Grand Theft Auto V Page 6

• Page

of 320 First / Last

• mikew1985 25 Oct 2011 15:59:13 12,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great news, release date will probably be announced for march and then delayed to July in February.

Either way,I lived GTAIV, looking forward to seeing what they've improved upon and where they're setting this one.

I've a feeling there will be significant changes with this one. A lot has been done and a lit had changed since the release of IV
  • RedSparrows 25 Oct 2011 16:03:33 22,655 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I honestly preferred GTA1 to all the others. I just don't get very excited for any of them, even though they are good games.

It doesn't help that Rockstar's particular brand of humour does bugger all for me, and in fact usually irritates me.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2011 16:10:13
    Eregol wrote:
    While I wont deny that the GTA games are exceptionally well put together, I cannot get excited for them at all.
    I've played every GTA game since 3 and for the life of me I do not know why. I've never got on with a single one of them, yet have still bought them.

Stupid stupid me.
    I don't understand...
  • spamdangled 25 Oct 2011 16:13:04 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For some reason, this announcement has made me want to go back and play Bully.

Now THAT was a great game.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 25 October 2011 16:13:14
    Well I was one of those that thought GTA 4 was stellar so I'll be looking forward to this.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 16:14:13 25-10-2011
  • Tiberius_Gracchus 25 Oct 2011 16:27:36 168 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GTA IV was a decent game, not a 10/10 though! Uncharted 3 and a gta v trailer next wednesday! Woo hoo!
  • heyyo 25 Oct 2011 16:38:43 14,373 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Eregol wrote:
    While I wont deny that the GTA games are exceptionally well put together, I cannot get excited for them at all.
    I've played every GTA game since 3 and for the life of me I do not know why. I've never got on with a single one of them, yet have still bought them.

Stupid stupid me.
    I don't understand...
    Hype
  • megastar 25 Oct 2011 16:43:59 17,186 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    not just hype though is it?

they are actually good games!

Like If I had a shoebox full of my own actual shit and paid millions of dollars to hype it as the next big thing in home entertainment - somebody would buy it, but it'd be a lot harder to get away with the same thing 3 years later, almost impossible a 3rd time! etc etc!
  • King_Edward 25 Oct 2011 16:45:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    megastar wrote:

Like If I had a shoebox full of my own actual shit and paid millions of dollars to hype it as the next big thing in home entertainment - somebody would buy it, but it'd be a lot harder to get away with the same thing 3 years later, almost impossible a 3rd time! etc etc!
    Epic managed it.
  • Ron_Justice 25 Oct 2011 16:47:11 2,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The new logo brings a couple of things to mind for me. The scrolly thing reminds me of San Andreas so there's a possibility of that I guess, but I also get Prohibition / Al Capone / 1920's vibe.

Could be epic.

Steam/Origin - Ron_Justice
    PSN - hyper_808

• heyyo 25 Oct 2011 16:51:15 14,373 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    megastar wrote:

I agree, I think the games are very good - i'm just saying the reason he probably bought the games despite not liking any of the previous ones is because of hype.
  • Eregol 25 Oct 2011 16:54:26 31 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    heyyo wrote:
    megastar wrote:

I agree, I think the games are very good - i'm just saying the reason he probably bought the games despite not liking any of the previous ones is because of hype.
    Also because I believed that the newest iteration was going to be the one that changed my perception and I actually enjoyed it.
    Alas, was never the case.

I shall make sure I keep up with the news and watch the trailers. But when it gets released, I shall be making sure I veer well clear.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2011 16:58:14
    As long as its a return to the Vice City approach what with the balls out action, if they focus on becoming the Sopranos of gaming only with shit writing and a story with plot holes galore then I'm not arsed. Focus on the gameplay again Rockstar.
  • VandelayIndustries 25 Oct 2011 17:00:09 1,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm hoping for something as flamboyant and fun as Vice City, but I'm guessing it'll go back to Los Santos etc.

Edited by VandelayIndustries at 17:00:31 25-10-2011
  • BinaryBob101 25 Oct 2011 17:00:21 22,929 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Will it have Zombies?

