• skuzzbag 14 Nov 2012 22:01:07 5,648 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looks fantastic can't wait for this!
  • Ged42 14 Nov 2012 23:05:22 7,736 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was ready to be all cynical about GTA V, but that trailer is ace. :D

There'd better be a cheat mode to play as a dog, Fido has a train to steal.
  • RelaxedMikki 14 Nov 2012 23:26:34 929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheat mode to play as a dog is fricking awesome idea.

You could choose 'bark', 'dog poo', 'bite', 'chase tail' or 'beg' from the weapon select wheel.

Grand Theft Fido.

Edited by RelaxedMikki at 23:51:24 14-11-2012
  • Maturin 14 Nov 2012 23:29:11 3,029 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Grand Theft Dido.
    Wouldn't that involve singing slightly flat all the time. And making albums for lonely primary school teachers.
  • RelaxedMikki 14 Nov 2012 23:31:12 929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man, I've just edited it.

Somehow 'Grand Theft Dido' sounded better. Even though it made no sense...!

Too many f's in Grand Feft Fido...
  • mrpon 14 Nov 2012 23:36:27 28,986 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    rodpad wrote:
    Hello GTA 4.5
    How so?
    Initiate "My X opinion is more valid than your Y opinion" argument.

Go!
    Same as 4 but with 25% improvement? Sounds good to me.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• RelaxedMikki 14 Nov 2012 23:48:43 929 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The worrying thing is that RockStar seem to be claiming 300% improvement not 25% (3 times as much map, 3 times as many player characters, 3 times as many types of vehicle etc)...

I just hope they can pull it off. The framerate on GTA4 is really bad on console. If they could just sort that out and give me BMXs (and dogs) I will be happy...
  • SuperCoolEskimo 15 Nov 2012 00:25:34 9,884 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And drug dealing side games. :)
  • Benno 15 Nov 2012 08:26:36 9,932 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    rodpad wrote:
    Hello GTA 4.5
    How so?

Go!
    It looks like GTA 5 to me. I don't understand what else you would need to see in that trailer which would make you then consider it a sequel. This isn't FIFA or COD.
  • 4gate 15 Nov 2012 11:15:46 362 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    rodpad wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    rodpad wrote:
    Hello GTA 4.5
    How so?

Go!
    Same as 4 but with 25% improvement? Sounds good to me.
    It would only be a 12.5% improvement, but the trailer is nice :)
  • ModishNouns 15 Nov 2012 11:25:47 4,655 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was left feeling a bit unsatisfied by the second trailer. I'm blaming the music which didn't grab me like the Small Faces and Eric Prydz from GTA V.1 and BOGT.

The world looks amazing, though. One worry is the decision to bounce between characters to keep us in the action. One of the most memorable aspects of SA was the light and dark and the tension they created. Stand out moments like being ejected from Los Santos by Tenpenny served as check points in what later felt like a real journey for CJ. Thinking back and picking out memories they seem to come from different games. The narrative was that big.

Hopefully the character switching won't break that sense of "journey".

Edited by ModishNouns at 11:27:09 15-11-2012
  • Tryhard 15 Nov 2012 11:29:18 4,020 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So they have Mountain,Motorcross and quad bikes.I am sorted when it comes to having vehicular fun in GTA V.
  • Steve_Perry 15 Nov 2012 11:30:30 4,331 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    rodpad wrote:
    Hello GTA 4.5
    How so?

Go!
    I'm genuinely interested. This seems to offer a lot more content than many sequels.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• skuzzbag 15 Nov 2012 12:25:28 5,648 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Cheat mode to play as a dog is fricking awesome idea.

You could choose 'bark', 'dog poo', 'bite', 'chase tail' or 'beg' from the weapon select wheel.

Grand Theft Fido.
    It'd just be typical that what everyone wanted was 'Leg hump' and we get 'Chase tail'
  • Lukus 15 Nov 2012 12:43:24 19,143 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This thing about the map being however many times as big as the last game. Surely the majority of that increase is just going to be comparatively sparse dessert/water/hills, rather than actual cityscape.

