Grand Theft Auto V Page 125

• Page

of 318 First / Last

• X201 7 Sep 2013 15:20:38 15,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's Undead Nightmare finished.

Only thing I can do to pass the time now is either 100% it or do the stunt jumps in the PC version of GTA IV.
  • urban 7 Sep 2013 15:33:01 10,923 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd love to be playing RDR right now :(

/kicks stupid dead PS3
  • barchetta 7 Sep 2013 15:51:34 1,315 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is it Midnight Club on the left? No Manhunt1? Twas grim but worth experiencing.
  • urban 7 Sep 2013 16:15:18 10,923 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Guardian Article with Dan Houser

"The single longest process is always creating the world," confirms Houser, revealing that the new Los Santos map is bigger than those of GTA IV, GTA: San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined. It's not surprising to learn that he sat geography at Oxford. "We spent a minimum of 100 days in Los Angeles on research trips, probably more," he says of production, which began at the height of the US's sub-prime financial crisis in 2010. "Out and about, all night long with weird people, strange cops showing us around, a lot of first-hand research. We spoke to FBI agents that have been undercover, experts in the Mafia, street gangsters who know the slang we even went to see a proper prison. These poor buggers in the middle of the salt flat desert, miles away. It was eye-openingly depressing."
    Edited by urban at 16:23:48 07-09-2013
  • Garfy 7 Sep 2013 16:36:21 671 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still haven't decided how to get this since I cancelled with GAME.

I could risk amazon 1st-class delivery for 35 quid or I could hunt for it at retail on release day like some sort of caveman, either way risks missing it on the 17th.

You make really great games Rockstar, there's no need to be such dicks about it.
  • Rusty_M 7 Sep 2013 16:54:23 4,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tesco have an offer whereby you can save 5 when you spend over 35 on selected pre-order games. I'm thinking of using that.

Voucher code: TD-GL4Q

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• f311 7 Sep 2013 16:58:56 245 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So was it confirmed that rockstar werent allowing ANYONE to send it before the day before? or was it just GAME?

If so im just gonna pop down to my local indie store and coax it out of them a day before ;)

Also has anyone seen how many missions is in the single player campaign?
  • Baihu1983 7 Sep 2013 17:45:42 3,278 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If R* didn't allow it Shopto would have probably made some noise like they have with COD:Ghosts which they aren't selling.
  • f311 7 Sep 2013 17:48:54 245 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well wasn't that they werent allowing them to send it till release day?
  • bodhi85uk 7 Sep 2013 18:03:53 179 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ShopTo sent me an email saying they would begin processing/payment on Tuesday 10th, I suspect they've got so many orders, they physically couldn't get them boxed and ready, then shipped all on the 16th.

I'm crossing my fingers they start sending them out Thursday/Friday/Saturday and then play all innocent if Rockstar slap their wrists over it.
  • f311 7 Sep 2013 18:13:09 245 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/no_european_retailer_will_ship_gta_5_before_monday_september_16.html
  • Ryze 7 Sep 2013 18:42:53 3,121 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    @Ryze No Midnight Club?!
    I foolishly traded it in!

Peanuts now, though, so I can rebuy it.

Also, I was looking for my copy of Liberty City Stories for PSP! Thought I'd kept it, but I must have given it to the guy a sold it to.

Again - peanuts, so nae bother. Ditto with Manhunt. I'm positive I re-bought that. I may have given it away. Again.

Sold my PC version of GTA III back in the uni days. 2002 I believe, but I have them all on Steam now on the PC.
  • FuzzyDuck 7 Sep 2013 18:43:32 3,893 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As I mentioned on a different forum, aren't R* still a bit small compared to Amazon?

This whole "no one ships until the 16th" was the potential (and rightly so, R* are being utter dicls anout this IMO) to piss off customers. So what are Amazon gonna do?

I fail to see how R* can even say that.

Push comes to shove, R* need a retailer like Amazon more than Amazon need them.
  • Ryze 7 Sep 2013 18:45:54 3,121 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Gl3n wrote:
    @Ryze No Midnight Club?!
    China town wars should also be there :-)
    Even so, lovely collection
    Never bought a DS! I briefly 'acquired' a PSP version, but I was down on the platform by that stage, and it was a paperweight on its way to being sold off (2009-2010).

I'll grab it for the Vita next year or whenever I impulse buy one. I'll also impulse eBay a PSP at some point, for multiplayer with the Vita. Kept my best UMDs.
  • Ryze 7 Sep 2013 18:54:04 3,121 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, is this thread full of people who will come screaming one day after the game launches, because it's not the 2nd coming of Christ?

So many people don't seem to get the fact that it WILL be a GTA game. Not something else, and that Rockstar are great at some things, and terrible at others.

I expect evolution, but they're still limited by the RAM of the PS3 and the DVD drive (/lack of HDD) of the 360.

