• skuzzbag 21 Nov 2012 08:04:45 5,648 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We need more possessed shopping trolleys
  • Ka-blamo 21 Nov 2012 08:28:09 7,368 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheHammerite wrote:
    I really wish Rockstar would add a genuine mystery event in this game. In San Andreas everyone was looking for Bigfoot, except he wasn't in the game
    It might not be a clue, but when paused on a police car on the first trailer, there is a silhouette of big foot on the police emblem.

Hopefully your wish comes true.

Edited by Ka-blamo at 08:28:27 21-11-2012
  • SuperCoolEskimo 22 Nov 2012 14:42:08 9,884 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just saw this on Twitter

Grand Theft Auto V from Tesco for only £30! Use voucher code 'TDX-RJMW'

Order here: http://t.co/1yDBkhzb
  • X201 22 Nov 2012 14:45:20 15,523 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aren't Tesco one of the companies that take the cash at the order stage rather than dispatch?
  • Blerk Moderator 22 Nov 2012 14:51:46 48,225 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes.

But that's too good a deal to miss out on. £30 for the game, plus you get 530 Clubcard points and there's 4.5% Quidco cashback on Direct orders.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 22 Nov 2012 14:53:15 9,884 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Code works for PS3 version too - my order went through.
  • Lyserberg 23 Nov 2012 14:18:51 349 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Two of the most difficult things to consider when you're aiming to buy the PC version whenever it comes it out, are:
    - Hold your saliva back, because if you ain't a guy who can wait for titles to come out on your prefered platform, then...i guess you can buy the console version and cry as much as you want about inferior graphics ;-)
    -Avoiding spoilers which will be somewhat impossible, but at least i'll avoid looking at stuff that will make the game too "predective" and less enjoyable to play.
    So yeah, once the game is out, guys, be sure to use that spoiler button, it's not there for nothing :D

Edited by Lyserberg at 14:20:20 23-11-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Lyserberg 23 Nov 2012 14:25:26 349 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    If a spoiler ruins a game like GTA for you the you're playing it wrong
    I'm not talking about any simple spoiler, looking at some gameplay vids of some driving in the roads and some stuff we can do in the city isn't spoiling at all for me, what i'm talking about is the game's ending or such stuff...
    A reviewer (yes, a reviewer) spoiled the ending of Assassin's Creed 3, and... i don't know who i can trust anymore honestly...

Edited by Lyserberg at 14:25:55 23-11-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Steve_Perry 23 Nov 2012 14:26:22 4,335 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Don't read the thread if you are bothered about spoilers that much.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Lyserberg 23 Nov 2012 14:28:32 349 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    Don't read the thread if you are bothered about spoilers that much.
    If the game is out along with console version it's not going to be that hard... but 5 (6,7 it doesn't matter...) months being away from the GTA V thread in EUROGAMER.net.
    It's way too tuff for me...:D

Edited by Lyserberg at 14:30:15 23-11-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• Popzeus 23 Nov 2012 14:28:33 8,339 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Remember that this forum thought it was a spoiler that Luigi was in Mario Galaxy.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Lyserberg 9 Dec 2012 22:14:24 349 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Another screenshot, or a trailer, and BAM the explosion of posts of excitement and passion... :)

Edited by Lyserberg at 22:14:39 09-12-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• spamdangled 14 Dec 2012 14:03:15 27,377 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rockstar Dev has said they would love to make a GTA game containing all the major cities that you could fly to and explore at will:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/383600/rockstar-wants-to-put-all-gta-cities-in-one-game/

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Whizzo 14 Dec 2012 14:10:41 43,160 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This isn't as far-fetched as it may seem, as Kotaku notes that it was possible to fly to GTA III's Liberty City in GTA: San Andreas, albeit a limited version of it.
    Albeit a limited version? Jesus Christ you see a road and St Mark's Bistro in a cutscene then you have a shoot out inside it, limited really doesn't adequately describe it!

This space left intentionally blank.

• DUFFMAN5 21 Dec 2012 15:20:00 14,791 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fancied some GTA action, so playing S.A. on the 360, via GOD. When I say playing, I mean changing radio stations and listening to one great song after another. The soundtrack is fookin awesome (for the most part)
    I end up just sat in the car, well my avatar does ;)

I'm trying to remember if GTA IV soundtrack was any good ?

I would play through this game again, but I remember the flying lessons/missions nearly killing my love of gaming stone dead, so best just drive about and listen to the soundtrack and the DJ's.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Tricky 21 Dec 2012 15:33:10 4,411 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Radio Broker and Liberty Rock Radio = a very happy me, so yeah, I thought GTA IV's music was great.

/realises that's barely a tenth of the total music in the game
  • 1Dgaf 21 Dec 2012 15:34:42 3,853 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got San Andreas from games on demand. When I flew to 'Liberty City' I was quite excited.

A short lived sensation.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• Zomoniac 24 Dec 2012 14:41:27 7,839 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New screenshots. Needage overload.
  • stephenb 24 Dec 2012 14:54:22 2,742 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a bloody shark!

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• Ged42 24 Dec 2012 23:05:25 7,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope Rockstar include a bigger boat.
  • guts 24 Dec 2012 23:17:41 1,690 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :) very good.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• skuzzbag 25 Dec 2012 13:08:45 5,648 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    1Dgaf wrote:
    I got San Andreas from games on demand. When I flew to 'Liberty City' I was quite excited.