The Grumpy Vaper

• King_Edward 25 Oct 2011 17:02:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I HOPE SO!
  • kalel 25 Oct 2011 17:04:15 87,627 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just hope it has some pace to it this time. GTA IV was so slow out the blocks. Was an age before I actually got to do a mission that was fun and involved crime. The mandatory game of bowling during the tutorial bit was particularly irritating, especially as I somehow died on the way back from the mission and had to do it all again. San Andreas had some quite boring stuff in it as well. Short and sweet is better than padded out and dull. I want a flame that burns bright, even if it means it burns quickly.

They got the idea right with the DLC though which were both amazing, so I’m confident they’ve remembered what’s fun about the series.
  • megastar 25 Oct 2011 17:12:29 17,186 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, if the trailer i saw for saints row 3 on the telly the other night is anything to go by- they better had focus more on the "fun" element.

I havent been following SR3 but that trailer looks balls out mental fun!!
  • dean0null 25 Oct 2011 17:24:15 55 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • VandelayIndustries 25 Oct 2011 17:24:50 1,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not that I expect it to happen, but I'd love for them to do a GTA that spans a few generations so that you'd see the city change over time and through course of the game. You'd play as a father and son, 70's/80's to present day... Suitably epic.

Edited by VandelayIndustries at 17:25:43 25-10-2011
  • Eregol 25 Oct 2011 17:27:34 31 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They should base it in the 1900s when the cars went about as fast as you could walk.
    It'd make the getaways harder.
  • kalel 25 Oct 2011 17:29:33 87,627 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    VandelayIndustries wrote:
    Not that I expect it to happen, but I'd love for them to do a GTA that spans a few generations so that you'd see the city change over time and through course of the game. You'd play as a father and son, 70's/80's to present day... Suitably epic.
    Great idea!

Much better idea than just having a stupidly huge map which you never learn properly. This way you get variety and a map that evolves, but still basically stays the same.

Seriously, that’s genuinely a fantastic idea. I really really hope they’ve done this.
  • oceanmotion 25 Oct 2011 17:32:05 15,938 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got to be some evil bankers to kill in the story. The media would jump right on that. Easy money.
  • DFawkes 25 Oct 2011 17:33:28 22,959 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That reminds me a bit of Driver Parallel Lines, where you end up playing in 2 distinct time periods. Of course your way would have a lot more time periods And would work fantastically narratively. If changes the father made had direct influence on how the city developed for his son, your idea would be jizzworthy.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Ron_Justice 25 Oct 2011 17:37:54 2,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Great idea!

Much better idea than just having a stupidly huge map which you never learn properly. This way you get variety and a map that evolves, but still basically stays the same.

Seriously, that’s genuinely a fantastic idea. I really really hope they’ve done this.
    Absolutely! That'd be brilliant.

Probably won't happen though.

If it's as good as Vice CIty, then I don't really mind what the packaging is. Fun, exploration & a good yarn is all they need to do

Steam/Origin - Ron_Justice
    PSN - hyper_808

• neilka 25 Oct 2011 17:41:29 15,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    That reminds me a bit of Driver Parallel Lines, where you end up playing in 2 distinct time periods. Of course your way would have a lot more time periods And would work fantastically narratively. If changes the father made had direct influence on how the city developed for his son, your idea would be jizzworthy.
    /sounds the Molyneux alarm

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• RedSparrows 25 Oct 2011 17:48:27 22,655 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have a sudden, bizarre urge to play Fable 2.
  • VandelayIndustries 25 Oct 2011 17:56:23 1,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Great idea!

They kinda sorta hinted at a similar idea in Red Dead. I was hoping that they would develop it further for DLC, but that didn't happen. Maybe this time though (fingers crossed).
  • Ged42 25 Oct 2011 18:28:18 7,730 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think they should have two stories, one following a old cop a few days from retirement and the other following a young cocky low life crimminal as the both try to bring down the same mafia family. Eventually teaming up for comedy 'I'm getting to old for this shit' inspired hijinks.

You either play each one all the way through, hop back and forth or play it as an epic co-op game.
  • oceanmotion 25 Oct 2011 18:29:45 15,938 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wii U version on the cards.

Get that money hat ready Nintendo.

Launch title that is the best console version! That might move some units.
  • Page

of 320 First / Last