Grand Theft Auto V Page 53

• Page

of 318 First / Last

• mikew1985 31 Jan 2013 23:09:57 12,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jesus its still coming out this year. It's barely a delay at all.
  • X201 31 Jan 2013 23:15:35 15,157 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    You need to visit the doctor and get your entitlement and indignation glands topped up.
  • mikew1985 31 Jan 2013 23:20:20 12,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    You need to visit the doctor and get your entitlement and indignation glands topped up.
    I should have known that missed inoculation would come back to haunt me.
  • Benno 1 Feb 2013 12:10:56 9,804 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sad that we only got 2 GTAs this gen.

I am already looking forward to the next gen engine!
  • SomaticSense 1 Feb 2013 12:51:15 7,986 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If only Bethesda had as much sense as to whether a game should be delayed or not. I'd much rather a working, polished GTAV merely six months later, than a 'rushed to meet deadlines and keep impatient morons happy' version in May.

Unless you are so scared of dying of Idiotitis within those six months and miss out on playing it, then it's a non-issue. Or you could go and freeze yourself in the arctic. Worked for Cartman...
  • Popzeus 1 Feb 2013 13:01:41 8,272 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pretty good timing really, it'll be a good last hurrah for the 360 before I buy some shiny as-yet-unannounced space-object to get my next-gen fix with.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• agparrot 1 Feb 2013 13:08:57 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    Pretty good timing really, it'll be a good last hurrah for the 360 before I buy some shiny as-yet-unannounced space-object to get my next-gen fix with.
    Yeah, for everyone saying OMGZ nobody will buy GTA because they'll be too interested in the next gen, I think the opposite is probably true for me - I'll be so wrapped up in V that it'll ease my nextgen excitement.

Speculation about it being a next-gen title just seems insane, to me. I can't believe that the amount of effort involved in creating a GTA game could easily be transported to another generation within the required timeframe - seems like crazy talk.

Edited by agparrot at 13:09:38 01-02-2013
  • L_Franko Moderator 1 Feb 2013 13:21:56 9,694 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What makes me laugh is how people bitch day and night about how a game is buggy as hell and should have had extra time put into it to sort the problems, then when a game is pulled back to put more work into it so it works as it should on release day they bitch about that too.

Edited by L_Franko at 13:22:27 01-02-2013

Edited by L_Franko at 13:23:17 01-02-2013
  • ronuds 1 Feb 2013 13:25:26 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    People feel like developers have an unlimited budget to give us everything we want, still make money and have it all be for free... within 6 months.
  • Popzeus 1 Feb 2013 13:26:08 8,272 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @L_Franko Yeah, there's absolutely no pleasing some people.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• SomaticSense 1 Feb 2013 13:39:41 7,986 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also there's actual living people making these games. It's not like a Toyota production line.

It'll be ready for release when its finished. And will be a better game as a result.

Edited by SomaticSense at 13:42:11 01-02-2013
  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 13:43:43
    L_Franko wrote:
    What makes me laugh is how people bitch day and night about how a game is buggy as hell and should have had extra time put into it to sort the problems, then when a game is pulled back to put more work into it so it works as it should on release day they bitch about that too.

Frankly, the behaviour of some people is embarrasing. I'm trying to ignore comment sections, but sometimes comment sections need people to post a voice of reason in a mindless rabble of shit. If i was a developer just reading through say the dead space 3 stuff i be so demoralised. Work for a shit company and making a game for moronic self entitled arseholes
  • SomaticSense 1 Feb 2013 13:55:07 7,986 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:...making a game for moronic self entitled arseholes
    See also: DMC5 thread.
  • Ka-blamo 1 Feb 2013 14:26:57 7,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Statistically there'll be some big fans of GTA5 that will die between may and september and never play it.

I hope Rockstar are aware of this fact *bows head* RIP future dead fans
  • jellyhead 1 Feb 2013 14:40:16 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:

Frankly, the behaviour of some people is embarrasing. I'm trying to ignore comment sections, but sometimes comment sections need people to post a voice of reason in a mindless rabble of shit. If i was a developer just reading through say the dead space 3 stuff i be so demoralised. Work for a shit company and making a game for moronic self entitled arseholes
    Work sucks, that's why it's called work. Good and Bad, deal with it. It's the life they chose. It also doesn't help when PR go for the shooty-shooty-bang-bang crowd which makes it seem like they have abandoned everything that made the originals great. Tomb Raider has the same problem. Fans are moaning and PR are saying 'but the old Tomb Raider is there!' and show us more Uncharted type gameplay as they chase the COD boys. Hell, they even tried to get Final Fantasy fans to buy Tomb Raider in a really bizarre comparison of the two series.

tldr; i feel for the developers but they should moan at the PR boys and a legal requirement to chase unsustainable growth which dilutes products to chase the mainstream.

Forumites need to stop making knee-jerk reactions too but that will never happen so we have no chance of change unfortunately.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• mikew1985 1 Feb 2013 15:03:37 12,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Popzeus wrote:
    Yeah, for everyone saying OMGZ nobody will buy GTA because they'll be too interested in the next gen, I think the opposite is probably true for me - I'll be so wrapped up in V that it'll ease my nextgen excitement.

Speculation about it being a next-gen title just seems insane, to me. I can't believe that the amount of effort involved in creating a GTA game could easily be transported to another generation within the required time frame - seems like crazy talk.
    I'm fairly confident that they would be able to accomplish that relatively easily in the case of the next gen consoles. Especially from the 360 to it's brethren. I'd say it would be relatively trivial a task.

