Grand Theft Auto V Page 50

• Page

of 315 First / Last

• bad09 10 Jan 2013 09:57:14 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @anthonypappa

It's coming end of April/May consoles and safe money is on December PC.

New consoles are completely irrelevant, they aren't coming this year anyway as no one has even officially announced one.

Edited by bad09 at 09:57:48 10-01-2013
  • bad09 10 Jan 2013 10:12:29 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    going by your logic, the PC version isn't coming, as they haven't announced that either...
    Eh? Point is officially there are no new consoles coming. You'll get announcements at this years E3 and if you are lucky they'll be out at the end of the year but that's at the earliest guaranteed. New consoles will have no impact on a game coming on established platforms in May.

Officially you are right there is no PC version right now, but we all know Rockstar, we all know they support the PC especially on their main series GTA. They are not talking about it but 6 months after they do their console thing it will be announced.
  • Deckard1 10 Jan 2013 10:16:14 25,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bad09 wrote:

New consoles are completely irrelevant, they aren't coming this year anyway as no one has even officially announced one.
    The new xbox is widely expected to be out by christmas.

Called it

• bad09 10 Jan 2013 10:18:36 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:

The new xbox is widely expected to be out by christmas.
    Er.....hence:

"You'll get announcements at this years E3 and if you are lucky they'll be out at the end of the year but that's at the earliest guaranteed" :-)
  • Deckard1 10 Jan 2013 10:21:35 25,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was replying to the bit where you said they won't be out this year. Not the bit where you said they would.

Called it

• bad09 10 Jan 2013 10:26:08 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Deckard1

End of the year, next year pretty much the same to me it'll come Dec if it does come 360 launched Dec if remember correctly.

Point was anyway any new consoles will not have any impact on a may release for GTA5 as they are long way away.
  • bad09 10 Jan 2013 10:30:30 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @anthonypappa

Rockstar have already said key series will always go on PC and as much as possible for everything else. RDR, as successful as it was, wasn't a key series it was a new game bought from someone else and done by a team who didn't do PC and rockstar (well they claim) just did not have the time or resources to do a PC version. It was crappy, I'd still love to play that one, but Rockstar had their reasons.

Strictly speaking, while most PC gamers have laid it to rest, there is nothing stopping Rockstar still doing it for PC after they are finished with GTA. Certainly now it's a big series for them I would imagine any sequel may well get the PC treatment.
  • bad09 10 Jan 2013 10:36:13 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @anthonypappa

Why? Most "PC gamers" won't have completed GTA5 and how are new consoles gonna affect PC gamers? we don't care our PCs will probably still be more powerful anyway ;)

Edited by bad09 at 10:36:29 10-01-2013
  • bad09 10 Jan 2013 10:44:09 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @anthonypappa

"serious" gamer OK now I can't take you as a serious person :)

Anyway I'm waiting, all the other GTAs were played first on console but not long after 4 I made the full move to PC and I honestly don't mean to sound like a troll but console 4 is shit compared to PC so I'm not double dipping and happy to wait.

Besides I can't dedicate the time I want to on a console version with the family eating up much of the big TV time, I need a version I can swap over from monitor to TV with ease, that's why I never bothered with RDR on Mrs bad09's PS3 despite wanting to play it.

Edited by bad09 at 10:46:14 10-01-2013
  • disusedgenius 10 Jan 2013 10:44:15 5,142 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    most probably on their console which they also own!
    Am I fuck.
  • kinky_mong 10 Jan 2013 10:49:05 9,607 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    @anthonypappa

"serious" gamer OK now I can't take you as a serious person :)

It was this, and not the fact he thinks popcorn can replace vegetables completely in a healthy diet that stopped you taking him seriously?!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Deckard1 10 Jan 2013 10:52:15 25,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When he described himself as a "sandwich amateur" and struggled with the concept of a ham and cheese sandwich was when I first had my doubts about him.

Called it

• LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 10:53:56 41,872 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    any serious gamer, PC or otherwise, isn't going to sit around and hope for a possible distant release date - they are going to play it one way or another - most probably on their console which they also own!
    WiiU thread's over there son.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• bad09 10 Jan 2013 11:02:12 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:

It was this, and not the fact he thinks popcorn can replace vegetables completely in a healthy diet that stopped you taking him seriously?!
    Haha! Not sure about better than veg (where did he get that from :) ) but to be fair to him plain unsalted/unsugared popcorn is indeed actually a good healthy snack for watching your weight.
  • andytheadequate 10 Jan 2013 11:10:42 7,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    any serious gamer, PC or otherwise, isn't going to sit around and hope for a possible distant release date - they are going to play it one way or another - most probably on their console which they also own!
    I'll be getting it on the 360, don't fancy waiting around for an unannounced version of the game.
  • disusedgenius 10 Jan 2013 11:13:31 5,142 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Meh, there's plenty of games in the world. If they don't fancy releasing the game on the platform I want to play it on I'll live.

Edited by disusedgenius at 11:18:23 10-01-2013
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 11:14:30
    Every time the thread gets bumped I think there's some new intel.

Instead it's arguments over perceived release dates.

May
  • bad09 10 Jan 2013 11:19:34 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @anthonypappa

I really don't know how I got sucked into your childish little "warz" friend I merely commented on the pretty much likely release dates and how new consoles won't matter one bit to it's release.

Why am I snob for waiting for a preffered version that suits me a lot better that will be coming given Rockstars already stated stance on that particular platform?

Consoles no longer serve my needs so I don't play on 'em big deal, and realistically IF by some chance they suddenly decided to change their stance of being 100% PC supporters (albeit late ones) on key series and as much as they possibly can on everything else I'd just move on to someone else's game just like with RDR. Does not stop you enjoying your little console "serious gamer" friend so relax. Have some popcorn...

Edited by bad09 at 11:21:59 10-01-2013
  • imamazed 10 Jan 2013 11:21:16 5,455 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Me too!

I realise this post may do the same for someone else...
  • andytheadequate 10 Jan 2013 11:26:07 7,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:

Instead it's arguments over perceived release dates.

May
    At least it isn't endless talk about how bad the social bit was in GTA IV.

And to conclude the release date argument, buy it on console if you want the game asap, wait for the probable pc version if you don't mind waiting and like pretty graphics.
  • bad09 10 Jan 2013 11:30:40 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't really want to get involved in the warz but I will say (even as someone who owned all of them on consoles first) the PC versions of GTA always offer more than just "pretty graphics". They may not make the most money for Rockstar but certainly the best versions.
  • Zizoo 10 Jan 2013 11:40:10 7,713 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I too don't want to start a massive discussion, but isn't there at least a chance that it will never come to PC, especially since RDR never did?.
  • bad09 10 Jan 2013 11:46:52 5,506 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZizouFC

No Rockstar have already said for key series it will always be part of the plan and GTA is a pretty key series don't you think? :) Again RDR was a new "unproven" game, an IP bought from someone else and made by Rockstar San Diego and there was simply no time or resources to port it.

I understand the doubt to be fair, the problem is the way Rockstar sell on the machine they ALWAYS keep quiet until the console pimping is done so doubt will always creep in even on GTA. I've said before the fact they didn't do that routine with Max Payne is probably something to do with the deal with Remedy who probably stipulated a PC release with consoles or something, it was so out of character for the way they operate (even if it was a better and less insulting way of selling to their PC customers).

Edited by bad09 at 11:50:16 10-01-2013
  • Deckard1 10 Jan 2013 11:49:05 25,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Insulting?

Called it

• Page

of 315 First / Last