• Page

of 318 First / Last

• Kay 3 May 2013 09:55:38 17,760 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    It always does - and it never is.
    Heh, very good point.

Still, unlike GTA IV (which was extremely stripped back and a bit limited as a result) this one does look a lot more ambitious, and videogame-y (what with the inclusion of bullet time, stat upgrades etc.) If there is genuine variety in the missions (instead of just "go to this place, shoot these guys, drive away and escape from the cops) then it'll be a winner, no doubt.
  • HarryPalmer 3 May 2013 09:57:23 3,105 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    @X201

Two, one of them has bullet time for driving of all things.

I guess you can ignore those I suppose unless needed for gameplay. I dunno I read all that and it sounds complete arse GTA doesn't need all that crap and it certainly didn't need regenerating health that will kill any tension in gunfights and I guess kill visits to fast food joints to.

Very not sold now. :(

(I'll still buy it of course but I get the feeling this is gonna be worse than 4)
    Midnight Club had a slow mo power up, and it was awesome.
  • Deckard1 3 May 2013 09:59:52 27,124 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FEAR CHANGE
  • bad09 3 May 2013 10:01:30 5,623 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    agparrot wrote:

It's GTA though, and Rockstar, so I'm prepared to believe I'll love it when I get my hands on it. I can always choose not to use these little cheats!
    I think that the only thing I'm holding on to now. 4 was a massive disappointment in terms of it's mission variety and lack of anything meaningful outside of missions but I still had a ton of fun modding it and just mucking about in the world.

If it's more like SA in mission and side offerings it'll be even easier to avoid the crap after one playthrough of the matrix stuff.

Edited by bad09 at 10:02:24 03-05-2013
  • HarryPalmer 3 May 2013 10:05:00 3,105 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think you're over estimating how much of a big deal the power ups are. Red Dead Redemption had slow mo shooting and no one batted an eyelid, because it was great.
  • X201 3 May 2013 10:07:25 15,130 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    I think you're over estimating how much of a big deal the power ups are. Red Dead Redemption had slow mo shooting and no one batted an eyelid, because it was great.
    And to prove your point...

I'd forgotten about that.
  • Zizoo 3 May 2013 10:10:29 8,107 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It will be great.

In Rockstar we trust.
  • bad09 3 May 2013 10:11:18 5,623 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Well it's not just that though the health, the handling (best thing about 4) even the character switching stuff. None of it has sounded even appealing so far other than the promise of stuff to actually do in the game world unlike 4.

First GTA I've been "meh" over before release and it's quite sad actually, like I said though I'm sure I still find fun in there and will still buy it after all only Rockstar can make a game that disappoints but is still wicked, look at 4. I'm just not that excited about it anymore after reading all that.
  • Zizoo 3 May 2013 10:15:01 8,107 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well it's not coming to PC anyway so don't worry about it.
  • sirtacos 3 May 2013 10:16:53 7,268 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's probably best to stay 'meh' and let the hype train pass you by. I doubt Rockstar will muck this up, but prices drop quickly, and reviews become more honest with time... so where big releases are concerned, a complete lack of excitement is probably the best approach.
  • bad09 3 May 2013 10:21:49 5,623 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    That's cold man :)

I'm honestly not that fussed about the delay now. As of that Edge preview I'm in no rush anyway.
  • agparrot 3 May 2013 10:22:17 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    :)

Yeah, I'd forgotten Red Dead had that Dead-eye thing, too. I'm sure the superpowers are just little headline items that won't stop me engrossing myself in the huge world. Sounds like they've got a bunch of side activities and stuff this time around - some of them like the randomised stuff that cropped up in RDR.

I... I might be Hillbillyist, but I don't really want to play as Trevor. I think he'd make a great Brucie-like NPC. Again - too early to call all the multi-protagonist stuff. Seems a bit like an extra system just for the sake of it at the moment, but can see that switching positions in heists could be cool.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 3 May 2013 10:25:29 25,410 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If they make the cars handle more like Midnight Club LA I will be more than chuffed.
  • Zizoo 3 May 2013 10:27:19 8,107 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    That's cold man :)

I'm honestly not that fussed about the delay now. As of that Edge preview I'm in no rush anyway.
    I forgot to add a winky: ;)

:)
  • agparrot 3 May 2013 10:29:43 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The preview at gamespot focuses more on the open world and the stuff you'll be able to do in it. The game has RDR-stylee wild animals, dynamic missions and all kinds of other stuff you shouldn't read if you want discovering the world to be a surprise.