Having said that, they're most likely not going to do it but from a resources point of view I'd imagine the work would be minimal.
  • L_Franko Moderator 1 Feb 2013 15:15:42 9,694 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I doubt this will be the case for this game but didn't one of the Hitman games, forget which one, come out on the Xbox and the Xbox 360?
  • agparrot 1 Feb 2013 15:16:20 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I'm fairly confident that they would be able to accomplish that relatively easily in the case of the next gen consoles. Especially from the 360 to it's brethren. I'd say it would be relatively trivial a task.

Having said that, they're most likely not going to do it but from a resources point of view I'd imagine the work would be minimal.
    I just can't see it being trivial, or a minimal task, I suppose. I certainly don't know enough about the hardware differences to assume it'll be simple to 'port over', and I don't see that it would be desirable to just port it over anyway. Wouldn't they want to redraw the art assets, make use of improved capacity for physics, AI, number of cars and.... well, probably a list of other stuff I haven't even considered? Who is going to do this work, when the development team are already in a predicament where there's been a necessity for a delay from Spring until September?

It just sounds like very wishful thinking to me.
  • Ka-blamo 1 Feb 2013 15:17:48 7,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    agparrot wrote:Speculation about it being a next-gen title just seems insane, to me. I can't believe that the amount of effort involved in creating a GTA game could easily be transported to another generation within the required timeframe - seems like crazy talk.
    not at all - first of all, there's no timeframe. and second, they are probably co-developing it along side a PC version, which will be the same thing basically. makes a lot of sense to use resources this way, especially given the timing of the release.
    Hmmm I wonder how much would Sony have to pay Rockstar to have it exclusively as a PS4 launch title and shelf every other platform for 1 year?

The delay is strange, it felt like a 6 month delay when they announced the spring release. Something is up, definitely.

They've been in the developing game too long to misjudge their progress so massively.
  • agparrot 1 Feb 2013 15:43:35 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    Hmmm I wonder how much would Sony have to pay Rockstar to have it exclusively as a PS4 launch title and shelf every other platform for 1 year?
    So, am I right in thinking your question is "How much money could Sony pay Take Two / Rockstar to delay releasing GTA V to a guaranteed ~140 million PS3 + 360 console userbase in order to try and sell PS4s by making it PS4 exclusive?".

Because I don't think Sony have that much money at the moment, is my answer.

Those days of really big-name console games being format exclusive are surely long gone now, given how many potential customers you are turning away from by only developing for one, or the other, aren't they?
  • Ka-blamo 1 Feb 2013 16:17:35 7,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    given how many potential customers you are turning away from by only developing for one, or the other, aren't they?
    It's happened before, microsoft paid $50 million to rockstar to have Ballad of gay tony exclusive to 360 for a year.

So if you want an exclusive from a 3rd party developer then you do have to make it worth their while.

It got me wondering how badly Sony would want to get the big head start in the new generation, it'd quite literally be going for broke.
  • agparrot 1 Feb 2013 16:22:28 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Ka-blamo

It just feels like MS underwriting/subsidising the GTA IV DLC development costs happened in a very different environment, before they had the sense that they held rough parity in console sales numbers with the PS3.

Still, maybe Sony sold that $700m dollar skyscraper in New York to fund PS4 GTA V exlusivity.

Hahaha, no, I can't keep a straight face. It wouldn't make sense for either party in many ways to throw away all this development time on an untested, unknown quantity like the size of the userbase of an unreleased console.

Edited by agparrot at 16:23:20 01-02-2013
  • Ka-blamo 1 Feb 2013 19:09:52 7,295 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    @Ka-blamo .

Still, maybe Sony sold that $700m dollar skyscraper in New York to fund PS4 GTA V exlusivity.

Hahaha, no, I can't keep a straight face.
    Well gayface, I like your skyscraper theory :) and am going to believe it
  • Zizoo 4 Feb 2013 13:10:05 8,124 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If this were to be announced as a next gen title as well, I would hold off.

GTA V at launch? Yes please.
  • oceanmotion 4 Feb 2013 13:20:43 15,673 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was planning to hold off for a next gen version. Think it would be nice to play a better version after all this time.
  • binky Moderator 4 Feb 2013 13:51:08 9,462 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:

Clearly this post needed more time for the bugs to be ironed out ;D
  • beastmaster 4 Feb 2013 13:58:33 11,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it really being held off so it be be a next-gen launch title? The date suggests otherwise unless that's when MS launch their new console.

If anyone's going to pay for a limited GTA exclusive (as in the game itself, not DLC) it's more likley me MS.

It's so far off I'm not too hyped up about it. Just casting a curious eye over proceedings here.

Edited by beastmaster at 13:59:33 04-02-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• jellyhead 4 Feb 2013 14:03:19 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm a PC gamer so i can wait a year or two after launch to pick it up.
    I'll have to wait anyway, So hype? Meh. Saint's Row and Just Cause scratch my sandbox itch nowadays so i'm not too bothered by GTA and i feel it insists on itself like the Godfather. Lighten up and i might be interested.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• X201 4 Feb 2013 14:06:21 15,157 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Is it really being held off so it be be a next-gen launch title?
    No.

The tin foil hat brigade over at Rockstar NewsWire couldn't cope with the fact that Rockstar just needed a bit more time. A developer getting their timing wrong and needing more development time was too simple a reason for them, it had to be something bigger.

as Rockstar themselves said

"To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that they’re all nonsense."
  • Page

of 318 First / Last