• Page

of 319 First / Last

• ronuds 12 Jul 2013 15:24:34 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    a long drought of boring at some point in the story
    ...you are talking about Mexico aren't you :)
    You saw right through me!
  • kinky_mong 12 Jul 2013 15:57:29 10,098 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ronuds thinks everything about Mexico is boring because he also thinks all Mexicans are lazy.

;)

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• ecureuil 12 Jul 2013 18:03:29 76,652 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The whole idea of a "perfect" game is fucking idiotic anyway.
  • ronuds 12 Jul 2013 18:15:53 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    GTA V could possibly be the first perfect GTA game imo.
    I think you've in for a grave disappointment if these are your expectations.
    Why is that ? They are taking the best of San Andreas, GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3 and improving them for this one game.

The multiplayer alone will be worth the cost of the game itself. At worst GTA V will be what GTA IV was suppose to be.
    No game is perfect - and certainly no R* game I've ever played. There will be repetetive missions, some that are impossible, maybe something as annoying as the phone was in IV, a long drought of boring at some point in the story, AI being dumb, pop-in, frame rate issues, etc., etc.

Regardless of all that, I'm pinning my hopes on "excellent".
    Everything you mentioned could be accused for any game not just Rockstar games.
    Which goes back to the first 4 words of my comment.
  • FuzzyDuck 12 Jul 2013 18:21:20 3,995 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I don't think the 'perfect' game exists. Even the title I consider closest to it (Super Mario Galaxy 2) could use the tiniest bit of nip and tuck here and there.

I can live with minor flaws if the game is good enough (Dark SOuls being the perfect example), and just embrace some top notch gameplay.

GTA V? I'm a huge fan of the series (IV included, even if it wasn't the best), and I'm expecting it to deliver in a big way, but definitely not expecting perfection.
  • Rodriguez 12 Jul 2013 18:29:19 1,092 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If anyone is interested, you can get an HD MP4 download of the GTA V Gameplay reveal here, from the Gamersyde website.

I stuck the download on a USB drive and watched it through my PS3 on my telly, it looks and sounds really nice ;)
  • ronuds 12 Jul 2013 18:41:49 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Ronuds thinks everything about Mexico is boring because he also thinks all Mexicans are lazy.

;)
    Not all of them!
  • Deleted user 12 July 2013 19:02:30
    Need to play 4 again before 5 comes out, completed on launch and did the first half before giving up on second run.

Played lost n damned and loved that too. Such a brilliant game, I'm surprised I never got around to completing it twice.

Vice city > 4 > 3 > SA.

Number 5 looks superb.
  • M83J01P97 12 Jul 2013 19:24:47 6,570 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So just downloaded GTA:SA for the 360 so I can spend my weekend reliving that classic before 5, only to found out that you can't play the game with a custom soundtrack, even though the options are still there. Which is a bit shit.

As much as I loved SA, it had the worst soundtrack of the series.
  • Deleted user 12 July 2013 19:29:22
    I've said this before but GTA4 is unplayable now on 360. The frame rate and controls are shockingly poor.
  • Deckard1 12 Jul 2013 20:09:20 27,578 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nah you're wrong, the PS2 GTA games ran at 60FPS when nothing was moving. Evidence here

Edited by Deckard1 at 20:10:10 12-07-2013

Hush you ponce

• killersrquiet 12 Jul 2013 20:18:07 1,921 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aren't most classic or cult games incredibly clunky or dated when we go back to them? We always put our best games from the past on a pedestal yet most people wil never play them again or if they do its a jaded experience

Vice city was a classic in its day, the same when San Andreas came out, and by my estimation the same can be said by 4.

Yep you've guessed it... i expect 5 to follow the same route. Each game has been refined for its generation and audience and that trend will always continue while rockstar make games
  • ronuds 12 Jul 2013 20:23:52 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My biggest gripe when I go back to old games is that you're missing all of the little options and features games since have added.

You'll be playing and suddenly realize 'I forgot you can't do that in this one!' - and everything else sucks from then on.
  • ecureuil 12 Jul 2013 20:41:31 76,652 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    Aren't most classic or cult games incredibly clunky or dated when we go back to them? We always put our best games from the past on a pedestal yet most people wil never play them again or if they do its a jaded experience
    Yeah. That's how you know a game is amazing - if it's still great for years after it came out. That's why Nintendo are so good. Super Mario World was a SNES launch game and it's as good today as it was in 1990. Nearly all the main Mario games are like this, even Super Mario 64. Most of the 3D PS1 games from the same era are shite now.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 12 Jul 2013 20:41:32 6,654 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Watching the women's football. Improved technically a lot
  • skuzzbag 12 Jul 2013 20:49:53 5,638 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you came to VC on the PC after playing the PS2 version it was uncontrollable. I had to swap between controller & keyboard as some things were shit on one but not the other. I'm still surprised at how bad the implementation actually was and only persevered because the frame rate was loads better.
  • Madder-Max 12 Jul 2013 22:35:11 11,639 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    So just downloaded GTA:SA for the 360 so I can spend my weekend reliving that classic before 5, only to found out that you can't play the game with a custom soundtrack, even though the options are still there. Which is a bit shit.

As much as I loved SA, it had the worst soundtrack of the series.
    Are u insane?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Madder-Max 12 Jul 2013 23:13:03 11,639 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Radio X is a classic selection of tracks. Some superb stuff on there and I used to put sa on just to play the station in the pause screen

• gman7714 13 Jul 2013 01:09:24 286 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    San Andreas has a fucking awesome soundtrack. I love hip hop but there is K-jah west, Bounce, CSR, SFUR and master that all rock.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Jul 2013 01:52:42 3,995 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The soundtracks to VC, SA and 4 (and their spinoffs) absolutely mop the floor with any other series.

They're fully fleshed out, complied by people who are either passionate fans of the respective genres, or else R* are paying people to really research their shit before coming up with them.

I know people who were into hip hop who were turned into funk and soul because of Master Sounds. My own childhood memories of the 80s (both my older brother and sister were heavily into pop back then) have blurred with VC's soundtrack.

Also, being able to flip between the likes of Bathory and Terrorizer to Count Basie and John Coltrane, yeah, that's how you do a licensed soundtrack.

Come to think of it, one of my favourite things about a new GTA is discovering the soundtrack :D
  • Madder-Max 13 Jul 2013 10:03:16 11,639 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Liberty city stories had a cracking station too with omni trio - Thru the vibe (2 in 1 mix) and Ofra Haza - I'm Nin Alu. Can't remember the name of the station

• Baihu1983 13 Jul 2013 11:13:13 3,377 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No UK sites still taking collector edition pre orders?
  • X201 13 Jul 2013 11:36:10 15,227 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only Game and Rockstar themselves.

Amazon not taking any more orders for Collectors Edition.
  • Baihu1983 13 Jul 2013 11:38:54 3,377 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I normally order from Shopto but they are not taking any more.

Might just go with R*. What are they like with delivery? Day early? launch day? late?
  • Page

of 319 First / Last