Edited by agparrot at 10:29:52 03-05-2013
  • HarryPalmer 3 May 2013 10:31:16 3,105 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    If they make the cars handle more like Midnight Club LA I will be more than chuffed.
    Yep. That has a very underrated racing engine.

I'm not really worried about anything, although the character switching could be jarring at first, and I'm not mad keen on having a ton of NPCs following me about, but I just want to play it and see.
  • Progguitarist 3 May 2013 10:33:25 10,400 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This will be like every GTA for me. I'll get excited by reviews and so on, buy it and then realize I don't enjoy open world games.

Edited by Progguitarist at 10:34:04 03-05-2013
  • bad09 3 May 2013 10:35:18 5,623 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "Grand Theft Auto V, with its return to the sprawling outdoor terrain of San Andreas, is a much broader game."

See that GS preview is the saving grace for me, it does sound like you can ignore the story with it's character switching stuff and special powers and go off and play.

Trucking missions will have a lot to live up to after ETS2 though :)
  • bad09 3 May 2013 10:43:55 5,623 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah the bikes were bobbins to be fair (fixed for episodes though), but the car handling I thought was wonderful and (for me at least) the best thing about 4. Heavily influenced by the Driver games and the first GTA were you actually felt like you were driving and all the cars handled like they should.

Edited by bad09 at 10:45:09 03-05-2013
  • agparrot 3 May 2013 10:49:24 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yup, I loved the car handling in IV - took a bit of getting used to, but was worth it to go back to what bad09 says - that 70s-movie handling in things like Driver.

The bikes were arse until The Lost and Damned.

Seems like V will be a bit less weighty and a bit more traction-y from reading around, but still hopefully have cars tilting almost sideways on high speed corners. Hopefully it isn't too dumbed down.
  • X201 3 May 2013 10:50:18 15,130 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bad09 wrote:

Not just me then :)
  • bad09 3 May 2013 10:53:22 5,623 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    bad09 wrote:

Not just me then :)
    Don't go there I'm obsessed with it, even the Mrs is. Little one is at my mums tonight and mrsbad09 already told me she wants wine and the wheel :)
  • agparrot 3 May 2013 11:13:12 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    ETS2?
    Hehe.

http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/
  • Ryze 3 May 2013 11:29:58 3,121 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    @HarryPalmer Yeah its odd they seem so against having a female lead character in their games.
    It wouldn't sit well with the "let's murder everyone" fun and the main demographic would not like it no matter how much that upsets people. To be honest I'm surprised people are asking for it or why they haven't done it.
    I don't see why there's not a spin-off series of games set in the same cities, that's less focussed on combat and killing, that explores different gameplay ideas that are more female orientated.

Conversations, customisation collection, planning, collaboration, with a greater focus on multiple storylines, mysteries, characters and relationships.

To me - having a 'GTA' style game in terms of the open world, map and the cityscape, where a few OTHER select characters use a gun, but where your own character spends more time talking, investigating and developing relationships would be better for a female protagonist, and massively appealing to women.

This sort of game would be ideal for play on the Wii U also, with scope for more complex physical interaction on the touchscreen instead of 'punch', 'jump/climb' 'shoot'.

It doesn't sound very Rockstar Games to be honest, but LA Noire is quite different, so it's ll about finding the right team / studio to develop it.
  • mikew1985 3 May 2013 11:36:54 12,588 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @anthonypappa Well then they're bullshots imo.

Either that or the PS3 version is going to be seriously more detailed than the 360 one, unless there is a texture install option.

If the world is 3.5x the size of SA and the texture work looks significantly more detailed than anything in IV. The 360 just isn't capable of that fidelity with the limited size of a DVD.
  • ModishNouns 3 May 2013 11:39:45 4,654 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think it all sounds fucking wonderful, tbh. There's nothing there I don't want to try. It certainly sounds "do more, not see more" in reference to offline convs with agparrot.

My only concern would be how well all that is going to run on my trusty little beige box but you can consider my ASS TEMPS well and truly CRANKED.
  • Page

of 318 First / Last