Paintings & Photographs

• disusedgenius 15 Nov 2012 12:46:37 5,359 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Unless they've come up with a very nice procedural city builder, which wouldn't surprise me wildly.
  • Benno 15 Nov 2012 12:59:09 9,932 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just hope the cities/country feels more alive
  • kalel 15 Nov 2012 13:00:51 87,910 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    This thing about the map being however many times as big as the last game. Surely the majority of that increase is just going to be comparatively sparse dessert/water/hills, rather than actual cityscape.
    That would be my guess.

There was some comment from the developers about how they didn't include planes in IV because there wasn't enough land to justify them. My guess is much of the land is designed for the sake of meaningful air travel. Presumably you will also be able to travel by car or foot even, and there'll probably be missions based out in the middle of nowhere, but I'd say fundamentally there'll be a good amount of sparse area. Which is fine. That'll be good.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if the city areas are also huge. It sounds like the overall map size is going to be ridiculous.
  • X201 15 Nov 2012 13:38:05 15,516 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    That would be my guess.

There was some comment from the developers about how they didn't include planes in IV because there wasn't enough land to justify them. My guess is much of the land is designed for the sake of meaningful air travel. Presumably you will also be able to travel by car or foot even, and there'll probably be missions based out in the middle of nowhere, but I'd say fundamentally there'll be a good amount of sparse area. Which is fine. That'll be good.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if the city areas are also huge. It sounds like the overall map size is going to be ridiculous.
    One of the links one a previous page suggested that a big chunk of the map increase is internal locations.
  • ecureuil 15 Nov 2012 13:45:44 76,870 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    35sq miles of bank interior?
  • Benno 15 Nov 2012 13:51:24 9,932 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want there to be sparse lands. I like the idea of just kicking back on a harley out in the country. I dont need to see a farm, town or other points of interest every 5 seconds, just a nice long road with nothing of interest for a while. Would give the game a nice sense of scale. The kind you got in SA when you pissed about near that mountain looking for the yeti which never existed.
  • Tryhard 15 Nov 2012 13:55:17 4,020 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    I want there to be sparse lands. I like the idea of just kicking back on a harley out in the country. I dont need to see a farm, town or other points of interest every 5 seconds, just a nice long road with nothing of interest for a while. Would give the game a nice sense of scale. The kind you got in SA when you pissed about near that mountain looking for the yeti which never existed.
    This ^,also I'll hope to be hitting the hills with the motorcross bike.
  • SolidSCB 15 Nov 2012 13:56:58 6,771 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep. I'm definitely looking forward to the countryside/desert areas a lot more than the city itself. It'll be a nice change of pace. As well realised as the game world in GTA IV was, it wasn't really memorable as there was stuff in your face almost the whole time and the whole thing became a bit of a concrete blur.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Nov 2012 13:58:04 14,775 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We need an 80's radio station ingame and a seperate Grunge one :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• StixxUK 15 Nov 2012 14:06:00 7,255 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks good, hope they up the comedy to... Vice City or BOGT levels (not Saints Row wackiness).
  • Vortex808 15 Nov 2012 14:08:56 7,212 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It does look rather nice, I have to admit. I was going to avoid this like the plague after really not getting on with IV.

However, this looks like it might be more fun like III, VC & SA.

If they have fixed it by adding more mid-mission checkpointing, no need to constantly do shit mini-games with other characters to keep them happy and sorted out the car/motorbike handling to be more enjoyable I will no doubt have to buy it.
  • ecureuil 15 Nov 2012 14:18:47 76,870 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My only concern is they're going to ruin the near-perfect car handling that IV had. Really hoping they don't listen to the complainers and instead actually educate more on how to drive the vehicles. If they go back to RC cars it'll be a step backwards for sure.
  • Lukus 15 Nov 2012 14:20:06 19,143 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah the car physics were really good I thought. Not sure what PappaAntony is talking about.

Paintings & Photographs

• Page

of 320 First / Last