Grand Theft Auto V Page 41

• Page

of 361 First / Last

• magicpanda 12 Nov 2012 16:08:39 13,480 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scans if we've not already had them

The issues around the in game economy are going to be addressed apparently. No specifics but there will be no property buying.

There is a fully working Golf Course. Apparently a lesson learned from RDR. One really good minigame designed by a proper team is better than a load of basic ones.

Can't wait for this.
  • Lukus 12 Nov 2012 16:14:30 19,468 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Makes sense, pool and darts were pointless after the first couple of goes. Bowling slightly less so.

Paintings & Photographs

• King_Edward 12 Nov 2012 16:37:54 11,471 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But 90% of the properties only existed to generate more money.
  • ecu 12 Nov 2012 16:43:44 77,313 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Properties are pointless, there's enough stuff to spend your money on. They serve little gameplay purpose or any real purpose whatsoever really, which is why they've been left out.
  • King_Edward 12 Nov 2012 16:54:02 11,471 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Or they'll just let you save anywhere and reload from the last mission checkpoint like a bunch of not-twats.
  • ecu 12 Nov 2012 17:02:44 77,313 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm sure the game will dole out properties at appropriate locations around the map as you progress through the story.
  • ecu 12 Nov 2012 17:13:05 77,313 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It doesn't matter. The game will have safe houses at appropriate locations, whether it gives them to you via quests or whether they make you purchase them, the end result is that you have a place to stay in this location. If we're not wasting our in-game cash on them, the game will give them to you anyway. The whole mechanic of buying properties was always false economy and padding anyway.
  • Rusty_M 12 Nov 2012 17:42:07 4,922 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My god! If this releases in March, I might have to postpone my wedding!

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• King_Edward 12 Nov 2012 17:43:28 11,471 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    no. it was a task going towards 100% completion, in a completionist's game.

maybe you're the type of person who likes the game to do everything for you, probably an advocate of auto-aim... :confused:
    That's dumb. You're being dumb. Stop it.
  • Deleted user 12 November 2012 17:58:12
    Is there going to be farming in this?
  • spamdangled 13 Nov 2012 00:48:37 27,441 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/grand_theft_auto_v/b/xbox360/archive/2012/11/12/what-we-know-about-grand-theft-auto-v-the-overview.aspx

Has a lot of information in there about game mechanics and what to expect.

Taking the interiors and exteriors into account, the world of Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of GTA IV, San Andreas, and Red Dead Redemption combined, with room to spare.
    Building off the idea of multiple playable characters introduced in Episodes of Liberty City, Grand Theft Auto V stars three main protagonists.

Confirmed activities include yoga, triathlons, Jet Skiing, base jumping, tennis, and even a full-fledged golf game.

Confirmed vehicles include a BMX bike, mountain bikes, road bikes, dirt bikes, a huge variety of cars and trucks, helicopters, planes, ATVs, and Jet Skis. You won’t have to wait until the endgame to take to the skies, either. Since Trevor is a former war veteran with flight experience, you just need to find a plane to fly it.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Alastair 13 Nov 2012 08:32:06 16,405 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/grand_theft_auto_v/b/xbox360/archive/2012/11/12/what-we-know-about-grand-theft-auto-v-the-overview.aspx

Yes, most of your quoted revelations have already been posted in this thread.
  • Benno 13 Nov 2012 09:11:00 10,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have to admit, I kind of liked buying properties. It was a good thing to save for.
  • magicpanda 13 Nov 2012 09:14:34 13,480 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    At the top of this very page no less.

I miss the Garages and lockups from the previous games. I loved stashing cars all over the city.

Basically I want to (with a lot of collecting/effort) to be able to drive out any car in the game on demand.
  • Alastair 13 Nov 2012 09:21:22 16,405 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Customising and upgrading cars that you can then use in street races seems a pretty reasonable way to spend cash.
    Plus, perhaps the ability to go and buy cars, motorbikes, boats or whatever.. once you've achieved something in order to unlock them perhaps. I dunno, I'm not a game designer.
  • Benno 13 Nov 2012 09:32:58 10,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would like to invest my money in shares and safe low-yield stocks.

This... or I am not buying
  • Alastair 13 Nov 2012 09:37:42 16,405 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Should be able to use your money and shady connections in order to be able to hire heavies to accompany you on some missions, bit like your follower in Skyrim.
    Someone to take some of the hits on your behalf.
  • magicpanda 13 Nov 2012 09:59:29 13,480 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hire a gang of Transvestites on your own custom pimped Faggios. They could follow you around blaring out "We are Family" By Sister Sledge while you beat prostitutes to death.

That's a money sink right there.

/should be a game designer.
  • Popzeus 13 Nov 2012 10:01:35 8,427 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wait, you have to play as someone called Trevor?

NO SALE

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Alastair 13 Nov 2012 10:02:51 16,405 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    Hire a gang of Transvestites on your own custom pimped Faggios. They could follow you around blaring out "We are Family" By Sister Sledge while you beat prostitutes to death.

That's a money sink right there.

/should be a game designer.
    I'm in!

/prays that Copacabana is in the soundtrack somewhere
  • SuperCoolEskimo 13 Nov 2012 12:29:55 10,069 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really, really, really hope they bring the drug dealing side-game from Chinatown Wars over into this, it was brilliant. I loved the different gangs (Chinese Traids, Italian Mob, African Americans, Jamaican Rastas, Hells Angels etc) controlling their turfs in different parts of the city, having specific drugs they bought/sold etc.

Getting a text message from a gang member temporarily desperate to buy some stuff for a ridiculously high price/sell some stuff for a really low price, and then racing across the city in time to make the deal was fucking great. There was quite a bit of strategy involved too, especially when gangs would try to get a good deal for themselves and you had to decide whether to decline the deal (sometimes resulting in them opening fire at you in anger and having to run for your life), and sell it to someone else for a good price to please the gang who asked you to sell it for them at a good profit. The fact that the police sometimes busted deals, opened fire and chased you around the city just added to the fun.

The massive scale of GTA V is just so perfect for them to put a similar thing in there and make it even better. Would be a great option for players to make money for property purchases given they'll be a must with such a big city and the need for safe houses etc. Hell, they could even let you fight for turf, customise your own gang etc. Fingers crossed!
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Nov 2012 12:46:37 4,894 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd love to see a feature similar to Vice City where buying (and upgrading? Can't quite remember) a property gave you a cool, unique vehicle, or did i just imagine that?
  • ModishNouns 13 Nov 2012 12:50:39 4,664 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    I'd love to see a feature similar to Vice City where buying (and upgrading? Can't quite remember) a property gave you a cool, unique vehicle, or did i just imagine that?
    Vice City Stories.

I'm pretty sure something linked to from this page says there will be no properties in V, though.

Edit: The Los Santos Economy

Edited by ModishNouns at 12:52:55 13-11-2012
  • Baleoce 13 Nov 2012 12:52:45 1,187 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Getting quite excited for this. Looking forward to perhaps some soundtrack announcements too.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• SuperCoolEskimo 13 Nov 2012 12:56:54 10,069 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ModishNouns The mobile phone driven gameplay, and the 'economies' they speak of in the link, makes me very optimistic of said drug dealing game being in there.
  • Page

of 361 First / Last