• Page

of 357 First / Last

• Ziz0u 8 May 2013 15:39:34 8,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/ZeVTP
    Err, is it the same game with a lick of paint?
    That is painfully ironic.
  • bad09 8 May 2013 15:41:54 6,206 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks like someone recreated shots from 5 in 4, quite clever :)

Edited by bad09 at 15:42:11 08-05-2013
  • Ron_Justice 8 May 2013 15:52:34 2,484 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Looks like someone recreated shots from 5 in 4, quite clever :)
    Yeah, that's pretty obvious. To us... What it suggests is that those IV shots we're created with the PC version - How else would you stage them so perfectly, without a hacked / modded version of the game? If so, the jump in visual quality is all the more remarkable.

Steam/Origin - Ron_Justice
    PSN - hyper_808

• bad09 8 May 2013 16:05:25 6,206 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ron_Justice

Yeah you can tell it's PC straight away, I can't tell if it's modded though some do look it but then others do look like they could be vanilla but on a monster card. Someone sharper eye may be able to tell.

It's hard to talk of any jump there, textures and lighting are much better in that comparison but without moving actual gameplay we don't know. I'm sure it will look a lot nicer than 4 but I won't be convinced on the graphics claims until I see actual real gameplay anyway.
  • eighty6 8 May 2013 17:36:17 3 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Why is the coverage of GTA V on EG so bad recently? Every major site had a preview up over a week ago with a ton of new images and another handfull of images were released today but none of this has been listed on here? Not newsworthy enough? Have they had some kind of disagreement? Whats going on!?
  • Baihu1983 8 May 2013 17:47:36 3,579 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @eighty6 Its not by Peter Molyneux and they are waiting to see if they can claim its online only.
  • kinky_mong 8 May 2013 18:18:39 10,737 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @eighty6 Their API for copy-pasting news articles from Kotaku is on the blink. I think it's got something to do with an error in the bit that posts "We have reached out to *insert publisher here* for comment."

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• X201 8 May 2013 18:44:34 15,699 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    eighty6 wrote:
    Why is the coverage of GTA V on EG so bad recently? Every major site had a preview up over a week ago with a ton of new images and another handfull of images were released today but none of this has been listed on here? Not newsworthy enough? Have they had some kind of disagreement? Whats going on!?
    Rockstar don't like Eurogamer.

Can't remember what it was that happened in the past, but I remember Tom or someone saying that Rockstar and or Take 2 had removed Eurogamer from their press list.

So EG doesn't get any of the free promotional stuff that Rockstar send out, they also don't get invited to the "Specially selected games press" screening either.

Hopefully someone here remembers the above and will correct me an expand on the story.
  • Benno 8 May 2013 18:46:16 10,222 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sounds like we should get a fair and balanced review then
  • agparrot 8 May 2013 18:47:55 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wasn't it Duke Nukem Forever?
  • Deleted user 8 May 2013 18:50:00
    X201 wrote:
    eighty6 wrote:
    Rockstar don't like Eurogamer.

Can't remember what it was that happened in the past, but I remember Tom or someone saying that Rockstar and or Take 2 had removed Eurogamer from their press list.

So EG doesn't get any of the free promotional stuff that Rockstar send out, they also don't get invited to the "Specially selected games press" screening either.

Hopefully someone here remembers the above and will correct me an expand on the story.
    Even after the Table Tennis review? For shame!

Most forgotten game ever.
  • X201 8 May 2013 18:51:15 15,699 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Yep,

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/06/16/eurogamer-blacklisted-as-duke-pr-scuffle-rolls-on/

Although I seem to remember Tom saying in the comments that the blacklisting pre-dated that.

Edited by X201 at 18:51:54 08-05-2013
  • agparrot 8 May 2013 18:54:36 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    agparrot wrote:
    Although I seem to remember Tom saying in the comments that the blacklisting pre-dated that.
    Mmm, there was a kerfuffle about DNF, but I also think there was something before that... was it Red Dead and the 8/10?

My brain is too old for remembering stu... where am I?
  • bad09 8 May 2013 19:19:50 6,206 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haha I forgot about EGs blacklisting, and people wonder why press can't be trusted. Arseholes have 'em by the balls.