At this point in the Generation, however, It will be great to see what they squeeze out of the hardware. Should be a great leap in performance over GTA IV after 5 years. Max Payne certainly looks and runs nicely, but is obviously a different type of game.

I remember 2004, when Burnout 3 and GTA San Andreas came along and it was like another generation of PS2 games kicked off. Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, God of War, Gran Turismo 4. There were loads of games around that point that were miles better technically than what we had largely seen before.

Hopefully we'll see some really impressive stuff, but less moaning about frame drops, unless they make the game unplayable. San Andreas is still a lovely game on PS2, on a CRT. I've never looked for a frame rate analysis, and I don't think I should. Ditto with Colossus on the PS2.

This IS Rockstar. Hopefully it'll stay largely at or over 30 and very seldom drop below 20. We'll see...

Edited by Ryze at 18:55:51 07-09-2013
  • X201 7 Sep 2013 19:14:30 15,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    As I mentioned on a different forum, aren't R* still a bit small compared to Amazon?

This whole "no one ships until the 16th" was the potential (and rightly so, R* are being utter dicls anout this IMO) to piss off customers. So what are Amazon gonna do?

I fail to see how R* can even say that.

Push comes to shove, R* need a retailer like Amazon more than Amazon need them.
    This will probably be the last time this happens, online unlocks will hopefully be the norm in the future.
  • Nehmis 7 Sep 2013 19:51:22 688 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    First thing I'm gonna do is a play a few missions to get my feet wet. Then go exploring in odd nooks and crannies looking for awesome weapons/vehicles.

That's if I don't head to the airport first thing of course :D
  • monkehhh 7 Sep 2013 19:55:24 3,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why don't they do something similar to Steam.. ship the discs whenever and let people install, then have a small download with the actual executable on release day?

With some better controls than Sony's recent leak :)
  • FuzzyDuck 7 Sep 2013 20:01:26 3,893 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are ye actually wishing for DRM?
  • X201 7 Sep 2013 20:17:49 15,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Re-read the posts.

They're a request for a 21st century solution to a stupid last gen problem. Nothing to do with DRM.
  • xuiton 7 Sep 2013 20:31:55 297 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    Re-read the posts.

They're a request for a 21st century solution to a stupid last gen problem. Nothing to do with DRM.
    and what if you don't or can't get access to the internet? you would be stuck with a game you can't play.

you are essentially asking for DRM, no other way about it.

I don't see why rock star are being dicks about it, so what if some retailers ship the game a day earlier, is it really the end of the world for them that some kid is playing it a day early?
  • X201 7 Sep 2013 20:47:59 15,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    xuiton wrote:

so what if some retailers ship the game a day earlier, is it really the end of the world for them that some kid is playing it a day early?
    The problem arises when that kid posts inaccuracies about it the day before release and it gets spread over the internet, incorrectly influencing purchasing decisions. It's not about some kid playing it, its about big business and the company's biggest release for the next 6 years. They don't want anything to affect it.
  • monkehhh 7 Sep 2013 20:55:54 3,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was just a thought.. but yeah, you would need the internet. It's not a big deal to me, but I am a PC gamer where this sort of thing is standard now.
  • FuzzyDuck 7 Sep 2013 21:02:55 3,893 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nope, that to me is unnecessary DRM, regardless of why they implement it.

All their sales won't be day 1 - this thing is going to be huge until sometime in the new year at least, and even then the sales will still have a long tail off, so what's to stop people posting inaccuracies about it after the 17th and effecting sales then?

Even if people did get it on the 15th or 16th, it's such a huge game they're not gonna be able to dig up that much stuff before lunch.

So a dick move by R* IMO.

Anyway, what the hell happened to the countdown clock? We're into single digits yo! :D
  • FuzzyDuck 7 Sep 2013 21:04:46 3,893 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    It was just a thought.. but yeah, you would need the internet. It's not a big deal to me, but I am a PC gamer where this sort of thing is standard now.
    It's a big deal to me on principle; I've been playing games for over 21 years now, and they've never needed an internet connection.

So if games start needing one, then it's only to serve the benefits of the publisher, not me or you.
  • X201 7 Sep 2013 21:13:24 15,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    All their sales won't be day 1
    Take-Two's share price will move about 10% on release day/when the reviews appear. That's the thing they'll be thinking of.
  • X201 7 Sep 2013 21:15:34 15,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:

Anyway, what the hell happened to the countdown clock? We're into single digits yo! :D
    Think phonetics.

• X201 7 Sep 2013 21:33:37 15,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just thought... on topic FTW \o/

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 7 Sep 2013 21:37:06 2,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really, really, really pissed I don't have a 360 anymore. Really. Don't suppose there's any chance of them doing a "Guess what it's out on PC as well today!"
    Yeah right.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• X201 7 Sep 2013 21:45:16 15,132 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :-(
    Come back in 6 months for that.
  • Page

of 318 First / Last