Grand Theft Auto V Page 80

• Page

of 320 First / Last

• ecureuil 24 Jun 2013 20:17:46 76,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    GTA V needs to be on a next gen console. Can you imagine buying a next gen console along with a copy of GTA V with the game being the very first time played ?
    Yeah, it will probably be the same feeling as buying Twilight Princess with a new Wii 7 years ago.

"Why did I buy an expensive new console to buy a game that I could have played on my old one with less gimmicky features shoe-horned in?"
    Except the Wii wasn't much more powerful than a GameCube. GTAV on next gen consoles would be worth buying over the current gen version. The graphics and frame rate would be far better for a start.

Edited by ecureuil at 20:18:03 24-06-2013
  • kinky_mong 25 Jun 2013 10:29:40 10,288 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:

Why would it have any gimmicks ? PS4 isn't a Wii.
    They could easily shoehorn a few touchpad bits into the game to make it seem like it's not just releasing the game with slightly polished graphics for a few incremental sales.

Once the PS4 releases I want to throw the PS3 out of the window.
    That's a pretty ungrateful thing to do with something your parents bought for you.

Theres no reason they can't release on next gen.
    Possibly. Although I'm sure they've analysed the cost to develop a version for the new machines versus the expected return and thought it's not worth it until enough PS4s/Ones are in homes, by which time they can assign a smaller team to make a port.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• mrpon 25 Jun 2013 10:30:38 28,920 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Swipe the touchpad to throw dollars at the strippers!

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• killersrquiet 25 Jun 2013 10:49:54 2,007 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Considering how long it will take for the next GTA game its a guarantee you'll see 5 on next gen consoles. Rock star aren't daft it won't appear for at least 18 months and would have extra missions, dlc etc.

I doubt most people care as I'll buy it this and next gen just for the graphics/fps jump alonr
  • kinky_mong 25 Jun 2013 10:59:32 10,288 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    At the very least it will get a download re-release on the new consoles, just as San Andreas did on the 360 and PS3.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Load_2.0 25 Jun 2013 11:00:17 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    At the very least it will get a download re-release on the new consoles, just as San Andreas did on the 360 and PS3.
    This.
  • Deckard1 25 Jun 2013 11:04:51 27,989 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    I thought San Andreas was just a backwards compatible version of the xbox one, not an actual port?
  • bad09 25 Jun 2013 14:35:04 5,903 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They will do a next gen version, you really think they will leave an online store for silly people to buy pointless tat just on old consoles and PC where we can mod anyway?

If they want their store to last past a couple of months tops you will see next gen versions.
  • M83J01P97 25 Jun 2013 14:38:14 6,656 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    I thought San Andreas was just a backwards compatible version of the xbox one, not an actual port?
    Yeah I'd argue it wasn't really released on this gen of consoles to be honest, seeing as it was just the Xbox/PS2 version made available for 360/PS3.
  • ronuds 25 Jun 2013 14:40:47 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm betting against it.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the FPS stayed similar. That's if they were making next gen versions. Which they're not.
  • Benno 25 Jun 2013 14:45:32 9,900 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would absolute love a next gen version, even just to have a stable framerate using this gens graphical fidelity
  • Benno 25 Jun 2013 14:46:21 9,900 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A port like that to next gen must take about 35 minutes to make, and idiots like me will end up buying it twice. Surely the stakeholders will be pushing for this.
  • bad09 25 Jun 2013 14:48:23 5,903 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    A port like that to next gen must take about 35 minutes to make, and idiots like me will end up buying it twice. Surely the stakeholders will be pushing for this.
    Why do you think they haven't announced it? You won't hear anything until the 360/PS3 is out a while. We'll probably see next gen and PC announcements by the end of the year but no way before the 360/PS3 launch.
  • Load_2.0 25 Jun 2013 14:48:52 19,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I assumed a port would need a massive amount of work.
  • M83J01P97 25 Jun 2013 14:50:33 6,656 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    If the architecture of the PS4/Xbox One is as similar to the current gen as rumours suggest, then probably not.
  • bad09 25 Jun 2013 14:52:28 5,903 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    If the architecture of the PS4/Xbox One is as similar to the current gen as rumours suggest, then probably not.
    Next gen is massively different to current gen and both are supposedly it's on PC architecture. That's why you've got no backwards compatibility.
  • Benno 25 Jun 2013 14:53:22 9,900 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Benno wrote:
    Why do you think they haven't announced it? You won't hear anything until the 360/PS3 is out a while. We'll probably see next gen and PC announcements by the end of the year but no way before the 360/PS3 launch.
    Probably a fair assumption.
  • ronuds 25 Jun 2013 14:53:32 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They just flip a switch.
  • Benno 25 Jun 2013 14:54:10 9,900 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Next gen is massively different to current gen and both are supposedly it's on PC architecture. That's why you've got no backwards compatibility.
    Either way, they'll be bringing it to PC, so I maintain my 35 minute port theory.
  • bad09 25 Jun 2013 14:56:16 5,903 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Benno

