• Page

of 320 First / Last

• Rodriguez 4 Sep 2013 22:45:07 1,094 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    JaysonG wrote:
    RobotHobo wrote:
    So, if I can choose between the 360 or PS3 version, which do I go for?
    PS3 was the lead console for development and has been shown in all of Rockstar's preview clips so I'm going with that one.
    Rockstar themselves have said neither platform was ahead of another during development
    Yeah, I don't understand the statements I've seen regularly around the net where people suggest PS3 was lead platform. As others have correctly stated, it's purely been shown predominantly on PS3 based on the deal Sony did with Rockstar for a dedicated PS3 bundle + associated advertising.

Anyway, I was going to get 360 version as a swansong for that console, but have recently switched to PS3 version now in the sliver of a chance that any potential next-gen version might allow save data to be transferred over (I'm getting a PS4). It'd be even sweeter if they did that 'upgrade to next-gen version for 10' offer too, though I'd imagine that may just be limited to the upcoming launch titles like CoD, Fifa etc...

I was concerned about the DS3 controller too as I generally prefer the Xbox pad, but thankfully the PS+ sub gives access to 1-hour full game trials of lots of games which included GTA 4. Downloaded that last week and tried it out and was pleasantly surprised that it felt fine with the DS3 (though with additional ORB 'triggers') so I'm more comfortable now.
  • Syrette 4 Sep 2013 22:50:48 43,484 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had a PS3 preorder for ages, was tempted to cancel it and get a 360 copy to 'say goodbye' to it in style but then just remembered that in terms of upcoming major games South Park: The Stick of Truth is still to come out so I'll get that on 360.

• Alastair 4 Sep 2013 23:01:04 15,758 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    Before most of us jump ship at next gen and get PS4s.
    Is this the current consensus?
  • Whizzo 4 Sep 2013 23:03:48 43,127 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's certainly the way the wind is blowing for people I game with.

This space left intentionally blank.

• richardiox 4 Sep 2013 23:34:43 5,596 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't know if it's been posted here but there's a thread on GAF detailing how online stores are under strict instructions from Rockstar not to dispatch any orders until the 16th so very much doubt anyone will be getting it early. In fact, knowing Royal Mail, you're more likely to get it a day late.
  • Whizzo 4 Sep 2013 23:43:51 43,127 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It could be GAME just being dicks or quite possibly true.

I've got mine pre-ordered at Tesco, who were a day late with SR4 and apologised by giving a fiver back, hopefully this time around they won't bugger it up as they're usually very good for release day arrival.

This space left intentionally blank.

• FatsoJetson 5 Sep 2013 00:26:03 302 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For those worried about delivery, it might be worth ordering with Amazon.

Yes, I know, they're usually bad at prompt delivery but if you take out a one month trial of Prime, they guarantee that Prime customers will receive all games on the day of release.

They kept their word for me with Saints Row 4, and I got it for the bargain price of 30. Amazon's current price on GTA V is 35.
  • Spong 5 Sep 2013 05:22:34 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope the shipment story is true. Nothing more annoying than a load of ponces getting the game a couple of days early and rubbing other people's faces in it.
  • X201 5 Sep 2013 06:14:07 15,476 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm tempted to go download, as my postman usually doesn't deliver until 12 noon to 1 pm.
  • Youthist 5 Sep 2013 07:37:27 10,018 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I predict Edge will give this is a 10 with GamesTM a 9. And both scores will look too high retrospectively.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• NOSAVIOUR 5 Sep 2013 07:48:34 2,804 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just like Edge gave Red Dead Redemption an 8 and retrospectively they've just given it a 10 in their '10 amendments feature', which I couldn't agree with more.
  • Benno 5 Sep 2013 08:22:26 9,900 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    BillMurray wrote:
    JaysonG wrote:
    RobotHobo wrote:
    So, if I can choose between the 360 or PS3 version, which do I go for?
    PS3 was the lead console for development and has been shown in all of Rockstar's preview clips so I'm going with that one.
    Rockstar themselves have said neither platform was ahead of another during development

Anyway, I was going to get 360 version as a swansong for that console, but have recently switched to PS3 version now in the sliver of a chance that any potential next-gen version might allow save data to be transferred over (I'm getting a PS4).

Yep, same.
  • Nehmis 5 Sep 2013 09:12:24 693 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In Shopto we trust. Even if they dispatch the day before they're pretty good with delivery times so you'd still get it for release day (hopefully).

