Rate the last gig you went to see out of 10! Page 29

• Page

of 30 First / Last

• beastmaster 20 May 2015 20:26:30 17,639 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Roisin Murhpy at The Roundhouse - 10/10

It's been a very long time since she's done anything. New album out and she's back on tour. Her gigs have always been off-the-wall batshit insane. This was no different. First time I've been to the Roundhouse. Fantastic venue.

Seeing her again at Albert Hall in Manchester in November. Awesome!
  • Vortex808 20 May 2015 20:38:36 11,736 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Julian Cope a week or two back.

Got dragged along by a mate, I wouldn't have gone on my own volition, but was happy to give it a go.

He was just doing a solo gig with a guitar, so not a full band thing. Still don't dig too much of his stuff, but he was a very charismatic and engaging performer. His between song banter & chat was pretty good too.

Quite glad I went/10.
  • Deleted user 20 May 2015 20:44:35
    Heard one of the new tracks the other day and thought it was good. Haven't checked anything else out, yet.
  • Zomoniac 25 Jun 2015 16:30:47 9,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Taylor Swift, Manchester Arena

Utterly spectacular out of 10.
  • Zomoniac 1 Jul 2015 10:23:42 9,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fleetwood Mac, Leeds Arena

Aside from the cunts near me who TALKED VERY LOUDLY THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH (seriously, why would a group of 6 spend Ł500 to not bother watching Fleetwood Mac), it was a decent show. But only decent, a bit of the magic spark was lost from times I've seen them before. Lindsay and Stevie took about an hour to start looking comfortable, the mix was shit for the first few songs, and Gold Dust Woman and Never Going Back Again were butchered in unfavourable ways. And Christine appears to have forgotten how Songbird goes.

That said, Little Lies was so good that I'll let them off the rest.

7/10.
  • JoeBlade 7 Jul 2015 04:07:05 4,119 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    AC DC

Arse kicking riffs were distributed liberally and Angus Young is a guitar wielding rock god.

"If you don't sieze any and every chance to see them live you're a tard" out of ten.
  • -Amelia 1 Feb 2016 23:23:39 3,164 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So for a friends birthday party we ended up at Jason derulo show. Now I thought it would be terrible but to be fare, with help of drink, it was one hell of a show..great entertainment.

9/10

When he got semi naked 10/10
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Feb 2016 23:30:16 21,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just heading back from seeing Mulatu Astatke and he was pretty ace for a fella in his seventies. Hearing Mulatu as an encore was brilliant, such a funky piece of choppy magic.

Very impressive band backing him too. Nice bit of MC work as well, got the crowd up and moving.
  • Vortex808 18 Oct 2016 00:16:41 11,736 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    *super-bump*

Seen a few gigs while annoying a mate catching up with their family in Holland.

PJ Harvey - fucking amazing out of 10. Seriously. Album quality vocals & a superb performance. 'Best gig evvar' territory. Anyone with tickets & looking forward to seeing her on the uk tour can get excited now, it is a supetb show.

Dead Kennedy's- minus Jello obviously, in a sold out 1500 folk venue. Sadly a 'meh' evening. Finished in about an hour and nothing to write home about at all. A band i used to really like has been scored off the 'must see' list though.

PJ is now on the 'must always see' list though. :)
  • GarlVinland 18 Oct 2016 10:35:10 2,300 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Went to see Perturbator again (for the third time in the last 12 months), this show was the best of the lot. 10/10 for the music, as always, but 5/10 for the venue. Three times in a row, his intro built up and up, then when the drop finally came, the sound system crapped out and sent the engineers scurrying to the fuse box. Carpenter Brut is playing the same venue in January, and this show didn't inspire me with confidence, but what the hell, it's Carpenter Brut. I have to go.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Oct 2016 10:47:02 22,064 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Placeholder ;)
    Gig:The Australian Pink Floyd show
    Date: 20/10/16
    Venue: Guildhall Pompey
    Attire: The Wall tshirt (obligatory greatest album ever comment )
    Review...

How have I never seen Waters/The Wall in concert :(
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Oct 2016 17:37:43 22,064 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Placeholder ;)
    Gig:The Australian Pink Floyd show
    Date: 20/10/16
    Venue: Guildhall Pompey
    Attire: The Wall tshirt (obligatory greatest album ever comment )
    Review...(
    The Australian Pink Floyd show
    Review:
    Excellent from the opening chords of (the awesome) Astronomy Domine, to the closing ones of Run Like Hell. The light show was also stunning and fitted the sound perfectly. Particular highlights for me were Pigs (three different ones) The Fletcher Memorial Home and Wall pt 2.
    Wonderful gig, musicianship and spectacle.
    If they come to your town, get a ticket and get ready to be entertained :)

At 44 I was defo in the younger category of patrons (don't get to say that much anymore!), also the male/female split was about 80/20 to the chaps I would say.
    10/10
  • TheBlackDog 21 Oct 2016 19:04:15 1,053 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 really? Can't believe they are still going. I saw them at least 20 years ago in Norwich. I guess they have replaced a few members maybe?

I then saw the real Floyd at Earls Court.

Edit: I don't come on this thread much (too many artists I don't know as I'm old). But on one page, not only have we got Floyd, but Julian Cope AND PJ Harvey. All we need now is The Fall to pop up :D

Getting to easily see live music is one of the only things I'm looking forward to coming back to the UK for.