Oh yeah, a port of the PC version will probably be piss easy for them.
  • El_MUERkO 25 Jun 2013 16:23:21 17,033 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would be money that Rockstar will only talk about the PS3/360 version of the game before launch, refusing to comment or denying anything to do with a PS4/XBone/PC version of the game. They will continue to say nothing about any other versions of the game for till about this time next year when they'll announce 'enhanced' versions for the PS4 and XBone and if we're lucky PC.

Why?

Because they want to make money and they'd rather you bought the game at launch on the current generation and then again on next-gen than decided to wait for a next-gen release.
  • X201 25 Jun 2013 16:35:03 15,476 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It will revolve around their financials.

They will either go with it sometime between Jan-Mar to add the sales in and make a bumper financial year.

Or go with it from April onwards to kick-start the next financial year.
  • ecureuil 25 Jun 2013 18:15:07 76,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:

Why would it have any gimmicks ? PS4 isn't a Wii.
    They could easily shoehorn a few touchpad bits into the game to make it seem like it's not just releasing the game with slightly polished graphics for a few incremental sales.
    What's wrong with this though? I would consider 60fps a more valuable upgrade than any other "gameplay" things they may try to bolt on.

Edited by ecureuil at 18:16:49 25-06-2013
  • killersrquiet 25 Jun 2013 18:16:22 2,007 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Next gen consoles are basically PC architecture  Since gta v will be released on PC (at some point) won't be that hard to make a next gen version.

Lets be honest these devs have known about the systems before us and rock star will have an engine built or at least in progress
  • imamazed 5 Jul 2013 10:46:04 5,620 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really unsure about which platform to go for. I've only got a 20GB HDD (+32GB USB stick) on my 360, so I'd have to delete stuff to play it. But I'll have friends getting it on 360 to play with, and the controller's obviously better; and I tend to get multiplatform games on 360 for a complete game library anyway.

However, long gone are the days where virtually every PS3 version of a multiplatform game struggled to compete with the 360 version, and also I've got a 500GB HDD, so I'm sure I'll have space without worrying...

Hmmmm...

Edited by imamazed at 10:46:29 05-07-2013
  • SomaticSense 5 Jul 2013 12:15:30 8,321 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    GTA V needs to be on a next gen console. Can you imagine buying a next gen console along with a copy of GTA V with the game being the very first time played ?
    Yeah, it will probably be the same feeling as buying Twilight Princess with a new Wii 7 years ago.

"Why did I buy an expensive new console to buy a game that I could have played on my old one with less gimmicky features shoe-horned in?"
    Except the Wii wasn't much more powerful than a GameCube. GTAV on next gen consoles would be worth buying over the current gen version. The graphics and frame rate would be far better for a start.
    Not necessarily if it was rushed out for the next gen launch. Do you not remember all those really shit feature starved sports games from the beginning of the current gen?

Edited by SomaticSense at 12:17:02 05-07-2013
  • killersrquiet 5 Jul 2013 12:18:42 2,007 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    "long gone are the days where virtually every PS3 version of a multiplatform game struggled to compete with the 360 version"

if only that was actually true. However for this game I'd expect the same level of performance from both consoles as rockstar have verbally stated on numerous times they know the creaky xbox360/ps3 hardware much better than around the time of gta4
  • SomaticSense 5 Jul 2013 12:18:52 8,321 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    I would be money that Rockstar will only talk about the PS3/360 version of the game before launch, refusing to comment or denying anything to do with a PS4/XBone/PC version of the game. They will continue to say nothing about any other versions of the game for till about this time next year when they'll announce 'enhanced' versions for the PS4 and XBone and if we're lucky PC.

Why?

Because they want to make money and they'd rather you bought the game at launch on the current generation and then again on next-gen than decided to wait for a next-gen release.
    Two words: San Andreas.

We never got a 360/PS3 version of that, did we?
  • Page

of 320 First / Last