Pity I won't be going online with this (360, no gold) but the game itself should stay fun well into next year. (And beyond!)
  • Youthist 5 Sep 2013 09:20:49 10,018 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Just like Edge gave Red Dead Redemption an 8 and retrospectively they've just given it a 10 in their '10 amendments feature', which I couldn't agree with more.
    I would like to see similar article but down grading games they now feel they over-rated. I don't think Skyward Sword is a 10, it is a 9 tops, as an example.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• killersrquiet 5 Sep 2013 09:40:38 2,000 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    When the day comes that were loading into GTAv, whats the first thing you all plan on doing.

Personally, i'll be heading straight up that mountain on a sanchez then off the cliff (just like the gameplay video)

After that im off to find that jet:)

11 days of torture remaning
  • Tryhard 5 Sep 2013 09:48:40 3,976 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok it is probably time I get that gold out from under the bed and put the pre-order in.

First thing is motorcross or mountain bike the mountain trails if i can.
    And go hunt some animals to the sound of the RDR soundtrack...Oh wait.
  • Progguitarist 5 Sep 2013 09:49:15 10,440 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't plan on getting it at all until I read a good deal of user feedback.

I thought GTAIV was a bit shit and it's selling for 65 euros here in Ireland so I'm wary.
  • JiveHound 5 Sep 2013 09:52:12 2,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm going to get stoned and then cycle the length of the map.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• JiveHound 5 Sep 2013 09:54:00 2,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Yup, so did Eurogamer which shocked me. It's easily a ten for me and one of the best games I've ever played.

They're too generous with other games. 10/10 for Farcry 3 and Rayman Legends immediately spring to mind. They're both 8s for me.

• Tryhard 5 Sep 2013 09:54:04 3,976 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Order placed mistress,now where did I leave the baseball bat?
  • S.J.Rogers 5 Sep 2013 09:54:48 3,557 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    When the day comes that were loading into GTAv, whats the first thing you all plan on doing.

Personally, i'll be heading straight up that mountain on a sanchez then off the cliff (just like the gameplay video)

After that im off to find that jet:)
    I fancy getting a slow plane and taking a little look around the place and taking it all in.

Is the whole map open this time or will you have to open it bit by bit as with past GTA games..?
  • Pinky_Floyd 5 Sep 2013 09:56:30 7,907 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I might buy this. Then fuck the whole lot in the bin due to frustrating combat mechanics, frustrating missions and shitty checkpointing, the way I usually do with GTA games.
  • Alastair 5 Sep 2013 10:05:15 15,758 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:

I have no idea - probably something boring like trying to orient myself in the area around the first safehouse.
  • X201 5 Sep 2013 10:09:59 15,476 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    killersrquiet wrote:

I have no idea - probably something boring like trying to orient myself in the area around the first safehouse.
    I still get the position of the Algonquin safehouse in GTA IV wrong. For some bizarre reason I keep thinking it faces the river instead of the park.
  • FuzzyDuck 5 Sep 2013 10:13:39 4,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Progguitarist

65 sheets? Guess that's Gamestop then.

I have a preorder with them, but I'm tempted to just walk into my local Tesco when it opens and grab one, as the usually sell something like this as a loss leader.
  • NOSAVIOUR 5 Sep 2013 10:14:11 2,804 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't actually contain my excitement now. Can't remember the last game that done this (may have been red dead), but there's nothing like stepping in to a new GTA world for the first time, being in awe and running at the first person you see and punching em.

Edited by NOSAVIOUR at 10:14:31 05-09-2013
  • JiveHound 5 Sep 2013 10:17:07 2,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Aye. After suffering from hype fatigue and generally being a bit unenthused as the reality of the launch is coming closer I'm getting a little of those excited jitters.

• CosmicFuzz 5 Sep 2013 10:18:08 24,360 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    I'm tempted to go download, as my postman usually doesn't deliver until 12 noon to 1 pm.
    You realise it'll take about three days to download?

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• killersrquiet 5 Sep 2013 10:25:32 2,000 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I forget where places are all the time in GTA IV, i imagine 5 will be a struggle as well in that regard.

@S.J.Rogers

Yes a slow flyaround is a must for everyone.
  • Garfy 5 Sep 2013 10:30:30 683 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    It could be GAME just being dicks or quite possibly true.
    Email received, pre-order cancelled.

GAME always take 2 days to send me stuff, not posting till Monday is ludicrous.
  • Page

of 320 First / Last