Edited by TheBlackDog at 19:09:01 21-10-2016
  • President_Weasel 21 Oct 2016 19:05:59 12,339 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'ma rate the last gig I missed out of ten. Steve Mason at the Art School, by all accounts, was fucking amazing. I didn't go because I had a shitty cold.
    Fuck you, germs. Out of ten.
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Oct 2016 19:13:18 22,064 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TheBlackDog wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 really? Can't believe they are still going. I saw them at least 20 years ago in Norwich. I guess they have replaced a few members maybe?
    quote]

Hi mate
    Re members, yeah several in fact. They obviously employ talented musicians. I'm nearly certain that the only original member and Aussie is the keyboard player!

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 19:13:38 21-10-2016
  • BillMurray 8 Mar 2017 14:29:51 9,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Imbalance, Elk and Not Tonight & the Headaches 10/10

First local gig I've been to in ages and it was bloody good. Made me yearn for local gigs of yesteryear and even the entry fee on the door echoed gig prices of my youth(3 pounds!).
  • Vortex808 8 Mar 2017 15:32:17 11,736 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh shit, I'd forgotten about this thread!

Recently (ish) I done seen:

The Wedding Present touring their recent album, they were as great as usual.

And The Membranes (an old post-punk band) who were also not bad at all. They were touring their recent-ish new album too which is not bad at all.

Edited by Vortex808 at 15:36:35 08-03-2017
  • JoelStinty 19 Mar 2017 10:11:35 5,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Saw Gojira in Bristol last night. And Cor blimey Governor they were good.

I'm not actually a massive fan, i like their new album, and just went really to spend a night out with a couple of mates. I seen Gojira at a couple of festivals and they didn't really do anything for me, but last night flipped that on it's head. To the point it may be one of the best gigs i have been too.

So tight, and their new material really works well as live material. They also have the confidence just to hold their sound back a touch and you really get a sense for their musicianship. They're so tight. I finally got Gojira! Probably the best crowd i have seen as well, the whole standing area (bristol 02) was just moving. Really impressed.
  • Zomoniac 2 Jul 2017 18:54:32 9,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Green Day, Hyde Park

Fourth time I've seen them, first being in 1998. I've seen over 400 bands in my life, yet I have never seen anyone who comes even close to Billie Joe for being a natural born performer who can work a stage and crowd. Sometimes it's to a fault (the hey-oooos could be reduced by about 90% and if they put in a few extra songs instead of turning quite so many 3 minute tracks into 10 minute singalongs then I'd appreciate that), but the energy, enthusiasm, level of performance and just all round feel good vibe they put out is still in a league of its own after all these years.

• Frogofdoom 2 Jul 2017 21:07:52 6,218 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was there as well. Got there about 10 minutes before the hives started, absolutely brilliant day out. Had to leave a little before the end to beat the rush as i had parked in Richmond and needed to make sure i got the tube. What time did he finish in the end?
  • Zomoniac 2 Jul 2017 21:57:12 9,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finished about half 10 I think. He did three acoustic ones at the end, so if you saw any of those you only missed the last little bit.
  • Frogofdoom 3 Jul 2017 08:32:21 6,218 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No i missed all of those. Just before 10 i think it was. It thought they would have stopped him at 10!
  • minky-kong 3 Jul 2017 09:46:11 13,261 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was there too. Not the biggest Green Day fan, but I loved their set. Helped that it was 90% old stuff so they know their audience!

The Hives were outstanding too, just pure showmanship.
  • Dgzter 3 Jul 2017 10:40:09 1,571 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Went to see Woody Allen and his Louisana Jazz Band at the Royal Albert Hall last night. Was a pretty short gig, but really great fun :)

Definitely felt a bit surreal seeing Woody live in his octogenarian state, but I figured it was likely to be the only chance I'd ever get to do so. My dad and older brother effectively raised me on both Woody's and the Marx Brother movies, so very happy I got to go along and see the man himself.

Edited by Dgzter at 10:43:22 03-07-2017
  • Zomoniac 3 Jul 2017 10:43:02 9,467 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Frogofdoom Here's the full setlist, how much of it did you miss?
  • Frogofdoom 3 Jul 2017 11:34:55 6,218 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    7 songs it looks like. Had a 3 hour journey home as it was though and didnt fancy tube station carnage on top of it.
  • boo 20 Sep 2017 01:21:23 13,352 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just got back from the o2 where the Foo Fighters have just played for three solid hours.
    Support band (The Idles) were utterly atrocious, like four twelve year olds who figure that turning everything up to the max will make up for all their other shortcomings, but then at 8.30 the Foos rolled out and it was a blast from start to finish.
    Plenty of stuff from the new album, unsursprisingly, but sadly only one song (Congregation) from Sonic Highways, which is far and away my favourite album of theirs.

Most bizarre occurrence about two thirds the way through whereupon a nervous looking Rick Astley was brought on and the band ripped through the loudest version of 'Never Gonna Give You Up' ever heard.

Concert was being filmed - methinks that may end up in the 'special features' section.

They finished 'Everlong' at 11.35, by which time many people had had to leave to get trains.

8/10, though Mrs Boo is a massive Foos fan and declared it a 10.
  • Dougs 27 Oct 2017 09:50:20 83,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heads up for anyone interested, Flight of the Conchord gig tickets go on sale today at 10am
  • Dougs 27 Oct 2017 10:05:51 83,923 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ah, so one of those where they are either all bought by bots/touts or through pre-sale. How disappointing.
  • Page

of 30 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.