Mind you until someone pointed it out it was a distant memory so not too damaging for a site to be truthful against the corruption more of them should do it and leave the crud like IGN to suck PR dicks :)

Edited by bad09 at 19:22:25 08-05-2013
  • eighty6 8 May 2013 19:23:52 3 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @agparrot @X201 @Benno @kalel ah right, makes a little more sense...still it is the biggest release of the year and schoolyard politics aside the screens are surely newsworthy enough!
  • agparrot 8 May 2013 19:36:46 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @eighty6 They've been running the screenshots over on Gamer Network sister site VG24/7, but reading their bit about "Why they aren't bothered by GTA V yet" it seems that they hadn't been asked to the GTA V preview event, either.

Woe betide anyone that scores RDR an 8/10, and also anyone that shares the people that organise their advertisements!
  • agparrot 8 May 2013 19:49:12 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In unrelated news, Gamer Network sister site Rock, Paper, Shotgun wrote this world-weary piece covering the recent trailer releases.

Still, let it never be said there is anything fundamentally wrong with the PR / Press relationship. It's just that Rockstar, or perhaps Take Two, won't send Eurogamer or its related sites any games, because they didn't give Red Dead Redemption a score that the publisher thought was high enough. Also they didn't specifically invite any of them to this particular GTA V preview event, but I'm sure there'll be more press events where everyone will be warmly welcomed.

It's all totally grown up.
  • eighty6 8 May 2013 19:50:55 3 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @agparrot cool thanks for that, seems they're not interested in the Gran Turismo 6/15 year story either, wonder if they're pissed at Sony too!

Just a little disappointed really - EG used to be the only game site I would regularly visit as it provided me with pretty much everything I needed...
  • agparrot 8 May 2013 19:55:07 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @eighty6 Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm sure the EG squirrels are all out gathering nuts of information from the GameHorizon thing that is going on, and there's been a press event for Watch_Dogs I think, so they probably have just been too busy for GT6.

You'll just have to add 1 to the EG review for GTA V because they'll dock it a point for having had to have paid for it themselves!

;) winky winky.
  • Lukus 8 May 2013 19:58:29 19,363 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    EG should name and shame all the blacklisting devs whenever this kind of thing happens (if it has).

Paintings & Photographs

• Benno 8 May 2013 20:50:20 10,222 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    During doritosgate it was mentioned numerous times how Rockstar are notorious for this sort of behavior. They essentially bully game critics into 10s.
  • Benno 8 May 2013 20:50:51 10,222 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its a pity, as their games typically speak for themselves anyway
  • Armoured_Bear 8 May 2013 21:18:12 11,728 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm a GTA virgin but fired up GTA4 on the PC tonight, visuals have dated less than expected.
    One thing that is impressive is the atmosphere of the city and the feeling od driving in a city.
    I just had my first date, I'll play a bit more but I'll no doubt get fed up with it.
    Maybe I should wait for GTA 5 actually...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• bad09 8 May 2013 21:30:39 6,206 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

Don't forget to check out the 1st person mod for it, full in car views and wondering around the city in 1st person is a brilliant way to see the city.
  • killersrquiet 9 May 2013 12:01:35 2,119 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

Download ice enhancer mod and the visuals will improve massively
  • Armoured_Bear 9 May 2013 12:48:23 11,728 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear

Download ice enhancer mod and the visuals will improve massively
    I tried, I can't get it to work.
    you have to go back to an older version and fanny about loads, I tried for ages and I can't get it to work.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Widge Moderator 9 May 2013 13:04:39 13,728 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I'm a GTA virgin but fired up GTA4 on the PC tonight, visuals have dated less than expected.
    One thing that is impressive is the atmosphere of the city and the feeling od driving in a city.
    I just had my first date, I'll play a bit more but I'll no doubt get fed up with it.
    Maybe I should wait for GTA 5 actually...
    I really liked GTA4 bar a pain in the arse bike mission I encountered.

Got a decent way in before losing my save for one reason or another, never to return.

Mildly considering going in and kicking off at Ballad Of Gay Tony one day soon.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• bad09 9 May 2013 14:24:54 6,206 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Widge

You should get on BOGT, personally it's the best thing about GTA4. Brilliant characters and fun missions. I kind of wish Luis and Tony were the main game and Nico was a DLC.
  • Lyserberg 9 May 2013 17:34:11 349 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Didn't have the time to comment on the pics when they were published by Rockstar, but man, i can't say this an enough number of times...it looks wicked.

Nice depth-of-field effect implemented, and looking at the jaggies, i assume that they're going for a sub-HD + post-processing AA ? Hard to tell but these are my first impressions about the graphical aspect of the game.

Edited by Lyserberg at 17:34:30 09-05-2013

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Page

of 357 First / Last