A short lived sensation.
    I got mine from Steam and was about to complete the mission to open the next area and the bloody game won't load now. Keeps saying "it's already running in steam" or some other lies.

Bah!
  • Ryze 25 Dec 2012 13:43:13 3,125 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

I would play through this game again, but I remember the flying lessons/missions nearly killing my love of gaming stone dead, so best just drive about and listen to the soundtrack and the DJ's.

This is (one of) the point(s) where I abandoned the game back in '05 or so.

I just played from this point this morning, after waking up at daft o'clock, seeing the new V shots (thanks, Zom), and fancying some GTA antics. Here was my experience - VERY DIFFERENT:

- I managed to pass the flying lessons in two chunks. Played up to 'circle the airstrip and land' in one go, then had a break / pissed around playing music in the game and larking about in the desert. The break gave me the patience to continue.

- I'm playing on the 360 with the Xbox DVD of the game this time. I was on the PS2 back in '04-'05. Apart from the aim/shoot triggers being the wrong way round, and it being 'different' to the GTA IV controls I'm used to, the controls are hands down WAY better (IMHO) for everything with this setup, not to mention the resolution, graphics, and framerate. Helps, somewhat.

- Back in '05, I had no foresight into how the game progressed from this point, and I don't think that I really realised that the flying lessons were REQUIRED in order to progress the storyline. I remember putting MUCH too much effort into trying to complete Zero's horrible shooting missions, and treating the flying school like the other 'schools', which I have never completed to this day despite still having the same launch day copy of GTA IV PS2, saved games, and the same (mostly) working PS2 console in my spare room. In fact, I only decided to venture over to the boat school this morning, after having a play around after completing the flying school at around 6-7.30am.

- Regarding the above point, I think that the game should have made it clearer that the game progresses when the flight school is completed, and not when Zero's missions are completed. I used to laugh at James Woods / Toreno's 'Learn To Fly' phonecall, as it's fantastic acting - but it wasn't enough to drive home the fact that I should focus on this instead of the Zero mission, due to the big Z on the map looking like it was the story mission to carry out next. Never did finish those Zero missions due to the aiming controls. I have the game on Steam now, and got it running at 1280x768 with all of the GFX turned up yesterday. Maybe I'll go for that again to tide me over until V.

- Again, with hindsight, as I never really bothered with cheats for a LONG time after I abandoned GTA SA's missions, I wasn't really clued up on how relatively difficult the 'handling' of the delivery and stunt planes used in the flying lessons was, compared with other planes like the 'Lear' private jet thing. This contributed to me not bothering with this 'school', and therefore scuppered the game. It wasn't even just a mere difficulty spike, as there are loads of those. It was bad signposting, as the other schools appear to have nothing to do with the game's story. I've forced myself over the years not to OCD my games if they feel like chores, as I don't have OCD, and it just felt unhealthy. Fun only, and I don't especially HAVE to complete any specific part of my games to achieve satisfaction. This means I missed out on the story's ending for quite a while, until I picked the game back up a few years ago when I had lots of free time to kill, and a clear mind!

Regardless - in hindsight, and with a 360 controller, the plane missions are, at worst, little more than a short-term annoyance. At best I really found them fantastic fun. Now I'm aged 32 I'm enjoying playing the game without messing with the radio dial until I hear repetition. Those various radio stations are fantastic, and flying those lessons, listening to the soundtrack and generally paying more attention to the on screen prompts and instructions with more patience, means that I've quite enjoyed my Christmas morning flying adventure!

The flight controls and physics are pretty impressive, but some of the manoeuvres require such a light touch and dexterity with my left thumb, that I wish there was a decent 360 Twin-joystick peripheral. I can now CLEARLY see why I (and others) don't enjoy console FPS games. I simply didn't develop the required dexterity in my right thumb, due to my learning how to play FPS games on the PC using M&K in the 90s.

/blog!

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Ryze at 21:09:17 30-12-2012
  • muttler 25 Dec 2012 23:53:01 4,066 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, quite a long post there.  I was stuck for ages recently on the mission in San Fierro where you have to shoot the helicopter down after chasing it from the heli pad.

The controls in SA and VC are so infuriating by current standards, but the games are that good that they're still fun to play.
  • Ryze 26 Dec 2012 00:40:43 3,125 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah - the on-foot controls were always noticeably broken to me as far back as GTA III upon launch, but the concept and freedom were so impressive that it was easy to overlook the shortcomings.

I can't really be fussed with the PS2 version of Vice city, as the aiming is so utterly terrible that it's sucked the fun out of the missions I'm stuck on. I've got the Steam version running in HD in Win XP, so I'll see what I can do with that over the next few months. Also wouldn't mind revisiting Vice City Stories to see if I can finish that. Abandoned it before the end due to some of the same annoyances in terms of terrible on-foot controls / aiming, (lack of decent) checkpoints and lack of autosave.

Apparently Max Payne's gun controls are great, and Red Dead's were really decent, so the best of those worlds should make it over to V. We'll see... as they've really taken a terribly long time to get a handle on some of this stuff.

There's still nothing quite like San Andreas in terms of size, variety, story and scope in that type of game. GTA IV is obviously more like III, and the closest to San An and Vice is probably TBOGT. V's looking like it's going to blow things wide open again. Probably 2015 at least before we see GTA VI on the next gen consoles in Vice City, eh?

Can't wait... lots to play in the meantime, however. I'm overloaded with great gaming content from across the years at the moment!

Edited by Ryze at 06:18:41 26-12-2012
  • Page

of 320 First / Last