10:52:35 2,897 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Airwane wrote:
    WTF! I bought some property with F and it supposed to generate $9500 a week. Check on Monday got only $4500???
    who where is the rest? if I could i would beat up the manager
    Either you missed a mission that the property called you for, or you bought the property halfway through the previous week, earning you only half the regular money when the first payday rolled in.

Smoke On The Water by any chance? They call with missions like 'collect this week's weed supply' or 'recover our stolen delivery van'. They're time-dependant and if you don't do them you risk a lower take that week.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 27 Sep 2013 10:55:17 2,897 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Biscuitician wrote:
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Is there anything you do like about GTA V? Or, indeed, life?
    Bizarre question.

I have never said it's a bad game, though i'm enjoying SR3 more right now. This is ebcause SR3 is oriented to be fun. I can call a dude to ferry my car over to me when I need it. Unfortunately GTA's best parts are in the cut scenes. Hopefully the online willbe decent.
    You may not have said it's a bad game but you're gleefully stuffing the thread up with one moan after
    another, that all sound like someone wilfully being a misery guts for some reason.

And you know it. So don't be so disingenuous, this is the internet and we're onto your shit.

EDIT:

I also like SR3, and I also like how they deliver cars. I sometimes wish I could do the same in GTA - but YOU CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S NOT SAINTS ROW. They do things differently in these two games. If they did things exactly the same it would be stupid. The point of choice is variety, not differing shades of exactly the same.

"The best parts are in the cut scenes" bullshit. The best parts are where you hurtle around the map making your own fun, having random encounters, admiring the scenery, throwing off the cops after a map-wide pursuit, jumping between characters to mop up missions, and generally playing the game the way you want to play it.

The way you want to play the game appears to be this: go on EG and moan about how individual elements aren't *exactly* how you would have done them, then protest that you're not slagging it off, you just think other games are all entirely better waaaah.

I'd lol, but it's just pathetic.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 10:57:36 27-09-2013

Edited by TarickStonefire at 10:59:18 27-09-2013

• TarickStonefire 27 Sep 2013 11:06:00 2,897 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Biscuitician wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Biscuitician wrote:
    You spend more time stuck in traffic than actually doing anything exciting and the side activities are rather pointless. The game has a problem with pacing and portioning out activities/rewards. So i can buy a towing company...yippee. Now I can play Slow Truck Towing insted of Grand Theft Auto.
    Stuck in traffic? In GTA? For real? Jesus man. Either get a taxi and fast travel, or drive like a lunatic instead of a boring old fart. Stuck in traffic in GTA indeed, I've never heard anything so wilfully daft :D

As for pacing and portioning out rewards, perhaps that's because in an open world game there's no knowing what the player is going to do, when. I've had no problem finding something to pursue, and when there wasn't anything obvious i did a Story Mission.

You don't HAVE to tow trucks. I also notice you deliberately picked oone that is fairly boring. Didn't pick the one where you drop guns across SA from a plane, or go exploring the ocean bed in a sub, or anything like that.

As for side activities being pointless, aren't *games* pointless?
    When I say stucfk in traffic I mean stuck having to deal with the game's fuck awful traffic mechanism. Cars will swerve into you all the time and dodging traffic to get past on a journey half way round the map is tedious, as is using a cab. Why not just have a proper fast travel option. These bigger annd better open world games aren't always. What you need is an interesting map with interesting things to do.

Franklin can't do the gun running missions. Each character has specific businesses they can buy (which the game oesn't tell you). So Franklin needs to earn money he has to do tediou smissions like that.

The picking up nucleaer waste mission is also fucking crap. The sub is slow, handles like a pig floating in sick and the underwater visuals are so murky it's just not fun.

It's not as good as San Andreas.
    Cars don't swerve into me unless it's the cops. I suspect you're either shite at driving, or you're making stuff up to justify your moan.

If dodging traffic to get past on a journey halfway round a map is frustrating, take a cab.

If taking a cab is tedious, I simply don't know what to say to you. Call cab, get in cab seconds later, select destination, hit Fast Travel, fade to black, arrive seconds later. What is your fucking problem you idiot?

Waaaah you want a 'proper' fast travel option? Why? Play by the rules of the game. In GTA you want to fast travel you call a fucking cab. Get over it.

Franklin can't do gun running missions, you're right. He can do plenty of other shit, though. Perhaps if you just stopped fucking whining and played the game you'd discover the stuff he can do. I'm not spoon feeding you, you tiresome little attention whore.

As for what missions you hate and what cars you hate and what vehicles you hate and what you'd have done differently... waah waaah waaaaaaaah. Aaaaaand, IGNORED.

There, now the thread is full of people enjoying the game again :D

• Page

of 318 First / Last